Dark Angels Secret Santa - we love secrets!

Chmur

Weird, the mini I was going to prime today isn't where I left it. A 30 min. search hasn't turned him up yet, he might have disappeared in the Warp.

Edit: Some Skinks that were waiting are gone too, time to get Brother Cat in room 42 for some 'conversation'.

I see I’m not the only one with animal problems. 2 nights ago my wife was at work, and my daughter got out of bed because she needed a band aid for a hangnail (I wasn’t impressed). So I put my lap tray on the couch without thinking. Came back a minute later to find my 6 month puppy chewing on my secret Santa gift. Thankfully all I lost was a shoulder pad and the fresh GS I’d been working on

Weird, the mini I was going to prime today isn't where I left it. A 30 min. search hasn't turned him up yet, he might have disappeared in the Warp.

Edit: Some Skinks that were waiting are gone too, time to get Brother Cat in room 42 for some 'conversation'.

I see I’m not the only one with animal problems. 2 nights ago my wife was at work, and my daughter got out of bed because she needed a band aid for a hangnail (I wasn’t impressed). So I put my lap tray on the couch without thinking. Came back a minute later to find my 6 month puppy chewing on my secret Santa gift. Thankfully all I lost was a shoulder pad and the fresh GS I’d been working on

Pets are the bane of the Space Marines. You were lucky, dogs can chew through stuff really fast. Since our dog ate 2 DE Raiders from my brother in law, I'm not leaving my models anywhere near edges anymore. I didn't suspect the cat though, he never chews on anything, but I can't see who else it could have been.

Well, I'm going to start on another one, I had some ideas I wanted to try anyway. Not going to show the pics of the other one, since he might turn up again.

Pets are bull:cuss. My cats already cost me a pot of wash (blu-tacked to table) and a 15 EUR detail brush. I don't fault them for the brush, one of them is a brush addict (I have to hide my shaving brush and wife is hiding her make-up brushes, otherwise we find them every day we return from work stashed nicely in our bed) - but I have moved every piece of furniture we have and was not able to find it. Does my head in.

And for small bits I have already learned nothing beats big sealable containers :D

Yea thankfully he lost all his puppy teeth in the last couple weeks. Those things are damn sharp, they would’ve done a number on the model

So I’d like to ask a favour of all the frater in this festive event. It’s looking like I’ll have some room to possibly freehand a name on this model. Seeing as I can’t straight up ask him/ her for a name, can I ask all of you to think up a name you’d like. Hopefully he/she will read this in time

Finished the new guy and found the previous one. The cat knocked them down into my workbag. I'm lucky enough that nothing snapped off.

I think I'm going to continue working on the second guy, the first one was based on a LE-model for 7th Edition and I'm not sure if it's usable in 8th. So to prevent issues with a model that my victim can't use, I'll go for a more usable loadout. Good thing for him/her that I like the 2nd guy even more than the first one :biggrin.:

EDIT: Woops, sorry for the double post.

Just realized something:

The deadline for sending the gift is 23rd December.

Not sure what all regions are like, but that's the Saturday before Christmas. Here in the states, you'll stand in line for a very, very long time if you try to ship it out on that date. Plus it won't move anywhere until the 27th anyway.

I highly recommend planning to ship out by the 17th.

Just realized something:

The deadline for sending the gift is 23rd December.

Not sure what all regions are like, but that's the Saturday before Christmas. Here in the states, you'll stand in line for a very, very long time if you try to ship it out on that date. Plus it won't move anywhere until the 27th anyway.

I highly recommend planning to ship out by the 17th.

It is a deadline, so the latest date - not the date you need to send it on. I already stated in the text that it is unlikely to arrive for Christmas itself, so everyone should be prepared for that.

Quite frankly, with how the post service is over Christmas, I wouldn't consider even 17th to be safe for shipping inside EU :wink: And regardless, some of us simply cannot manage earlier - despite when planning the event I had December free, I am now leaving for a week in Germany for meetings and the next week I need to go to CZ for another meetings, so that's hobby-evenings killed for me. Quite frankly this Secret Santa is the only hobby thing I will do before Christmas, and with the current update to my schedule I will maybe need to consider few long nights of painting to get it done, or compromise on the project in terms of size...

So yeah, while the 23rd as a ship date will mean it arrives most likely in 2018, it's there to make sure everyone has time to perfect their gift. I don't know about you, but I'd rather waited a week for something awesome, than have it on 24th/25th but rushed.

TL;DR: If you are able to ship sooner, excellent. But consider deadline is on 23rd when expecting the gift back.

I'm done Greenz, I spent days downscaling a badass Primaris, while giving it old school weaponry for nostalgia. Then I spent 60+ hours painting it, just to present to you my greatest achievement yet! I hope you will enjoy this piece of art as much as I hated painting it! Behold!

gallery_92826_13417_44247.jpg

So I went through a few different sets, from betrayal at calth, to the FW legion champion, and even sternguard. I think I finally found a good combination of bits to make a lieutenant. Everyone needs one of those ;)

Nice down scaled primaris GRC, I'm sure it'll fit well in greenz army ha

I'm done Greenz, I spent days downscaling a badass Primaris, while giving it old school weaponry for nostalgia. Then I spent 60+ hours painting it, just to present to you my greatest achievement yet! I hope you will enjoy this piece of art as much as I hated painting it! Behold!

gallery_92826_13417_44247.jpg

I keep hearing Leia saying “Aren’t you a little short for a Primaris?”

This must be the winter of arts and crafts. Break room decorating costume at work. I've been tasked with programming Christmas lights, making me office icons into characters in a snowball fight, and making a hearth from a TV and red Paper.

Between super glue, Elmer's glue and all these characters, I'm losing a lot of brain cells.

Between super glue, Elmer's glue and all these characters, I'm losing a lot of brain cells.

Yea but those are the slow ones that are dying off. It’s like wolves catching the slow, ill bison, making the herd stronger and faster. You’re just making yourself smarter :D

Models primed and drying, though a couple days later than I wanted

So I’ve got names from a few people here. I’m not saying if any of them are my person, and so for secrecy sake I’m still asking anyone that doesn’t want their model named “Ralph” to throw up a name

So I’ve got names from a few people here. I’m not saying if any of them are my person, and so for secrecy sake I’m still asking anyone that doesn’t want their model named “Ralph” to throw up a name

So what is wrong with "Ralph"? It's the short form of Ralphael... :biggrin.:

I really hope Lion is in the Codex or I made a illegal entry. On the other hand, it will fit Greenz' true scale marines perfectly.

http://legendarion.com/assets/images/Other/Le/1.jpg

Archived