Dark Angels Secret Santa - we love secrets!

Chmur

Mine is done, I'll see if i can still send it through this week.

Have you been taking painting lessons from Elmo? :D

I got mine base coated and first layer of washes put on last night. Which was an epic session for me! Still on course to have him finished by the end of next week

Well underway. Had to run down and pick up some black paint. Ended up getting a paint set and the first Triumverate of the Imperium for my niece so she has something to paint other than rocks.

Though I could maybe have her paint... The Rock...

Eventually. Yes, eventually...

I'm hoping she likes it though. Its not wonder woman or a unicorn, but I think Celestine will be a good fill in. 

Green stuffing is now finished, i'm pleased and proud of the result.

I have washed the mini because i use some vaseline to smoothen the GS so the mini is currently drying before i can undercoat it.

I think my paint session will be planned for Tuesday or Wednesday evening, and package should leave by the end of the week.

I am getting a bit worried seeing you all busy little elves... I was on Christmas party on Friday, somehow made it home for shower and to pick up my case for a tournament on Saturday... came home, slept until noon on Sunday and just when I was sitting down to pick up paints I realized there was new Path of Exile expansion released on Friday. So I went to test it for a hour... and left the PC around midnight.

Looking on the bright side, my primer now had over 1 week to dry on the minis, so I can go crazy with my masking tape shenanigans and "cheat" some fades with airbrush :D

-made 40k cookies (done)

-build a mini (done)

-40k Christmas match (done) ... I still feel a bit dirty for being paired up with those nurgle guys :wink.:

-painted the living room (done)

-company Christmas party (done)

-christmas presents (done.. more or less)

-primed the mini in the unfinished living room, just before we put in the floor on Sunday. (done)

I actually started painting yesterday evening. :sweat:

Booked a vacation day on Thursday to have some time for painting.

As many are nearing completion and are about to send the gift, I am reposting the link to submit your info once you shipped.

https://goo.gl/forms/eaEzlpGUs92FABiB2

Please use tracked shipment - it does not cost that much extra and makes sure the package is not lost in the Warp.

I will be distributing the tracking links to recipients via PMs as soon as their gifts get shipped so they can track ther gifts making their way! When you receive your gift, please share it with others, then post WIPs etc.

Disaster averted. Shapeways sent me a message saying the shipment would be late, then sent a notice this morning that stuff was packed for UPS with 2-day shipping. As long as the package isn't stolen off my porch, everything is set to be finished by Sunday night. That makes it thundering down range on Monday morning.

I might just be able to pull off an early Christmas for someone...

:happy.:

I will travelling for Christmas between dec 18 and Jan 5, so there wil possibly be a delay for pick up on my end. On the flip side, my gift will be done and shipped before I leave. It's shaping up to be a pretty exciting model...!

Done! Just waiting for the last details to dry, then I'll snap some photos for later then start packing! This is the most time I've devoted to a single mini, and I'm very pleased with the result. I hope [REDACTED] likes it!!

Nice! Glad to hear so many minis are coming along. I lost a few days this week. My littlest one ended up with a chest infection, so my wife and I were rather sleep deprived. Her fevers finally broken, so I’m hoping to buckle down and get this bad boy done this weekend

Nice! Glad to hear so many minis are coming along. I lost a few days this week. My littlest one ended up with a chest infection, so my wife and I were rather sleep deprived. Her fevers finally broken, so I’m hoping to buckle down and get this bad boy done this weekend

Damn Nurgle spawn trying to hit our chapter through our initiates!

So I was able to grind it out this morning. Just waiting for the water effect to fully cure. I think he looks great and has a bit of flavor to him. Quick question, how are you guys protecting the mini? Foam? Bubble wrap? Paper?

Sandingpaper all around for grip, so the mini won't slide too much.

No, don't do that. I used foam blocks.

So I was able to grind it out this morning. Just waiting for the water effect to fully cure. I think he looks great and has a bit of flavor to him. Quick question, how are you guys protecting the mini? Foam? Bubble wrap? Paper?

I have tons of bubble wrap and tiny boxes from online purchases, so I was going to do the tissue paper/bubble wrap/more bubble wrap method.

Archived