Get Ready For Chapter Approved

An optimist could say that if this is successful, and community feedback is positive, GW could begin bringing in similar options for other vehicles and races and perhaps even make them a proper part of armies in the distant future. Who knows. Worst comes to worst it's just a 'fun' optional extra for people, even if most like myself don't really care about it.

Cheaper autocannons and power fists is very welcome in my Guard, although kinda cranky the former doesn’t help the hydra since it has a set cost.

Wait...I thought Autocannons went up? I don't know what they were before but a guard player I know was pretty mad.

Autocannon from 15 -> 12. He's mad about the other changes for sure ;)

Based on the product description, I'm not seeing anything that says the datasheets are changed. Only the points. If that's true, then this book is a hard pass for me. Final nail in the coffin for Renegades & Heretics, as well. Maybe one day they'll get their own army book/campaign book to make them worth playing, but until then Astra Militarum rules are the thing to use.

The superheavy point increases were a bit disappointing, too. Workable, but lame. The worst offenders are the named greater daemons. I see we're back to the sacred number nonsense. Some changes are good, but I think I'll just save the relevant pages when better leaks show up and call it a day.

They really should have done complete points tables. These are just irritating. Army building in 8th (especially with wargear) is now such a damn pain. 
Battlescribe makes it a little bit easier, but I still cannot trust battlescribe fully as I have found mistakes far too often. 

GK techmarines still costing over double regular ones...

And GKT at 41 ppm while normal termies are 26...

GW have no clue. This is a sick joke.

GK termintors should cost around 35pts, and still probably would require an extra rule or something like +1A. What is worse about all of this is that, if this is the year update and the codex is already out, the chance that anything will get changed next year is really low.

IG changes are fun, some units fall out, other step in[some which were already being used by tournament players], melta gets switch for plasma. But what is really mind blowing is that somehow mortar teams did no go up in points.

They really should have done complete points tables. These are just irritating. Army building in 8th (especially with wargear) is now such a damn pain. 

Battlescribe makes it a little bit easier, but I still cannot trust battlescribe fully as I have found mistakes far too often. 

Ugh. They should have produced complete points cost tables, now we need to consult multiple books (or be driven further into the welcoming arms of tools like BattleScribe).

Now now, dont forget 8th ed is super cool because you dont need to take multiple books to play an army like you did in 7th. ;)

GK termintors should cost around 35pts, and still probably would require an extra rule or something like +1A. What is worse about all of this is that, if this is the year update and the codex is already out, the chance that anything will get changed next year is really low.

That's our fear as well. It looks like a very bad time to be a GK player...