New releases for Dark Angels

Chaplain Raeven

Superb powersword!

The rest is a bit underwhelming though.

Interesting that the Primaris have a different variant of the chapter icon on their shoulder pads compared to the normal one...

Seems that the icon is where the tactical symbol should be.

God I hate resting power swords. Sooooo stupid. It's a sword, not a resting post/walking stick, treat it as such.

Also really wish they'd stop having more damn bare heads than special helmets. Also very dumb.

Seems that the icon is where the tactical symbol should be.

I don't think so, the images show the Chapter icon on the same pauldron as normal.

As far as the difference in the icon, I think they are just using a more ornate type overall. The pad icon looks more like the backpack icon from the previous DA Astartes upgrade sprue.

I really hope they eventually get around to doing some variant chestplates aside from just the Primaris Lieutenant's one.

Well, confirms we get at least a surge of vanilla space marine units (about time!). The accessory sprue confirms aggressors will be added. Pretty safe to assume all primaris are in.

I'm glad that there are no primaris in the inner circle. Hopefully there never will be. 

I wonder if scout bikes will be ravenwing or a recruiting pool for them. I'm guessing the latter. 

God I hate resting power swords. Sooooo stupid. It's a sword, not a resting post/walking stick, treat it as such.

Also really wish they'd stop having more damn bare heads than special helmets. Also very dumb.

+1 This!!

Why does GW think that’s cool. I have no interest at all in this kit and it still annoys me.

Well, confirms we get at least a surge of vanilla space marine units (about time!). The accessory sprue confirms aggressors will be added. Pretty safe to assume all primaris are in.

I'm glad that there are no primaris in the inner circle. Hopefully there never will be. 

I wonder if scout bikes will be ravenwing or a recruiting pool for them. I'm guessing the latter. 

All of the primaris units were usable for Dark Angels. This was specifically stated on the sheet that was updated with every new release. You can find it here.

I'm not sure these units were missing as such. We have the Nephilim, which is great and to be fair, the Dark Talon was chosen most of the time as a flyer, so it's a difficult spot to contest. 

Hunter/Stalkers were amazing in 7th due to the fact that flyer's hard to hit being a 6+, not a -1 to hit. It's nowhere near as needed in 8th edition. Not too fussed really. 

And Scout Bikers, while very fluffy, I'm already having trouble incorporating regular bikers in lists. They just don't bring that much too the table over Black Knight's most of the time. They're overpriced and outclassed. Hopefully with a point reduction, I can see it happening, but so far, I'm not too fussed. 

I'd loved to have the Storm Raven as a unit. THAT is actually sorely missing. It's an amazing piece of kit with a transport capability that is unriveled, due to the fact it can transport a dreadnaught without losing capacity for regulars. It's not as stupidly priced as a Lucius Pattern drop pod (relatively, of course), can still move afterwards and has a ton of firepower. 

Hopefully the codex will add some more units, but I'm pretty sure this will be it. Here's to hoping that we get some nice rules changes, point reductions, great stratagems and nifty chapter tactic.

Edited by Helycon

There might be another reason for Primaris not being in Deathwing :)... Would they fit in Terminator Plate?

But I like the fact they are being treated as new recruits no special treatment should be given. I am sure there will be a Primaris Company Master in time. And its not like anyone who gets into Deathwing isnt screened by our Librarians :)  

We have nothing to worry about. They are Dark Angels and thats all that matters.

Can imagine primaris librarians being an issue if no primaris are inner circle. Surely that’s a bit of a loophole?

I was wondering the same thing. I thought those were inducted pretty much from the start, or they just disappear. It would mean at least some Primaris made their way to the center.

Reliquaries/accessories are cool, bare heads aren't. Pads are nothing special, but they were never going to be.

The sword design is great, the fact it can only be used in a resting post not so much. Pointing arm would be cool without the hand (though that's easily fixed).

Perhaps they forced the Primaris Librarians to remain off the Rock, or they have a single Company Master "minder" who has been temporarily heavily warded to prevent access to memories and information about the Fallen?

I would think that Librarians would be the first ones vetted, and the most intensely examined, but likely the ones that the Unforgiven can be most assured of loyalty after those that show hints of disloyalty are dealt with.

I question why we're receiving the Stormhawk.  I get why BAs are getting it, but we already have a fighter-interceptor.  What we need is the Stormraven.  Every other chapter gets it (or an equivalent in the case of the SWs).  What, being Unforgiven means no flying transports for us?

I question why we're receiving the Stormhawk.  I get why BAs are getting it, but we already have a fighter-interceptor.  What we need is the Stormraven.  Every other chapter gets it (or an equivalent in the case of the SWs).  What, being Unforgiven means no flying transports for us?

For me personally? It looks cool and for a Successor Chapter it might make more sense to have these than say Dark Talons?