New releases for Dark Angels

Chaplain Raeven

@Cpt. Bannockburn

Not only did I state facts, here's another one: "I like this changed and want scouts to have bikes." is an opinion with which I will disagree with because of my own, but won't call a fact. "DA scouts should have bikes." is a statement and is, in fact, wrong. You can argue that it's an opinion. You can argue that "a kidney is not somewhere you should put your combat knife" is an opinion, but it's a fact.

Going back to BL, saying "it's canon but probably not true" is as good as saying something is not canon, which is the point you seem to have skipped. Also, I do not appreciate your thinly veiled sarcastic insult about how I "confuse rumors with canon", because that's what that comment was.

If something is wrong then it's wrong. You can get frustrated about it just as you can frustrated when throwing a rubber ball in the air and gravity somehow not listening to your arguments. If you have an opinion and like the scouts ? I disagree but it's fine. You want to argue against facts and say DA scouts *should* have bikes ? I will reply to point out that you're wrong.

It's worth bearing in mind that the people who produce the game determine what is fact and the people who consume it only retain an opinion. Point in fact, GW already ruled that DA have green bikes for general use outside of the Ravenwing. This is dead-to-rights fact.

On the subject of bikes, when I first started playing I knew nothing of the lore of the chapter. I just saw we had Black Knights, and it just didn't make sense for ALL bikers to be clad in black armor... if they were, then why would we have Black Knights in the army, named as such! XD So, since I was making my own successor chapter, I painted all my regular bikers green, stating that they indeed were part of the equivalent 2nd company, BUT that they were not fully fledged knights, and had to reach that level of skill and recognition. Basically, apprentices and Black Knights in training.

Funny to see that now we will actually have that concept, legit.

On the subject of bikes, when I first started playing I knew nothing of the lore of the chapter. I just saw we had Black Knights, and it just didn't make sense for ALL bikers to be clad in black armor... if they were, then why would we have Black Knights in the army, named as such! XD So, since I was making my own successor chapter, I painted all my regular bikers green, stating that they indeed were part of the equivalent 2nd company, BUT that they were not fully fledged knights, and had to reach that level of skill and recognition. Basically, apprentices and Black Knights in training.

Black Knights are a holdover from elite Calabanite knights. While it may see odd to have Black knights inn an army of black bikers, it would be like green berets fighting alongside another nation's troops that have green berets. You wouldn't expect the other force to change colors because of the green berets. You just accept they are different entities within the same force.

@Cpt_Reaper i can see the addition of the different types of tda for normal Deathwing but i feel like gw is going to be lazy, and not apply it to Deathwing knights.

I don't think its about being lazy. Deathwing knights are a self contained unit. So are the other terminators marks. They're all unique unit entries. There is no reason to have 2 more units of knights, especially when no models exist for them.

Also, other chapters have assault terminators as it's own unit and can't mix/match. If GW wanted to be lazy, they would go that route for DA and not have custom boxes and an actual command squad.

Edited by twopounder

Black Knights are a holdover from elite Calabanite knights. While it may see odd to have Black knights inn an army of black bikers, it would be like green berets fighting alongside another nation's troops that have green berets. You wouldn't expect the other force to change colors because of the green berets. You just accept they are different entities within the same force.

Like I said, I picked the Dark Angels as my army before I really got to know the lore (which was fortunate cause I love the lore, actually).

Too late to go back now and repaint all my bikes :sweat:

I'll just stick with the fluff I came up for my successor chapter, to explain the difference in color. Helps my opponents figure out who they are fighting anyway.

@Shadowseer

Ah, Black Library, so not canon, that's explains it and shoots it down as an argument.

There's nothing *special* about riding bikes, which part of my point. What's "special" about *them* in this case is that all bikes go to Ravenwing and officers. As there's nothing special about riding them, you don't need to have it incorporated in the basic training and can pick it up later.

In secondo edition codex was stated that riserve companies had bikes and speeders too tra in the candidate too the RW

Is it canon enough now too nave non RW bikes?

@twopounder

@Master Sheol

People in thread asked to stop that discussion so I did, I hope you can respect their wishes as well. If you want to continue then send me a private message or something.

@Cpt_Reaper

Looking at how they handled them up to this point I *really* doubt they will give them options that they don't come with straight out of the boxes.

Edited by SinnerBeta

I curse at GW for giving us more models I now will have to add to my collection! Damn you, you moneymaking #%¤#&! company!

Irony is implied here - It's just that I'm close to 15k, and now they make me get even more... When I was sooo close to being able to start my second army...

When I first saw the scout biker models, when they first came out (5th ed vanilla codex release iirc, correct me if Im wrong) I thouught jeez, Id love some of these in DA green and eagerlly awaited their use when that would come to fruition in the next codex but unfortunately not to be. Now three codexes later I can finally use them. I also am glad we are apparrently getting the storm hawk/talon as as far as Im concerned is verry fluffy, as as far as Im concerned it makes sense for greenwing armies to carry their own air support rather than rellying on RW assetts which would be required in the hunt for the fallen. Edited by tu_shan82

I question why we're receiving the Stormhawk. I get why BAs are getting it, but we already have a fighter-interceptor. What we need is the Stormraven. Every other chapter gets it (or an equivalent in the case of the SWs). What, being Unforgiven means no flying transports for us?

I have a feeling we will get stormraven and more. Blood Angels were only said to be getting these in the white dwarf, yet we now know they are also getting Contemptors, and alternate TDA.

I question why we're receiving the Stormhawk. I get why BAs are getting it, but we already have a fighter-interceptor. What we need is the Stormraven. Every other chapter gets it (or an equivalent in the case of the SWs). What, being Unforgiven means no flying transports for us?

I have a feeling we will get stormraven and more. Blood Angels were only said to be getting these in the white dwarf, yet we now know they are also getting Contemptors, and alternate TDA.
This is my hope as well. Fingers crossed!

That would be nice, a mini transport for the dudes with our RW planes as protection.

Do those Stormraven 3rd party extension bits still exist and are they available? And from where?

It's chapter house studios https://chapterhousestudios.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=85_78&product_id=200

Posted · Hidden by Chaplain Lucifer, November 28, 2017 - Wishlist
Hidden by Chaplain Lucifer, November 28, 2017 - Wishlist

Based on what the BA preview has (gloriously!) given the BA...

...what would ye of The Rock like to see in your book?

For apples-to-apples how about:

1. Chapter Tactic equiv (like Red Thirst)

2. A psyker Power

3. 2 relics

4. 5ish strategems

That would be nice, a mini transport for the dudes with our RW planes as protection.

Do those Stormraven 3rd party extension bits still exist and are they available? And from where?

It's chapter house studios https://chapterhousestudios.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=85_78&product_id=200

Thanks Master A, so not available anymore.

I am really looking forward to the new toys this dex will bring, heaps of potential for growth and modifications. And once we have access it is much harder to remove them.

If that's our real chapter trait, I am going to be soooo disappointed. It's IF-level bad, if not worse.

Space Marine armies are built on bubble buffs, Dark Angels even more so with Azreal and the Dark Shroud. This buff does nothing for us in those bubbles, and also does absolutely nothing if the model moves. That's terrible. And if you want to actually use the trait, that means moving your models away from the other bubble buffs.

Absolutely disappointed if BA get +1 to wound in CC on charge or charged and we get a hamstrung, edge-case trait.

If that's our real chapter trait, I am going to be soooo disappointed. It's IF-level bad, if not worse.

Space Marine armies are built on bubble buffs, Dark Angels even more so with Azreal and the Dark Shroud. This buff does nothing for us in those bubbles, and also does absolutely nothing if the model moves. That's terrible. And if you want to actually use the trait, that means moving your models away from the other bubble buffs.

Absolutely disappointed if BA get +1 to wound in CC on charge or charged and we get a hamstrung, edge-case trait.

I'm willing to bet there's a part two to the rule because it would be a major disappointment if that's all greenwing got.

Edited by ShadowCore67

I'm willing to bet there's a part two to the rule because it would be a major disappointment if that's all greenwing got.

It's only ever lose 1 model to morale, which is even more of an edgecase. 10 man units of SMs don't get taken in 8th, for a myriad of reasons, and 5-6 man squads are immune to morale anyways.