New releases for Dark Angels

Chaplain Raeven

Do the dreads get Grim Resolve? That huge Plasma Cannon on the new dread would be a damn terror!

Anyone smiles and it’s a week in Chamber 42.

The new Lt. just recieved his robes and he already has to spend time in Room 42, you've taken too many lessons from Asmodai

All the other chapter tactics apply to Dreadnoughts, so I don't see why ours wouldn't. A redemptor or two sitting in the back, purging the heretics/xenos with the hot cleansing fury of a star will be a glorious sight.

Posted · Hidden by Chaplain Lucifer, November 29, 2017 - Wishlist
Hidden by Chaplain Lucifer, November 29, 2017 - Wishlist

So, how about stratagems?

Im hoping for a Summon the Desthwing stratagem that allows deep striking near bikes and closer to the enemy, a Vengeful Strike stratagem that counts a unit deepstriking as stationary when they arrive (for use of Grim Resolve), and a Ravenwing Attack Squadron stratagem, similar to datalink telemetry, but for bikes, instead of Whirlwinds.

Bring back the classics, GW!

Hopefully it applies to dreadnoughts, too... venerable dreadnought with TLAC hitting on 2+ and rerolling 1s!

Twin-linked AC's are a thing? I thought only the new Leviathan Character had that load-out.

What's the abbreviation for twin linked auto cannon? I may be using the wrong acronym...

Hopefully it applies to dreadnoughts, too... venerable dreadnought with TLAC hitting on 2+ and rerolling 1s!

Twin-linked AC's are a thing? I thought only the new Leviathan Character had that load-out.

What's the abbreviation for twin linked auto cannon? I may be using the wrong acronym...

Oh, my mistake, I thought you meant Assault Cannons. I blame it on my lack of FW-knowledge. Damn those shared acronyms

gallery_92826_13962_45337.jpg

Posted · Hidden by Chaplain Lucifer, November 29, 2017 - Off topic.
Hidden by Chaplain Lucifer, November 29, 2017 - Off topic.

There's nothing *special* about riding bikes, which part of my point. What's "special" about *them* in this case is that all bikes go to Ravenwing and officers. As there's nothing special about riding them, you don't need to have it incorporated in the basic training and can pick it up later.

For the Ravenwing (and White Scars) there is. What is special is that *further* training among the Ravenwing grants *further* skill. Scouts get basic training in most everything. Interrogator-Chaplains, Chaplains, and Librarians do too, but you might want to take note they don't gain Jink, do they. I guess being Ravenwing isn't just about the simple skill of riding a bike that anyone can learn after all.

Which is my point. Also, not ALL bikes are Ravenwing. The characters listed above aside, for a long time the Dark Angels had access to everything vanilla Chapters had, but their Terminators were slightly more elite (by being effectively fearless) and they also had special Ravenwing Bikes/Attack Bikes/Land Speeders instead of a 2nd Battle Company, and these were in addition to all of the Greenwing Bikes/Attack Bikes/Land Speeders their 7th and 8th Assault Companies had as standard equipment.

Sorry, but no - it doesn't make sense. Even if Ravenwing doesn't have the full knowledge they still encounter signs of the Fallen are vital to hunting them down. Scouts were never allowed even close to that knowledge and were still under the watchful eye of their commanders, listening to filtered legends.

"

Saying that they must be trained in bike warfare as scouts otherwise they won't be good later on is nonsense - should we start putting scouts into Nephilim Jetfighters or Terminator armor, otherwise they won't be good later on without early training ?"

Well, no. That would be stupid, because Scouts cannot train in any of those things. Unlike riding bikes, doing all of the things you mention above requires power armor access/interface capability, and Scouts are not given that *privilege* until they are done being Scouts. Riding bikes, piloting Land Speeders, and learning to use weapons does not require power armor access/interface capability. Also, marines don't learn how to use TDA from the ground up. They learn the functional/technical aspects of TDA through learning to use power armor. The only aspect of TDA armor learned from training is getting accustomed to its bulkiness. But we note that Deathwing training focuses on the martial (+1 attack) and the mental (Unforgiven rule) and not the armor, such that it gives them some sort of "TDA Mastery" special skill.

It is apparent that you just prefer the later interpretations of the Chapter make-up, while I prefer the earlier interpretations. See, you are just a wrong-thinker is all. Nothing wrong with that (depending on which Interrogator-Chaplain you ask). :laugh.::wink:

And here's hoping beyond hope that we get the Stormraven.  Looks like Grim Resolve is back though. Not moving and re-rolling 1's goes well with plasma overcharge and shooting in general. Would have preferred it be half or less movement though, just so that things could move at least a little bit.

Edited by shabbadoo

I have to think that Grim Resolve will have modifiers for RW/DW.

In the Index, DA functionally have 3x Chapter Masters:

-Azrael (effects all)

-Sammael (effects RW)

-Belial (effects DW)

...going off of that, I have to think that they’ve factored in Grim Resolve to that as well. I.e. RW count as stationary for the purposes of Grim Resolve if thy move x” . Same for DW on the turn they arrive from Teleport or something.

And/Or “if a DW/RW unit can re-roll all to hit from another source, Grim Resolve becomes re-roll’s of 1 To Wound instead”....taking the above note into account as well.

How do,

So a bit of a history lesson first. I started collecting warhammer on my tenth birthday, and my very first army was my beloved Dark Angels. Over the years I've returned to them in various guises but always let them go to find new homes with other commanders.

In just over two weeks, I turn 35, the day before the new Dark Angel codex is released, in the coming days/weeks my first son will be born.

It just seems too fitting to start a new Dark Angel army, like a modern Emperor and his little Lion... ;-)

So with that in mind I've started building and painting in between time in the hospital where my girlfriend is at the moment, so I thought I'd share that progress with my fellow Dark Angels.

I've not decided on the company for them just yet, but plugging away at the captain has been good fun.

Whatcha think?

V4mfDD1.jpg

6qLdgx3.jpg

jZL1qPk.jpg

Zputdv9.jpg

Edited by hermanista

Nice work so far, can't wait for your next update...

...you know, after 18 years when you kick the kid out and finally will have some time to paint :wink:

Ain't that the truth.

There will be time to paint still, he'll need indoctrinating into the hobby when he's old enough for starters.

Plus he'll need to sleep at some point before then, lol

You say that now; but they never do. They're like these little, sleepless xenos that just run around your house and find things you never knew were there.

But time can be found in those few quiet moments, and it makes you appreciate it a lot more too.

So the blood angel intercessor box seems to be more than just a re-colouring of the vinalla box. It would appear to include two of the new BA upgrade frames for an extra £2.50. This seems quite a saving. The DA intercessor box also seems to include the he DA upgrade frame from the image in the box cover.

Blood angel box £37.50 including 2 x upgrade frame

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Blood-Angels-Primaris-Intercessors-2017

Vanilla box £35

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Space-Marines-Primaris-Intercessors

It seems to be the same for the hell blasters and aggressor too with an upgrade frame included for £2.50

Edited by JJD

Hellblasters seem pretty good, too. I'm not entirely sure about Aggressors or Intercessors yet. But the savings seem pretty great, I might grab a box or two!

Thanks for the calculation :)

Based on early reviews of the BA Codex, they now have everything Ultramarines have except Thunderfire cannons and Centurions (both flavors). I can still see us not getting access to vanguard, sternguard, and a few other things that simply do not fit the Dark Angels lore. However, it seems centurions and Thunderfire are the "codex Marines" specific units. Edited by Elios Harg