Blood Angels Codex brief review

JamesI

Would the banner work against overheats?  That just kills you rather than dealing wounds, right?

Only if the Overheat rule says it deals a Mortal wound. It won't work against Overheat rules that say the model is slain.

Maybe you guys can weigh in on this, but I cant see a single reason to run a Baal Pred over a Stormhawk Interceptor.  Thoughts?

Kill shot if you run three preds, the ability to hold and capture objectives (lucifer engines help here), and the ability to remain stationary and not suffer -1 to shooting. 

All I can think of really. 

Fair points tho the ability to capture and hold objectives is a really minor one considering that the opponent needs only two models there to prevent you from holding it. ^^

Maybe you guys can weigh in on this, but I cant see a single reason to run a Baal Pred over a Stormhawk Interceptor.  Thoughts?

Kill shot if you run three preds, the ability to hold and capture objectives (lucifer engines help here), and the ability to remain stationary and not suffer -1 to shooting. 

Stormtalon is another option if objectives are a concern as it can drop into hover mode if you wish. Also has a similar loadout. Not quite as tough as the Pred/Stormhawk but better shooting at ground targets thanks to "Strafing Run". Hits on a 2+ if you drop into hover mode and remain stationary.

Tycho the Lost new "dead mans hand" (Melee S:user AP-2 Dd3)

Cpt Tycho also gains dead man's hand [/indent]

Is it me or is Captain Tycho actually a pretty good choice now? He costs only a few points more than a regular SM Captain with combi-melta but gets a 2+ armour save, the improved "Blood Song" and the Dead Man's Hand.

If you are looking for a cheapish Buff-mander to accompany infantry on foot, Tycho looks the business. Run him with a squad of Hellblasters for example and he boosts their firepower nicely while providing some decent CC punch if your opponent tries to assault them.

Stormtalon is another option if objectives are a concern as it can drop into hover mode if you wish. Also has a similar loadout. Not quite as tough as the Pred/Stormhawk but better shooting at ground targets thanks to "Strafing Run". Hits on a 2+ if you drop into hover mode and remain stationary.

unfortunately, hover mode or not, flyers can't hold objectives. I believe the rule is written as models with the flyer battlefield role cant hold objectives. So even it was parked on the marker with its engines off it still cant hold the objective. which sucks.

Edited by Actionmike

Is it me or is Captain Tycho actually a pretty good choice now? He costs only a few points more than a regular SM Captain with combi-melta but gets a 2+ armour save, the improved "Blood Song" and the Dead Man's Hand.

If you are looking for a cheapish Buff-mander to accompany infantry on foot, Tycho looks the business. Run him with a squad of Hellblasters for example and he boosts their firepower nicely while providing some decent CC punch if your opponent tries to assault them.

Somewhere else it got said that the dead mans hand damage is only 1, not d3.

He was good in the Index. Now he's great.

Somewhere else it got said that the dead mans hand damage is only 1, not d3.

It is only D1 but thats still normal power weapon damage.  He's honestly one of the best HQs now for his points.  I'll be using him a lot.  

Tycho 

Tycho 

dead mans hand

If there's one thing I like more than my HQ's chopping people up with swords, it's chopping them up with their bare hands. 

Watch Captain Artemis is going to make a beautiful Tycho stand-in.

Edited by Xenith

Guys!!! i need your help.

what is the cost for a naked techmarine in the BA codex?

I have a game on saturday and i need to know if I could have a third detachment, meaning I need a cheap HQ... and the cost for a naked techmarine lost 13 pts between the index and the codex.

Therefore I need to know if the BA will get them at the same price as the SM.

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure the answer to this, Raychu, but be advised a "naked" Techmarine still has to pay for a servo-harness and, i believe, Power Axe, minimum.

yes I know about the equipment, but cost for the power axe or the servo arm (the harness is a more expensive option) didn't change.

Quick question -

I know the Sanguinary Priesr doesn’t have a jump pack option in the codex, but does the Librarian?

Cheers!

look at the latest Tabletop tactic battle report, the sanguinary priest has a jump pack.

as for the librarian, I guess he'll be able to have it as well as the chapter approved changed his cost.