Primarch's series: best so far?

Charlo

I'm really curious what they'll do with Alpharius' book. Just because there's so much secretiveness there, and it seems really unlikely we'll get a "growing up" story for him to maintain that. But at the same time, a standard "Alpha Legion do what Alpha Legion do" story would feel a bit redundant.

Alpharius / Omegon novel being written from a drilling's perspective would be . . . intriguing.

Three heads

Three runes

We are Alpharius

1460088335924.png

Won't happen, though. :P

We haven't seen them fight xenos. That'd be interesting, a scenario where G'tb who Zh'k'p has always trusted as his number two can't turn out to have been an Alpha Legion operative all along.

Heck, show them learning from Horus and campaigning with the SoH.

So how about we get not an origin novel about Alpharius/Omegon, at least not primarily, but one that deals with Eskrador and Guilliman. It'd blend in early-day Alpharius/Omegon interactions while contrasting them to Omegon, now "Alpharius", reflecting on being alone and the choices he and his twin made to achieve victory over Chaos.

It could also set up some important stuff for present-day 40k since Alpharius/Omegon kept the Primarch Project materials to themselves. Handing it off in some way, whether deliberately as a calculated gambit or by losing it to Guilliman. That could add a lot of credibility to Belisarius Cawl's work, because he'd be working with stuff that at least one Primarch (Corax) filtered through already and his trusted science dudes worked on as well. It has the potential to make things a lot less jarring if handled right.

What I'd consider important in such a scenario is that Omegon's ultimate fate is left open regardless. Leave it ambiguous whether he lives or dies to Guilliman, say enough but not too much about anything. Make plenty of implications, allow for contradictions (since that's the whole thing of the Twins working with but also against one another). Even if Alpharius/Omegon trades the research to Guilliman somehow, that could still be used to seed distrust and potential treachery later on in the ongoing story of Primaris.

So basically, a novel bookended by Eskrador, maybe ending the final Alpharius section with Guilliman and Alpharius meeting eyes across the battlefield and bracing for the duel to come, with an epilogue from Guilliman's view looking back and questioning all events up to that point, moving the scheming nature of the Hydra and its operatives back into focus.

That’s a book I would read! You should write it and stick it into BL for the next open submissions window.

The only issue on it being part of the current Primarchs series would be squeezing that story into a short novella. A good story rushed would butcher it.

Alpha legion and their Primarch could make a some great plays in the current 40k developments.

I actually think the best thing possible for Alpharius/Omegon would be a straightforward, no bull- :cuss, no trickery tale. From their perspectives, how they see the underbelly of the universe and the webs that connect human motivations...and thy are puzzled how their brothers can not see It like they do.

Think about it. Seeing the galaxy as Alpharius and Omegon do.

Makes your skin tingle and all else pale to think of ever having the perspective of anyone but them ever again.

Edited by Indefragable

The Alpharius book should be sold for 100 euros as a super secret/special LE novella...and full of blank pages. Ultimate troll job

Replace every single name in the book with "Alpharius".

Brilliant...and also common adjectives with opposite meanings

I don't think they'll ever give an actual explanation for their early life, especially given that Forge World threw out several conflicting accounts of what happened to them/where they landed, ending each with "this account is a lie". One of my favourites is the implication in the Forge World book is that there were actually 3 Primarchs, although they never mentioned Omegon, but they do state that there are accounts of the Alpha Legion being led by an Alpharius that was the same size as the other Primarchs (which doesn't match what we know of Alpharius/Omegon), hints that there's a reason as to why the Alpha Legion Hydra has three heads.

There were also hints as to why they're called the Alpha Legion, in that one of the potential origin stories is that when the Primarchs were scattered, not all of Primarch XX was taken, and part of it was left behind. Combine this with rumours that the Alpha Legion were actually created before the Dark Angels were, as an actual "alpha" Legion, led by this Primarch remnant, performing false flag ops, etc, which was expanded to full Legion status when the "actual" Primarch/s were found by Horus.

In regards to their novel though, I'd love to see Alpharius when first brought in to lead the Alpha Legion (maybe even include the mystery triplet?). Or, as mentioned above, just something about how the Primarchs see the galaxy. No "T'was I all along!" or anything like that, just a rare glimpse at the actual truth behind their facade.

I don't think they'll ever give an actual explanation for their early life, especially given that Forge World threw out several conflicting accounts of what happened to them/where they landed, ending each with "this account is a lie". One of my favourites is the implication in the Forge World book is that there were actually 3 Primarchs, although they never mentioned Omegon, but they do state that there are accounts of the Alpha Legion being led by an Alpharius that was the same size as the other Primarchs (which doesn't match what we know of Alpharius/Omegon), hints that there's a reason as to why the Alpha Legion Hydra has three heads.

There were also hints as to why they're called the Alpha Legion, in that one of the potential origin stories is that when the Primarchs were scattered, not all of Primarch XX was taken, and part of it was left behind. Combine this with rumours that the Alpha Legion were actually created before the Dark Angels were, as an actual "alpha" Legion, led by this Primarch remnant, performing false flag ops, etc, which was expanded to full Legion status when the "actual" Primarch/s were found by Horus.

In regards to their novel though, I'd love to see Alpharius when first brought in to lead the Alpha Legion (maybe even include the mystery triplet?). Or, as mentioned above, just something about how the Primarchs see the galaxy. No "T'was I all along!" or anything like that, just a rare glimpse at the actual truth behind their facade.

Any copy of the Alpharius Primarch novel could have any one of three stories inside. You don’t know which one you get. But which one is real?

All of them.

#alpha-gonna-alpha

#never-gets-old

Maybe it should be a Choose Your Own Compliance.

A demi-god surrounded by giants in power armor approaches your back-water village. If you:

-grab whatever weapons you can and fight till the end, no matter despite the hopeless foregone conclusion, turn to page 10

-run away in terror, turn to page 8.

-challenge them to a drinking game, turn to page 6.

-bow diplomatically. After all, they must understand reason. Turn to page 13

-flash your most charming smile, while keeping your hand firmly on a dagger hidden beneath your cloak, turn to page 16

-notice what appear to be mechanical dreadlocks running over their skulls and a twitch in their eyes, return to the start of this story and try again.

I would like the Alpharius book to be split in two. Omegon and Alpharius are worthy to get one. And it would have more room to develop something like DarkChaplain suggested - and could show us their differences and similarities. Alpharius leading from a position of command, while Omegon leads between the rank and file, both of their plans meeging into one and the same goal.

Almost finished with Russ.

Really good so far. A definite drop in the middle however when the wolves are just talking among themselves about random stuff.

However as soon as the Assault on the Tyrants palace starts it kicks into overdrive.

I inadvertently finished the book while asleep last night (lol) so will have to catch the last chapter again however.