Soul Drinkers [WIP]

TheHyperion

Hello!

I am fairly new to this part of the forums, but have been lurking on the B&C for years. I have yet to actually assemble an army that can properly play a game, as usually something else catches my eye and wander. Now I want to be able to just play- I like the lore of the Sons of Dorn, and the color scheme of Soul Drinks so I have decided to throw my hat into the lot. With the new Dark Imperium, and enough lore reason, I have decided that the Soul Drinkers are going to be getting their Primaris Upgrades, and searching for lost relics of their chapter.

That being said! I just finished my first Primaris, there are a few blunders, but I was trying new brushes and getting back into the swing of things.

image.jpg

Looking good so far! I love the Soul Drinkers, I think they are a fascinating chapter. Have you read the books? 

Probably look rather dumb for saying this- but I have not. I basically chose them off color scheme and reading about/spoiling the novels for myself by use of wiki. I o hope I eventually get the chance to read them though as they seem pretty neat.

Definitely worth reading, some good stuff in there for sure. The next question is are you going to model mutations for the veteran brothers who were there during that time? or what part of the timeline are you having this take place in?

Definitely worth reading, some good stuff in there for sure. The next question is are you going to model mutations for the veteran brothers who were there during that time? or what part of the timeline are you having this take place in?

Plan was to have this be mostly a Primaris rebirthed chapter- I haven't decided how I am going to have other brothers come back. I would probably refrain from wild mutations- but some things I have been considering including are terminators and/or a contemptor dreadnought. Some other ideas however have been to also paint up some Executioners as an allied Black Templars detachment, or have some sort of Blood Angels/Dark Angels successor (Flesh Tearers or Consecrators) along with it. Haven't decided quite yet. I don't plan on including Sarpedon or Daenyathos, but I am considering having a 'Soulspear' stand in for a power or force weapon.

Another update! I have finished my vow for IFEV, which I will show below! I am probably about to order a redemptor primaris dreadnought, even though I still have most of the box of models to point. And here we descend further into the hole. . . anyways- I hope to have more of an official list of what will be in my army pointswise soon. Any suggests on configurations for the dread?

image.jpgimage.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Posting here to hold me accountable. I haven't made all too much progress. College has picked back up, and painting in the dorm with less than optimal lighting is difficult. I have been managing to just throw some color on the models everyday. I have brought all the models from the Space Marine side of Dark Imperium save for the Inceptors which I think look goofy, and the Ancient, which I left at home for fear of breaking it while I am still painting. I figure if I finish a squad a week, I will be done in a reasonable amount of time.

I also have come to the realization that Primaris cannot go into a Land Raider which totally blows. Regardless if anyone has any tips on what to take in the army aft this feel free! I have also acquired a Primaris Apothecary which sits on the sprue in my hobby box to assemble later. Also- is there any more painting challenges coming up? I find it easier to paint if I have a due date in mind.

• 5 years later...

It has been a long time since I have posted here!

In the process of working on other hobby activities (like my chaos faction) and trying to get back into painting I managed to paint up some Soul Drinkers. At the moment I plan on it being a loaner army of sorts to maybe get some of my friends into the hobby or playing. I have quite a ways to go before I reach that though. Painted up this Intercessor squad I have had for ages from the Dark Imperium box though and it felt good to make some progress and put brush to plastic. I plan on doing a martian sort of base when I have the full basic force together. If anyone has any ideas on what would make a fluffy sort of list for boarding action using primaris models (love firstborns but prefer the scaling better of the new models) feel free to chime in! Right now I was planning on having 2 squads of 5 Intercessors and a Squad of Hellblasters leaving me with a fair amount of points. I do have that lieutenant and gravis captain still painted so not sure if one of those would be a good fit in the list as well.

2E2BF98F-D20E-4CCC-B501-F0B67F7AE659.jpg

Been working on my Soul Drinkers more. What was a bit of a side project for the Black Legion I was working on turned into a bit of the main show until I wrap them up and return back to them. Finished a squad of Hellblasters this week which means I have almost finished the Space Marines side of Dark Imperium (only a Lieutenant, 5 Intercessors, and a Ancient left.) Overall, not the most impressive models but I have been picking up new small techniques and am trying to paint faster than a snail's pace. I also realize now posting this the camera exposes more mistakes than I saw so I will probably go back and patch those up.

Looking at having a boarding action team of 2 groups of 5 intercessors, 5 hellblasters, a lieutenant, and 3 bladeguard veterans. Not sure how viable that list is or if anyone has any suggestions for a more fluffy list for Soul Drinkers but that seemed like a good mix.

I figure I am running them as Imperial Fist Successors (hence why it is in this forum) even though their true identity isn't exactly known. I may dabble with some Black Templar rules in the future as the wiki says that their origins might have been from some of the early templars as well. Might expand this project into more of a Last Wall army after I finish Dark Imperium though.

souldrinkers.png

Edited by TheBloodSpitter

• 4 weeks later...

Small update, finished these minis a few weeks ago. Still need to base them but don't have the supplies yet to do the martian bases I would like to do. Still have a standard-bearer, 3 inceptors, and an apothecary to paint before I have to decide what to do next. Overall, plenty of mistakes made but a lot learned in this painting period. Definitely proud I have finally finished a fair amount of miniatures and can almost do something with them.

05F93BB0-DABE-4CF1-8A28-996675BA8D82.jpg