[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Very nice, Dos.!

In every way !

Mol, if you are making Sabaan's rolls - could you please add rolls on Tech Use and Awareness? Sabaan will likely examine their Armour and might deduce that Swordhand is out of the depth and some Astartes sport recent bionics?

Xin:

Sabaan has INT51

Crimson Fists: 51(+30): 51 (PASS)

Invaders: 51: 44 (PASS)

Red Talons: Automatic Success

Obsidian Glaives: 51: 29 (PASS)

Gatebreakers: 51(-20): 40 (FAIL)

EDIT:

An easy (+30) Perception test results in a 52 (PASS), allowing you to notice the signs of combat on their armour and that some within the squad sport new bionic augmentation.

Edited by Commissar Molotov

Dumping my rolls here as I won't have dice results at work tomorrow:

Int 41:

Invaders:  41+ 0 = 001  Got your number, Pass, 4 DoS

Crimson Fists: 41 + 30 =  94 (LOLWUTWHO?)

Red Talons: 41 + 0 = 15, Pass, 2 DoS

Gatebreakers: 41 - 20 = 81 (LOLWHOIS?)

Obsidian Glaives: 41 + 0 = 79 (BRO?)

Akkad obviously has his helmet on backwards or something.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Added a placeholder. Mol, should I apply the same -20 modifier to my rolls as everyone's getting to recognise the Gatebreaker? Happy for isolation to work both ways :smile.:

...and as a general question to everyone, would it be helpful for me to provide some OOC info for the Gatebreakers, or do you prefer that stuff to come up in-game?

Edited by Apologist

It truly depends on how isolated you think the Gatebreakers are - from some of what you've told me it would seem fitting that they would have a curiosity about other Chapters.

Okey-dokey. The Gatebreakers aren't isolationist so much as isolated – they just don't see other Chapters much (if at all); but as you suggest, their delegates are certainly very curious, and Yeng has been studying hard since being seconded.

If it's okay, let's split the difference: I'll add a -10 to the tests. 

And there I was, after seeing notifications for new posts in the story thread, all excited to read some posts during lunchbreak... it was all lies. :cry:

Drama aside, looking forward to seeing some more posts by Swordhand members! :tu:

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka

You're doing well to be getting notifications - I haven't had any for months!

With regards to Chapters you may not immediately recognise, I do think it's possible that once a brother identifies the Chapter they hail from, you may well find it easier to recognise them.

Okay, post up – and it looks like Yeng doesn't need any help not to recognise people! :biggrin.:

OOC Raptors – 87 (54 - 10) = Fail
Astral Claws – 81 (54 + 10 - 10) = Fail
Storm Sons – 92 (54 - 10) = Fail
Iron Hands – 62 (54 + 40 - 10) = Great success
Crimson Knights – 39 (54 - 10) = Success
Dragons of Caliban – 40 (54 - 10) = Success
Eradicators – 66 (54 - 10) = Fail 

I've used the character thread to get ideas for appearances etc.; so feel free to let me know of any changes you'd like. In particular, Slips, I've made the (perhaps wrong?) assumption Solastion is a fairly typical handsome scion of the Angel?

As to the slight awkwardness at the end, I did a Fellowship check (-5 for Mark III armour); and failed by one (54 against a Fel of 46). 

+++

Swordhand's Stormraven needs a name, and I'm happy to accept suggestions.
How about Spearcast ?

For the monitors:
Inestimable, Al'Barbar, Of-The-Throne; Cremator, Strongwing and Vanity's End.
Edited by Apologist

Updated! Always a bad idea to follow on from Apologist :biggrin.: he has a much better way with words than I do. Spearcast sounds fine for the transport :smile.:

I haven't decided if Vorr is saluting Sabaan out of respect or jest - Red Talons are a bit nutty. 

Edited by Reyner

As long as it's not Stormcast, or Heavens help us Finecast, I think it's pretty sweet! :smile.:

Brings a new meaning to 'Holy transport'! :biggrin.:

Good job we issued "Repair Cement" :p  Wait - do we need to describe the repair cement as greeny-stuff in the IC now...? :o

MR.