[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

This is something we discussed during our first few days of brainstorming last year: Watch-Station Azurea has not yet received news of the Badab War.

Noctus, as Dos said our watch station hasn't heard the news yet... the warp is a funny thing. :wink:

Ah cool – that's a nice way to integrate the Astral Claws, while leaving the door open for future revelations.

For now, but there maybe some group dynamic shifting that happens once things come to light... especially since the Dragons have a serious hate for traitors to the Emperor....

So do the Red Talons, they have wiped out quite a few Chapters in their time :happy.:  I really hope they get a bit of fluff in the Vigilus books (even though they weren't on the cover art like the Brazen Claws but there's naff all about them other than their Heresy lunatic versions!)

Ooft turns out at least 11 Chapters:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Red_Talons 

Edited by Reyner

For those that passed on knowing something about the Dragons of Caliban:

Keeping to the the halo stars that border between segmentiums Obscurus and Pacificus, they do not interact much with the Imperium of Man, preferring to push the borders of Imperial space as much as possible, rather than being in the center of the Imperial events. The chapter claims to be of the second founding, but there is contridictory evidence of them. Records indicate a chapter referred to as the 9th Armoured Assault Chapter of the First Legion, how ever records become spotty after the events of the Heresy, with the chapter vanishing from Imperial records between late M33 and M36, turning up again as the Dragons of Caliban during M36 only to fall off from most Imperial records between late M36 and M41, with their only mention being found in some unrestricted records for the Elysian Drop Troops detachments, referring to Astartes that match their colour pattern smashing through fortresses in collections of armoured spearheads compirsed largely of rare or forgotten armoured vehicle patterns. Anything beyond that is left requiring higher level access.

Once everything is settled outside, Tyber is going to want to take a good look at the Stormchicken Stormraven, he's seen data on them, but not been close enough to see one. :happy.:

Edited by Steel Company

Those are some nice entries all ready. I feel this going to be the beginning of a beautiful friendship!

It's my wife's birthday today - so for once a really pleasant reason to lag behind. But I'll catch up on you shortly :

You're doing well to be getting notifications - I haven't had any for months!

I'm on about on-site notifications, not e-mail notifications (which have been broken for a while now). Which ones were you referring to?

I did mean the email ones, though thankfully the players are invested enough that even though we are nestled in a sub-forum inside a sub-forum we are still maintaining a positive posting rate.

Nothing for me to do at the moment, thoufh I am enjoying the posts. Don't feel they have to be as long and intricate - I prefer forward momentum! I think once Noctus has posted (and possibly a reply from Slips explaining the situation) we will be able to have all the marines talking freely, which I imagine will take most of this week.

SC: Stormbirds are massive craft in comparison to Stormravens.

Hilariously so.

A Stormraven has capacity 12; the longer Stormeagle, 20; a thunderhawk, 30; sokar 50 and on and on and on.

I know, it's why the Raven is such a curiosity to Tyber, it's so small, but very awkward looking. But when you look at Stormeagles and Stormbirds, they actually look aerodynamic in comparison, even if they fly like a brick. He knows, on paper so to speak, that the Raven is very agile in flight, but it doesn't look to be very agile when sitting on the ground. :happy.:

I know, it's why the Raven is such a curiosity to Tyber, it's so small, but very awkward looking. But when you look at Stormeagles and Stormbirds, they actually look aerodynamic in comparison, even if they fly like a brick. He knows, on paper so to speak, that the Raven is very agile in flight, but it doesn't look to be very agile when sitting on the ground. :happy.:

Ah! So Tyber is a 30k Aficionado, I get it :p

It looks so ungainly, unlike our smaller Sokar pattern Stormbrids, let alone the Warhawks…

I read that as Tyber thinking Stormbirds are smaller. No probs though if that isn't the case. :smile.:

Ungainly has nothing to do with size, it has to do with agility. As ungainly is another way of saying awkward or clumsy. :yes:

But I'll edit that to make it clear that it has nothing to do with size. :happy.:

Edit:

Adjustment made, should be much more clear now.

Edited by Steel Company

I apologize for making you gentlemen wait on me. 

I had some... unexpected family complications and the last few days became a bit hectic. I will also admit I keep pressuring myself into thinking that I need to write way more than what might be necessary, so I continually psyche myself out when I think my writing isn't good enough or not long enough.

I will endeavor to correct this in the future.