[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

I would be willing to offer you a needle precipitator and then feel free to research Dark Heresy for different toxins?

I think the microblast compound from Rites of Battle p60 is the only needle type that would work on tyranids? Would 10 requisition be enough?

(edit - that would be alongside the hellfire flamer and second chainsword, for 40 req total)

Edited by A.T.

Since Sabaan picked up the Armourer Trade, it seems fitting that the Techmarines bond while reforming Vaidan's armour!

And while Imstill gave to fill in that placeholder, I guess then it's going to be expanding the connections Sabaan made with the Mechanicus in the 14 days downtime ....

And I like the gyro stabilized Boltgun ..... some special,ammo might be neat. They Broodlord was not that impressed by the basic shells :(

For the 40 requisition:

2x Kraken Clips for Bolt Pistol (15)

1 X  Kraken Belt for Heavy Botler (20) -- this is for Akkad, but Tyber is picking up as both a joke and precaution in regards to his tendency to jam. :laugh.:

I'm not sure if you missed it CM, as you got MR's requisition that he chose after mine, but I've quoted it here for you. :yes:

Updated to incorporate.

AT: I am very dubious about Atratus having a Bolt Pistol, 2 Chainswords, a Sniper Rifle and a Hellfire Flamer!

Xin: I have incorporated the Recoil Baffling and the Hellfire Rounds, giving you 35/40.

Requisition Post:

Kill-Team Swordhand

Codicier Montesa:

- Hellfire Rounds Magazine (Bolter) - 25

- Dipole Maglock (Force Sword) - 5

- Astartes Hand Flamer - 10

40/40

Brother Ghent:

- Free Hellfire Rounds (Bolter) - 0

- Hellfire Rounds (Bolter) - 25

- Metal Storm Rounds (Bolter) - 10

- Astartes Chainsword - 5

40/40

Brother Vorr:

- Concussion Missile (20)

- Hellfire Ammunition Magazine (Bolt Pistol) - 13

33/40

Apothecary Yeng:

- Astartes Chainsword [5]

- Melta bomb [12]

- Bulkhead shears [17]

34/40

Techmarine Teralil:

-

-

-

0/40

++++

Kill-Team Blackthorn:

Sanguinary Priest Solastion:

- Diagnostor Helmet (15)

- Astartes Assault Shotgun (7)

- Slug Rounds x2 (8)

- Leaper Mines x2 (10)

40/40

Brother Greysight:

- Free Magazine of Hellfire Ammunition

-

-

0/40

Brother Akkad:

- Hellfire Rounds (Heavy Bolter Backpack Ammo Supply) +40

40/40

Techmarine Sabaan:

- Recoil Baffling (Bolter) (10)

- Hellfire Rounds Magazine (25)

35/40

Brother Tyber:

- 2x Kraken Clips for Bolt Pistol (15)

-1 X Kraken Belt for Heavy Bolter (20) (For Akkad)

40/40

Brother Atratus:

-

-

-

0/40

Brother Varvost:

2x Hellfire Rounds Magazine (Bolt Pistol) - 25

25/40

327/480

Edited by Commissar Molotov

AT: I am very dubious about Atratus having a Bolt Pistol, 2 Chainswords, a Sniper Rifle and a Hellfire Flamer!

The renown 1 wargear options for an assault marine are unfortunately limited. There is the camo cloak but i'm not sure that'd work with the jump pack.

Without the flamer-

Chainsword -5 req

Ammo -? req

Edited by A.T.

Solastions 40 Requisition:

-Keeping his Diagnostor Helmet: 15

-Astartes Assault Shotgun: 7

-Slug Rounds x2: 4x2=8 (Assault shotgun has clip 20 so Im assume 40 slug rounds req'd)

-Leaper Mines x2: 5x2=10 (I assume its 3 mines per requisition)

Total: 40

Mazer: If you mean within the districts, inside the walls? Possibly; I don't feel it's something I would need to detail specifically for you, but it's something that you could do feasibly and discuss with the defenders of the city. It would then be something I take into account when determining the outcome of battles (more on that later.)

Everyone else - I am enjoying reading your posts and looking forward to more! I anticipate being able to update on Sunday, so if we can get more in before then that'd be great.

CM, I'm going to edit my last post to expand on it, having had a little while to think on it... Dos, I might put some words into Ghent's mouth how ever...

Edit:

Expansion made to it:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/344357-blackthornswordhand-the-ties-that-bind/?p=5271184

Edited by Steel Company

I have to say, Steel, that I thought the first version of the post was far more elegant and superior. I don't think Ghent's lines add to your post, and if it is something about the Dragons you want to come out, you would be better served doing it in a dofferent place, later.

Oh forgot to mention, since i also took the Signature Wargear: Jump Pack, Solastion will be permanently requisitioning one of Swordhands Jump Packs. Ok, thanks, bye~~~!!!!

Unfortunately, I think so. What with the sharpshooter rifle explicitly mentioning that it's 2 metres in length, I can't see a Marine carrying two two-handed weapons alongside his bolt pistol and chainsword. I can appreciate your frustration with the requisition, though. It seems to me one obvious option is to take Hellfire Rounds in your Bolt Pistol.

As a thematic suggestion, how about this?

You take the needle precipitator and look at the shotgun special ammo types on p.140 of Rites of Battle. Some of these could represent unusual and volatile crystalline compounds that explode or ignite. I would allow these to remove the Toxic trait from the rifle whilst firing these rounds?

You take the needle precipitator and look at the shotgun special ammo types on p.140 of Rites of Battle. Some of these could represent unusual and volatile crystalline compounds that explode or ignite. I would allow these to remove the Toxic trait from the rifle whilst firing these rounds?

Sounds good, I was just working through my options before hitting the ammo and grenades.

Atratus Req 40:

Chainsword (5)

7 clips of slug rounds (28)

Hopper mine (5)

Fire selector (2)

Can drop a clip or two if others need to requisition something big

Going to add to the woes here:

If it's possible, going to change my Req from a Hellfire backpack to a Kraken one plus other bits and bobs...

Kraken Rounds = 15 + 15 (Backpack) = 30 Req

Astartes Chainsword (exchanged for Combat Knife) = 5 Req

Total = 35 Req and 5 left over for the pool.

Gear fit is now:

Heavy Bolter

Bolt Pistol

Chainsword

Flamer

Am open to thoughts?

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

I'm fairly sure a standard "mag" for a HB is 60 rounds, or that's what I was going on...but considering they are each 1.00 cal, that's a hefty belt!

Having had a thunk, compared to Storm, Kraken really has no detriment.  Request updated.

Thanks Steel.

MR.