[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

I know the feeling Slips, yesterday (Saturday) saw my boy's 6th birthday party, today I've got a nephew's birthday party.... next weekend I've got to take my boy to his best friend's party, then I've got to attend the party of the daughter of my wife's best friend... march sucks for free time...

Edit:

MR, I just checked my hard copy of the core book, you were right, 60 rounds belts for the HB.

Edited by Steel Company

So if noone else needs the 7 Requisition Vorr has left over I'll take an Assault Shotgun. For close encounters. 

edit: Post added! If the assault shotgun is too much I can edit it out or whatever :) 

Edited by Reyner

So...

We have posts (or placeholder posts) up for each of the story threads - Solastion and Yeng, Montesa, Sabaan and Teralil, Tyber and Ghent, Vârvost and Vorr. I would ask that you work together either here or in PMs to get these posts completed. Feel free to coordinate to put up more conversation-based posts or the like. Thank you also to A.T. for your post, which I think has started to add some characterful depth to Atratus (who is sometimes - perhaps fittingly - a bit of an enigma!)

In the meantime, I will push forward with the narrative (likely tomorrow.)

My ideal plans would be:

- Solastion and Montesa coming to an agreement regarding the command structure here - will Swordhand acquiesce to working under the Sanguinary Priest's command? Are the Brothers of Swordhand happy with that? Do the Brothers of Swordhand have any concerns for their Librarian?

- Solastion holding some sort of ceremony to unify the teams. This does not have to be the true oath-taking that is mechanically in the Deathwatch rulebook, as I want to change that.

- The brothers being assigned tasks in the defense of Syndalla. This echoes what I said before - unifying the defenders (Locke, Wrex, Desiato, etc.) and checking things are to your satisfaction before the attacks start.

I can then start the next Day of the defense.

General Wrex has summoned Akkad (or "requested the honour of his presence") to the Levy Fields. Narratively, I am keen for certain characters to follow their arcs:

- It seems to me that Akkad does need to be brought to heel, and perhaps for him to see that he is operating in a way that is not too dissimilar from Huron himself (this will be important later when he discovers the fall of the Astral Claws and is forced to confront some of those same flaws in himself.) With the 303rd he is establishing his own personal fiefdom and he is distancing himself from his brothers. The strong are strongest alone, after all...

- It also seems to me that Montesa has to master himself, becoming familiar with an unfamiliar body. Noctus's absences, whilst not deliberate, have helped cultivate that absent-mindedness that works well for his character, I think, and goes well with the self-deprecating nature of Imperial Fists successors.

Obviously there are longer-term ones, such as Tyber maturing away from his rashness and arrogance, or Greysight and Atratus's friendship. I'm keen for us to develop this further and to see what rattles loose as we build on this defence!

EDIT:

Mazer:

I would be willing to work with what you suggested earlier, and have you speak to Sabaan and Teralil to merge your Heavy Bolter and Flamer to make an Infernus Heavy Bolter. I don't think that you will have created the first one - rather, you know that they exist. For Sabaan, merging the two weapons (and their disparate machine spirits) would be something more akin to heart surgery, something delicate and risky. Obviously I'm happy for it to succeed, as it would bring us closer to some of the more modern Deathwatch concepts.
Edited by Commissar Molotov

"We are not Swordhand, or Blackthorn. We must stand united against the oncoming swarm, for the people of Syndalla, for the Deathwatch, and for our fallen Brothers."

WE'RE ARE SWORDTHORN, OR BLACKHAND. YOU DECIDE! 

*Plays Captain Planet theme tune*

"We are not Swordhand, or Blackthorn. We must stand united against the oncoming swarm, for the people of Syndalla, for the Deathwatch, and for our fallen Brothers."

Blacksword.

Like the Oathblade, like the harness that shields us, like the night which bears us, like the duty of the Astartes and the Inquisition, many edges, one point, the colour of the flag that bears no quarter - one annealed metal blade against the Enemy Without, Within, Beyond.

Unbreakable, unyielding, adamantine in strength, the cutting power of 9 loyal sons distilled into the heirs of greatness.  Slaying in the shadows, striking from the night, fighting for the dawn, staying not the hand.

War and blood and death, murder in the Emperor's name, the end of worlds and the saviours of an eternity of the Human realm, bestriding the stars, clothed in victory and hatred.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Placeholder updated. Slips, Mol, and Noctus you okay with this scene? I wanted Yeng to have a bit of 'alone time' off-screen, and found a way that I hope ties things back and pushes the narrative forward a bit by suggesting a meeting between Montesa and Solastion.

Slips, the actions are not meant to be too antagonistic; but rather 'plain talk' – Yeng didn't want to express his doubts in public, but the privacy of a shared apothecarion offers a chance he wanted to take. I've tried to leave things open to your interpretation. 

Edited by Apologist

I'm happy with it. Slips, you could edit your post #1250 to include any response to Yeng's question about the responsibilities of Command.

sure.

Blacksword.

Like the Oathblade, like the harness that shields us, like the night which bears us, like the duty of the Astartes and the Inquisition, many edges, one point, the colour of the flag that bears no quarter - one annealed metal blade against the Enemy Without, Within, Beyond.

Unbreakable, unyielding, adamantine in strength, the cutting power of 9 loyal sons distilled into the heirs of greatness.  Slaying in the shadows, striking from the night, fighting for the dawn, staying not the hand.

War and blood and death, murder in the Emperor's name, the end of worlds and the saviours of an eternity of the Human realm, bestriding the stars, clothed in victory and hatred.

MR.

Yes. That is totally what goes hand in hand with the Captain Planet Theme :p

Though you'd think Akkad's theme for this episode would be "One is the loneliest number".....

Yes. That is totally what goes hand in hand with the Captain Planet Theme :tongue.:

Though you'd think Akkad's theme for this episode would be "One is the loneliest number".....

LIES!

The Strong are Strongest...Alone.

@ Morovir.  Thornhand is cool as well ;)

MR.

Thank you to those of you who have put placeholders up.

As I turn to the next day of this game, I'd like to know where people are going to be sent.

At the moment, I know:

- Akkad has been summoned to the Syndallan Levy PDF fields by General Wrex, and seems willing to do so.

- Teralil and Sabaan have both expressed a desire to interact with the Metallican District and the Mechanicus envoys.

That leaves nine Marines. Who is important? Who do you wish to visit on this, your first full day of trying to influence the defense (and the defenders)?