[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Reposted from the previous page:

Thank you to those of you who have put placeholders up.

As I turn to the next day of this game, I'd like to know where people are going to be sent.

At the moment, I know:

- Akkad has been summoned to the Syndallan Levy PDF fields by General Wrex, and seems willing to do so.

- Teralil and Sabaan have both expressed a desire to interact with the Metallican District and the Mechanicus envoys.

That leaves nine Marines. Who is important? Who do you wish to visit on this, your first full day of trying to influence the defense (and the defenders)?

To try to ease things along, my suggestions would be:

Beregar Templum - Solastion (with Varvost?)

Mechanicus - Sabaan and Teralil

General Wrex - Akkad

Captain Locke - Yeng

Captain Desiato - Montesa (and/or Yeng / Ghent? Greysight?)

Marshal Thrace (Enforcers) / Refugee Camps - Tyber / Atratus?

With some knowledge of fleet operations, Yeng going to see Locke makes most sense to me. Slips, Mazer, might also be a good opportunity for Solastion to get Akkad (also with knowledge of commanding naval vessels) into orbit? Whether Akkad accedes to the order is another matter; but might be a fun way to explore Solastion's authority?

Placeholder post filled on Page 51. 

I'm not necessarily certain if this is correct or not, but I though it was appropriate to attempt a charm test on the other members of Blackthorn and Swordhand, to try and unite everyone together with sort of an added inspirational speech. I can remove it if needed.

Mazer, please can you remove your post for the time being. I've allowed you a lot of latitude but I do have a plot here!

Apologies, I misunderstood, based on previous posts, thought moving Akkad to meet Wrex was what you were hinting at, although it was more about trying to reinforce the idea of personal fiefdom through the 303rd bowing to him etc. 

I do appreciate the room to flex the Badabian muscles a bit.  Post updated as per your directions GM. :thumbsup:

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Mazer - thanks for the understanding. Updates will be coming your way soon. I'd saved your post before you removed it and might use parts of it in mine.

Slips - please don't change the squad name(s)! Apart from that, it's fine.

Noctus - good second post. It really helps us to suggest an almost positive and optimistic air, and helps to blend the two squads together into one force.

I'm hopeful that today I can start to fill out my most recent post.

I don't intend for the squad to take an oath (insofar as game mechanics.)

I don't think that the oaths (and squad patterns) should be limited by the leader.

My current plan, to fit closer to more modern Deathwatch fluff, is to work on the idea of "Mission Tactics." - A set Tactic would work like an Oath.

For example, you might take an assault tactic, which would make attack patterns cheaper and defensive patterns more expensive. (My plan is to tie this in with the combat tactics skills.)

The commander can then take a test to change tactics, which represents the flexibility GW seems keen to emphasise.

At a bare minimum (given that we don't run "sessions") I plan to double the cohesion the squads have to try to allow you to do cooler things more often.

It's all WIP but we have a little while before the next big fight anyway. If those of you interested in the mechanics (the rolls rather than the roles) want to chime in, feel free.

I'm part-way through filling in the placeholder post.

I've completed the Navy (Yeng/Greysight), Rogue Trader (Montesa / Ghent) and PDF (Akkad). In the process of trying to get the rest completed in the next four hours or so.

Reyner - heard that, but I will hold off on Vorr arriving just yet for narrative reasons!

Finneeee I wont; I was thinking of it more as a "We're squad XYZ" but we still split up into BT or SH when dealing internally; its mainly a "Lets give the mortals a common name to call us so that they dont think we're two separate groups" or whatever.