[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Thanks MR, but if Tyber does that, he loses the two times agility for initiative... besides, Tyber doesn't really do squad modes, he was trained in a company of someone that was grooming him towards being the next chapter Champion. :wink:

I know mate, you're an eight feet tall, Autocannon hoarding, bad attitude bearing, tin-opener wielding, battle-hardened, spinning, chopping, whirling dervish in yer-face blending machine.

Trust me, I know.  ;)  and I love reading it, so do some damn blending already!

MR.

Huh. One of the Aberrants is close by. Do Montesa and Mariana want to carve up that meat-sack while I deal with Cultist group #1, Noctus?

We'll have to be mindful of group #3 though as they're not far behind.

Just popping this onto the new page for Noctus. :)

Huh. One of the Aberrants is close by. Do Montesa and Mariana want to carve up that meat-sack while I deal with Cultist group #1, Noctus?

We'll have to be mindful of group #3 though as they're not far behind.

Just popping this onto the new page for Noctus. :smile.:

The answer to this question, brother, is a whole-hearted yes. :happy.:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/344357-blackthornswordhand-the-death-of-the-cult/?p=5307885

So many spoiler tags!!! :blink.:

Hope it all is formatted well and cleanly... on top of making sense.

Nine, he's closer to nine feet. :wink:

Nine feet?  The hell you say.  That new armour of yours make you look shorter.  You're more like eight feet without your hair.*

MR.

*Soon to be Akkad's reply to you.

He's still a giant of an Astartes, even with out the hair.:wink: 

No problem CM, just a bunch of book keeping for me to give you some options to work with... I really don't mind the extra work load to crunch numbers! Though a little shocked it had a 30m charge! Tyber's got that, thanks to his jump pack letting him get double movement.... either way I like the way it works thematically. :yes: Round three should be interesting, Tyber will have his reaction back the next time it can attack.... I really need to get counter attack A.S.A.P. :rolleyes:

No problem CM, the big thing about force weapons is that they can add the Psi rating of the user to their penetration and damage (as per page 155 core book, middle paragraph under the heading Force Weapons), this can get a little nutty when combined with a few things... Another fun little effect of them lets the user as a free action channel their psychic power into the target through an opposed will power test, for each DoS of the user, the target takes 1d10 damage ignoring armour / toughness. (page 155 core book, last paragraph under Force Weapons)

Psy powers is where things get a little strange....

Fettered powers can only be used at half Psy rating, but no chance of Psychic phenomenons.

Unfettered powers  are at full strength, but during the test, if you roll doubles on the Psy test you then roll on table 6-1, Psychic phenomenons, regardless if the power works or not.

Push, powers done at +3 Psy rating, must roll on table 6-1 if rolling doubles on your Psy test, take a level fatigue.

Does that help CM?

Thanks Steel, I have corrected. I am partially waiting for Noctus because the Librarian, force weapons and psychic powers is still something I am very unfamiliar with.

Apologies, I was waiting for my turn and lost track of keeping up with the combat. I'll be putting up my post now.

Edit: I put my post up. I know you said you were unfamiliar with the force weapon rules so I tried to explain them as best I could in my post and I hope it explains everything pretty well. If I screwed anything up, please let me know.

As per the FAQ, I do technically confer righteous fury on any natural 10 in the damage, which would result in another opposed willpower check and any additionaly damage that comes from that, but I wanted to check with you as to whether we were following that FAQ or not for the subject. As my DM, I will defer to you.

Edited by Noctus Cornix

Would it be possible for Teralil to shoot past Yeng into the last cultist from Horde 2?

He should be past you with that half move Morovir, even so, you could write it so you time your shots past him?  Just a thought?

@ Nine, well he does like keeping busy...!

@ Noctus, Nice, nice, nice.

MR.

@ Nine, gotta keep busy... some days are slow for me. :)

CM:

Tyber will use dodge +20 to avoid the strongest hit (68 should be the target number, on mobile, will confirm later).

Tyber will also spend fate points as needed to recover from stun so that he may act on his turn and to recover wounds.

Tyber will also be switching stance to codex feat of strength for an additional level of unnatural strength for his attack against the beast.

Tyber will also be invoking his demeanor to recover a fate point. He knows his path doesn't end on this backwater world, he is destined for greatness.

That should help for the beasty's action on round three. :)

Mol: I made a mistake with my SAB hits: when using a boltgun they're capped at three hits regardless of whether or not any DoS would allow you more than three (RoF is S/3/-). I've gone back and removed two hits from my first attack against Cultists 1 which means their Magnitude is at 23 instead of 21 at the end of Round 2 (and beginning of Round 3).

I've also posted the numbers for Ghent's Round 3 attack so that it's out of the way and you can progress with combat. I'll add story to my post soon. :tu: