[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

I spoke no slander sir, it was a privilege to read about them. :wink:

MR.

never took it as slander, just saying that I've sunk a boat load of time into them. :biggrin.:

I hear this in my soul. I have been on and off Working on Bloodmoon Hunters for over a decade though it has been about two or three years since they became more Hunter Focus rather than just Tech focused.

I've updated the Demi-Squad on Vinov through to the start of Round Three. 

There is still no sign of the canister amidst the dust and acidic fog. It is possible for Akkad to hide from the creature (The Shroudmistress of Vinov? That sounds cool...) and to search the debris looking for it.

This is no ordinary Mawloc - and even the venerable Spearcast is in danger...! 

There is still no sign of the canister amidst the dust and acidic fog. It is possible for Akkad to hide from the creature (The Shroudmistress of Vinov? That sounds cool...) and to search the debris looking for it.

I like the sound of Acidic Fog. I like Acid so much that one of my homeworlds is a Acid world built on the idea of Venus.

Are there any nodules and/or veins on the exterior of the Mawloc that we could try and rupture to stop/weaken the bio-plasma attack?

Alternatively, is there any way for us to target specific locations on the beast? I'm thinking of destroying those jaw tendons/the jaw area in general, for example.

Edited by Dosjetka

And this is again why my guts says "Use the freaking missiles!"... :rolleyes:

This is no ordinary Mawloc - and even the venerable Spearcast is in danger...! 

What kind of tests Mol?  Scrutiny, Tracking?  Will Perception tests be adequate?

I can't actively hide from the big beastie - my armour has "Cower not before the Enemy" :biggrin.:

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

I have to admit that it feels like a bit of a failure in terms of encounter design. I had taken some inspiration from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_zl8WWaSyI'>Matt Colville's video on action oriented monsters in 5E D&D and this is perhaps the first time that we've had a squad of Astartes against a singular enemy. I had envisioned the Mawloc as a "boss monster" that was required to defeat to enable you to poison the digestion pool. I didn't want to devote time to creating a map for this encounter, as I can't spend resources on it at the moment. Unfortunately, it seems Akkad is able to circumvent the encounter near-entirely, which has dampened some of the drama. 

That's not a criticism of you, Mazer - more a lesson in terms of how to engineer combats to make them more useful.

What I would like to say is that Akkad won't be able to find the canister until the Mawloc is dead - though that's not entirely a satisfying answer for players. I'll need to think about it and then decide what to do. 

Placeholder replaced!

Shall we just zoom and boom or attempt to pick up our runner?

And this is again why my guts says "Use the freaking missiles!"... :rolleyes:

You must learn patience, grasshopper. And a sense of dramatic awareness! :p

I am also out of likes!

Guess, we will have Spearcast zoom in and drop anyone who wants to near you and then make a couple of strafing runs on the hordes.

(Don't worry, Steel. I have a feeling we are going to use the Missiles before this is over). ;)

What kind of Rad weaponry do you all have? Balefire Flamers? With Nids and that regen, going high damage seems to be the way.

Also where is the other team in this? It seems a limited portion of you guys are in this Boss Fight.

Edited by TechCaptain

Faith in the Emperor is our greatest weapon TechCaptain:biggrin.:

The other half of the team are deployed in the defence of Syndalla, but this isn't the boss fight - no sir, this thing right here is a tiddler compared to what Mol is going to dump on us later! ;)

Seriously though, the only thing we've got that can peck at it, are Krak grenades and Hellfire rounds in Greysight's bolter.  Not even Akkad's Heavy Bolter has much chance against it, and our biggest and best weapon is the Stormraven, hence why Akkad played to objective and tried to ignore the Distraction Mawloc!

Getting tense now.  Going down into the belly of the beast, two brothers who have seen the abyss, now wander into it.

Can we winch out if need be?  Is anyone else coming into this hole?  Yeng could pick up Cadence?  She still has ammo in the belt, could be fired from the 'Raven?

MR. 

Spearcast does have some sort of magna-grapple at the back, as the Stormraven is supposed to be able to carry a Dreadnought at the rear. ([Here's one that someone has converted: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/16/6e/ed/166eed2052ed8425d512d7c2ec3e7003.jpg

Edited by Commissar Molotov