[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Steel - unless I'm misunderstanding, you've spent 2500 + Forging the Bond, when I'm awarding you 2000+FtB, for a total of 2500. Looking at your character sheet you're already at 5000, this should take you to 7500. 

Oh! your right CM time to go back and make some adjustments....

Edit:

Edit made:

Looks like it adds up correctly now.

Edited by Steel Company

Looks like it's time for some Techmarine shenanigans.

GM, you remember that time when we kinda said, we could bolt the heavy bolter together with the flamer...?  Can we like, do that now, but with a Heavy flamer from the Xenocide's armoury, forgoing the 10% bonus to the wargear afforded by Signature Wargear (Master)  for the opportunity to burn and bolt at the same time....I do get 40 requisition...

I'll buy Armourer and Armourer +10 if necessary...Akkad does love Cadence after all and he would like to get her something nice...

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

I'll allow it, you will need to write a piece describing the creation of your Infernus Heavy Bolter. I see it almost as an organ transplant - something that needs to be carried out with incredible delicacy to ensure that Cadence's mighty war spirit does not suffer in your Frankenstein experiments! Teralil might be able to oversee the work, as Morovir has expressed that Teralil has skill as an armourer as well.

(As a note, the Infernus Heavy Bolter model doesn't have a belt feed, only a magazine - should we factor that in?) 

Edited by Commissar Molotov

I am loving the detail you all have for these kind of creations. Reminds me of the days in which I was making patterns for Mjorn Forge World and the custom Launcher I had on a Bloodmoon Hunter Artificer. He 'designed' a backpack fed launcher of powered 'lances'.

CM, yes, I think that's fine, the HB has a box magazine of 60 rounds and it's a full action reload anyway, so Akkad can carry the spare magazines on his back and swap them out as he needs. :thumbsup:

Which actually rears the ugly head of Requisition.  I ordered 250 rounds of HB Kraken for a backpack supply.  How do we work that?

I'll give Morovir a nudge and we'll work on a mutual write-up, (unless he sees this post!)

My XP costs will be as follows.

Trade: Armourer (600xp)

Trade: Armourer + 10 (400xp)

Signature Wargear (Master) (1000xp)

Total 2000xp

Plus: Forging the Bond (500xp)

MR.

@ TechCaptain, a backpack that auto-loads and fires spears you say....(rubs chin)

@ Tyber, I remember that :biggrin.:

If Cadence jams again, Akkad will just look at you that way he does, helmet slightly cocked, the left lens a little higher than the other, like a raised eyebrow.  "Told you so."

EDIT:  Behold!  Technoblasphemy!

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

I have updated Tyber, Akkad, Varvost and Greysight's character sheets accordingly. 

EDIT: I will probably allow players to reselect their requisition before the assault.

Edited by Commissar Molotov

Well, Where to start:

"Thought begets heresy....."

There probably is a rather complicated Calculus involved regarding the final assignment to which particular hell :tongue.:

I hear there are 9 levels.  If I roll a 10, do I get to pick? :D

I have updated Tyber, Akkad, Varvost and Greysight's character sheets accordingly. 

EDIT: I will probably allow players to reselect their requisition before the assault.

Appreciated GM, ;)

MR.

Awesome, thanks CM. I put those approved purchases onto the front sheet. 'cept for forging the bond... I'll get that on there a little later.

Thanks for sending that e-mail CM, sadly, for Tyber there is nothing he needs to buy at the moment... he needs standing with the deathwatch to get the 'good stuff'...

Edited by Steel Company

True, but he already has two clips of special ammo, but he's not much of a gun fighter at the moment (and he's saving those kraken rounds for something big)... Where he needs to be is at least Respected to be able to turn his arming sword into a power sword (the next step before it's final evolution to relic blade). Everything after that is just gravy for getting into useful things for him...

So long story short, Tyber's requisition is up for grabs.

I've dropped Morovir a PM regarding the tech heresy.

I'll Req 2 x 60rds boxes of Kraken = 40 Req.

EDIT: Steel, can I snaffle 5 Req from you for a chainsword?  Vaidan's Flamer will now be up for grabs for someone as well.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

I am now thinking if allowed I will make a new character named Yarro Durgai. I was thinking maybe an expert Trapper and explosives person (but his class would be Tactical)

Do it - nobody on the team has Demolitions and without it you can't even slap a Melta Bomb to a wall!

No problem MR, like I said, there is nothing Tyber needs at this time.

Cheers Brother.

MR.

I am now thinking if allowed I will make a new character named Yarro Durgai. I was thinking maybe an expert Trapper and explosives person (but his class would be Tactical)

Do it - nobody on the team has Demolitions and without it you can't even slap a Melta Bomb to a wall!

No problem MR, like I said, there is nothing Tyber needs at this time.

Cheers Brother.

MR.

I am glad a Demolitions expert would be met with enthusiasm. I start working up more of this idea if CM approves, because it seems you all are in a natural pause point. I will keep myself limited until CM lets me know my parameters.

TechCaptain - I've PM'd you, but for now please leave new character creation out of this thread. The assault on the hive ship will take at least a month, if not two - so it's not something we need to prioritise right now.

Fair, was just getting opinions on general ideas but I will leave any more of that kind of conversation out of here.