[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Now that we know what TB and Armour the Mawloc has, I've amended my post. I'd appreciate someone double-checking my calculations; thank you.

In addition to this, I'd just like to confirm the following: does Righteous Fury only trigger on a roll of a 10 on a D10? Or is it 9 and 10?

Fair enough Xin, just giving my gut reaction to the new threat. :)

To be fair,if it was just for putting the thing down, I'd be all weapons away ;)

From the comfort of my home and the POV of a character who's entire life has been ruling in his gut reaction, well...

I've added in the Mawloc's initiative. If any of you wish to spend a Fate Point to boost your initiative over and above the Mawloc's (so you act first) - please let me know. 

Mazer/Xin - feel free to work out your posts and then I will reconcile everyone else.

I've updated the post with Bolt Pistol Semi-Auto instead of the flamer, I forgot the flamer was a fixed range and I would have to be within 20 metres of that thing.  I didn't think that was prudent...!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/344357-dw-blackthorn-and-swordhand/?p=5519985

My apologies!

MR.

My oh my you guys have done a lot in a couple of chapters. It is going to take me awhile to get through all this.

Mazer interesting moves you are making, this seems as epic as Deathwatch should be.

:D

You're too kind - this whole team is bonkers wicked as you'll see when you catch up with our exploits, from the precise, but taciturn-to-a-fault Raptor Atratus, to the missile-launcher maniac Red Talon Brakan Vorr...

I have a constant stream of apologies to make to Mol as I push the envelope...!

I hope you know what you're letting yourself in for... :D

MR.

I hope so too. I have a few ideas floating around in my head and a few different brews to pull from. I use games like this to develop named characters for my chapters even if I have that character from some canon chapter originally I make a new version of that guy for my pages.

A few of the lads have something very similar going on, Nineswords' character Greysight comes from the Storm Sons and Steel plays a nine-foot tall giant called Tyber the Black Lord, a hero of the chapter from his own Dragons of Caliban, which he's been brewing for a while.  Dark Angels they ain't!

I'm not sure if Apologist built his Gatebreakers for this game...?

MR.

That is pretty good.

Bloodmoon Hunters are by far my most unique organization, I use Raptor's chapter rules mainly as I can't find anything that fits the hunt kind of theme.

I also have:

Sanguine Templars, Blood Angel survivors from the Siege of Terra during the Horus Heresy who went on a never ending crusade against the Heretic. (I haven't shared them here yet due to the guidelines of no second foundings for DIY) They run much like a blend of Dark Angels and Blood Angels.

Steel Harbingers, Third Founding Iron Warriors who missed the Whole Horus Heresy by being a long forgotten garrison on the southern edge of the Galaxy. The appear and work much like Iron Hands with a Siege mentality. oddly though in a defensive way since they were specifically a garrison and not an attacking force.

Graven Souls, Thirteenth Founding claims to be White Scars descendants but take a cue from their recruits origins of Yakuza like organizations and focus on quick hitting stealth and psychological warfare to end wars quickly.

Dark Angels they ain't!

MR.

No they are not... They are about as close as you'll find to a 30k Astartes in 40k, a chapter trying to live in the glory of the past. Trading on their pride of what and who they used to be, refusing to accept the current status of the Imperium.

Though to be fair, Tyber doesn't pick up the moniker The Black Lord till later in his life, after he goes on to return to his chapter and seize the position of champion from the current holder. While retaining the Deathwatch black on his armour to mark himself visually to go along with the distance that the chapter keeps him at due to his service with the Deathwatch when he returns.

Didn't want to put words in your mouth Steel :wink:

He's a lore-hungry chap.  If you have a wad of it in your hand, check you're not left with a stump...

Can't wait to meet some of these lads, TechCaptain :wink:

MR.

The flow and Need of the RPs will show how these guys will appear. As for as lore hungry, definitely lol. I am a very avid homebrewer.

Trade (Armourer) rolls:

TN 50

1: 4 (4 DoS)

2: 18 (3 DoS)

3: 17 (3 DoS)

4: 69 (1 DoF) #1

5: 8 (4 DoS)

6: 7 (4 DoS)

7: 53 (Failure) #2

8: 31 (1 DoS)

9: 36 (1 DoS)

10: 57 (Failure) #3

7 successes

Regarding the character sheet, I'll need to look back at it in more depth as I honestly cannot remember the majority of the purchases or which books they came from. I remember that Trade (Armourer) came from the General Advance table, and some form of 'Chapter Rituals' deed? that I haven't been able to find provided Hardy and Iron Jaw. I have no idea about the Bolter Drill - the only place I could find that it may be from is the Death From Afar Advances, but the XP cost doesn't seem to add up.

In any case, the XP on my character sheet is seriously messed up and I'll probably have to redo it entirely.

Edit: Looking at my rolls on Orokos, I rolled a '3' on 1d5 for the 'Chapter Rituals', but I'm still trying to work out what that means.

Edited by Morovir

Didn't want to put words in your mouth Steel :wink:

He's a lore-hungry chap.  If you have a wad of it in your hand, check you're not left with a stump...

Can't wait to meet some of these lads, TechCaptain :wink:

MR.

In my defense MR, I have been working on the Dragons a long, long time....

I was just looking at the Kill Teams, besides not a bunch of Generalists you don't really have many Chaplains either. Gives me idea for later but would require more work to fit into a ruleset. Bloodmoon Hunters have a thing called Artificers who are a mix of Chaplain and Techmarine but also are secondary commanders for the units they are attached to. Just spit-balling anyways.

@TechCaptain, bit of the old spitballin' is fine.  Be aware though that Chaplains are an advance speciality, bought at Rank 4 - we don't have any because there's some way to go yet ;)

@ Morovir, "Chapter Rituals" sound like it's a GM modification...the Bolter Drill is 1000xp from any of the tables.

MR.