[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

I’ve checked the rules and it doesn’t seem like you do. You just add a d10 to your damage, IDK why you’re adding extra hits when you don’t have the degrees of success to do so

@Petragor - He's not adding extra hits, he's just going by the example under the Righteous Fury blurb.

It really needs a GM's Call as it's a FFG Thing.

The Righteous Fury blurb on (P245) reads that you roll for another attack and if its successful you make another Damage Roll and add it to the total. Now if you just read the blurb but don't look at the example, it reads like you roll another d10 and add that result to your damage.

But the Righteous Fury example shows another Full Damage Roll is added to the total.

Thanks Mol.

So Argus' third roll was 2 + 7 + 7.

So if Argus' third d10 result was a 2, his damage is:

Damage = 2d10+12+2(Mighty Shot)E at 12 Pen

10 + 3 + 14 + 10(RF) + 2(RF) = 39 at 12 Pen

39 – Armour 0 (7-12) – TB8 = 31 damage to Mega-Mek

If it was a 7, his damage is:

10 + 3 + 14 + 10(RF) + 7(RF) = 44 at 12 Pen

44 – Armour 0 (7-12) – TB8 = 36 damage to Mega-Mek

Either way not bad for a single round of Plasma!

This is clarified in the Deathwatch Errata - Righteous Fury adds an additional D10 damage (and if you roll another 10 you can add another D10, etc.)

Thanks Mol.

So Argus' third roll was 2 + 7 + 7.

So if Argus' third d10 result was a 2, his damage is:

10 + 3 + 14 + 10(RF) + 2(RF) = 39 at 12 Pen

39 – Armour 0 (7-12) – TB8 = 31 damage to Mega-Mek

If it was a 7, his damage is:

10 + 3 + 14 + 10(RF) + 7(RF) = 44 at 12 Pen

44 – Armour 0 (7-12) – TB8 = 36 damage to Mega-Mek

Either way not bad for a single round of Plasma!

Okay, this makes a lot more sense. Thanks! I'll go ahead and edit my post to reflect the correct rules.

If you are using the Deathwatch Errata then your Plasma Gun is doing the wrong damage. You are looking at the Plasma Cannon's damage.

A Plasma Gun does:

1d10+12 at 10 Pen.

Plus your Mighty Shot damage of course.

I guess I really messed up this turn lol. I have it correct on my character sheet, I must have read the damage from the wrong weapon. 

Hi Jeremy,

My previous posts were on my phone and I hadn't looked in at the IC thread. I've managed to put up a map which shows where everyone is before Thire's turn. I realise that you may not have seen where the Mega-Mek moved to, and I'm going to rule that Argus wouldn't be able to get a direct line of fire to him from his current position.

I'm willing to allow you to allocate your shots to another target, and would propose that perhaps you try to finish off Killa-Kan 2? It's about to lumber into the close-combat with Vorr, and he's used up his dodge.

Let me know what you reckon and I'll sort things out tomorrow.

Phone post:

You roll your damage. Your AP reduces the armour value, which is then applied to the damage. Any remaining damage is applied to the structural integrity , which functions as the vehicle's "wounds".

If shooting Killa-Kan 2, it's critically damaged and only needs a few more wounds to destroy it.

If you are under half range, remember that melta weapons gain +D10 damage.

Yeah, Embe should be in Squad Mode - you've participated in both Bolter Assaults, so that should be fine.

Titus is also in Squad mode, being only ~25 metres away from Argus.

EDIT: It looks to me like a copy-paste transposition error. I've gone back and edited all the posts on the current page to make it clear Embe is in squad mode.

Edited by Commissar Molotov

There we go, would've liked more degrees of success on the roll to hit, but 7 magnitude damage is 7 magnitude damage. Wondering how they'll do on the fear roll as well, first time I've described the armors smoke quality in action!