[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Titus would be able to relay that the Orks at the moment don't seem to be expecting any interruptions are focused on their haphazard looting and pillaging. I'm happy for the brothers of Swordhand to reach the doorway of the hangar, but I didn't know if you wanted to do anything extra beyond that.

I think it'd be fine if we could just quickly move to the door and then attack the Orks before they have any time to prepare or destroy our ride.

Agreed. If everyone can get up to the door without being spotted, we should be able to just rush them, depending on Initiative?

Speaking of Initiative; whoever goes first, might be worth calling a Bolter Assault so we can all enter the hangar at once, before any Orks can respond?

Although I'm not sure as to our Cohesion total, etc, but I'm sure Mol will fill us in when we get into it?

I've just sent another email to some of the Swordhand players in an effort to rustle them up. At the moment, I'm inclined to only utilise the players' characters who post - it can easily be rationalised that Sergeant Kol orders a rearguard, in case there are other Ork boarders in the vicinity. (NPCing six Astartes might be a little tricky!)

At the moment we have Vorr, Embe, Titus and Thire who've posted. I'll likely give it a few days and then see what I can arrange so that we can get this combat started.

Oh heck we're back, good to see you in the cockpit again Mol.

I've had a huge change of circumstances since we last played - new job, engaged, new (first) house, etc. etc. Therefore my post frequency will be lower than before.

Will catch up on the in character thread tomorrow and get a post up hopefully in the evening (once I've method-acted my way back into the mind of a Psyker - if my brain doesn't pop first).

Happy new year everyone :)

Oh heck we're back, good to see you in the cockpit again Mol.

I've had a huge change of circumstances since we last played - new job, engaged, new (first) house, etc. etc. Therefore my post frequency will be lower than before.

Will catch up on the in character thread tomorrow and get a post up hopefully in the evening (once I've method-acted my way back into the mind of a Psyker - if my brain doesn't pop first).

Happy new year everyone :)

Congrats dude

Welcome back, Jeremy!

I hadn't seen that Lysimachus had edited his post so I will get on to the response (along with Achillion's psychic test.)

This seems like a more equitable split - six assaulting the Orks, and four holding a rearguard...

Agreed, do we just roll initiative to see who goes first in the surprise round?

Pretty much, yep. I think once Mol pulls the trigger on Structured Time we make our rolls as normal, along with the bad guys, to give us the Initiative Order for the whole fight. But in the first (Surprise) Round they can't act or react at all, so basically miss their go.

Which should be very useful, especially if combined with Bolter Assault as that would give us 2 to 4 (depending on that Initiative order) activations each before the Orks even get to act once!

Did we get Komrk back or should I go ahead and take deputy lead of Swordhand?

Oops, maybe I made an error there... although I'm fairly sure we haven't seen Komrk, Adesro, AHP or Apologist... Edited by Lysimachus

No worries, just thought it might save Mol having to look through a load of sheets for it all! :lol:

Good question too! Here's another: what's the scale on the map? 2m squares?

Edit: ooh, and another: can we take cover under the raised platform to be out of LoS of the Orks at the top?

Edited by Lysimachus

I've edited the post with the initiative rolls thus far and as much information on the Orks as I have right now - I've just got to check through my Only War PDFs for the Killa-Kan stats.

Petragor:

Having checked, it appears your Cohesion is at 7: 5 for Kol's Fellowship Bonus, +1 for his armour history and +1 for him having Command as a trained skill.

Lysimachus:

I tend to default to 5m squares. The platform is raised (somewhat - assume 2.5m above the ground floor?) but I didn't intend for it to be accessible underneath - although being on it will provide you with advantages when shooting down at the Orks, I assume.

Full disclosure; it's been a while since I read the Deathwatch rules and I'm out of practice. I also don't really have the time right now to read up.

I remember the basics and have still notes on Achillion's combat purchases, but when it comes to cohesion/solo/squad, I'm a bit lost. Please bear with me if I make a mistake. 

Also updated my placeholder!

Edited by Mojake

Hi all,

Bit of planning here. I'm thinking as he's up first (probably - unless Vorr has high Ag + a good roll) Titus will try to enter Squad Mode for an immediate Bolter Assault to get us all in as quickly as possible? I'm also thinking that he'd head for the raised platform to the north to try and clear out the Orks up there and take over a good sniper's position? Everyone cool with that?

Hey Lsimachus, does Bolter Assault require for all members in combat to be using Bolt Weapons when the action is triggered? Gideon only has his Meltagun and chainsword at the drawn currently and Vorr is wielding a Multimelta.

Edited by Komrade_Atomic