[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

For the sake of getting back into the swing of it I'll suggest we load up the Chimera again and have the Guardsmen lead us to the manse. Anyone else have a preference? Can split up the speedy guys now and make their way to the astropath? I reckon the guards will know where the tower is. 

My preference is we still split up and hit the two objectives quickly.

Tyber's preference would be for us all to go to the Governor's palace, execute him for cowardice and failure to alert the Imperium to what was going on.  While tasking these house guards to send troops and supplies to the defenders at the temple, before we roll onto the Astropath.

In the end, it's up to you Sargent. :happy.:

We have more room in the Chimera.  We can offer the beleaguered Guards a rest in the back of our roadster...which Slips can then use to "administer a brief medical exam" and "a small pep-up" to our most trustworthy allies...to ensure there has been no meddling with the human form...

Xin (Sabaan) will monitor the Vox net.  Akkad can use his Auspex to keep 50m worth of peeled eyes from the top hatch.

MR.

Yay! Board is back on...well...again, I guess.

I looked it up infrequently after the long night of late September and then last week, and then it was down..again.

Looks like you guys had a busy time on and off board. Consider a month's worth of likes added to your posts.

And an extra thanks to Mazer for handling Sabaan all the way....I will have to find to add "Despiser of Meatbags" to my handle :)

And maybe have my boss to include it on my phone tag at work ;)

Now to get myself up to speed...

Yay! Board is back on...well...again, I guess.

I looked it up infrequently after the long night of late September and then last week, and then it was down..again.

Looks like you guys had a busy time on and off board. Consider a month's worth of likes added to your posts.

And an extra thanks to Mazer for handling Sabaan all the way....I will have to find to add "Despiser of Meatbags" to my handle :smile.:

And maybe have my boss to include it on my phone tag at work :wink:

Now to get myself up to speed...

Xin! :biggrin.:  Welcome back!  Am humbled you found my handling of the Meatbag Despiser worthy.  I think everyone will be relieved when you take the reins again! ;)

Welcome back Xin, everything looking better on your end?

I can only echo this - I hope you are having a better time of it recently? ;)

MR.

It's good to be back! Also very nice of you to have me back. ;)

Board downtime gave my family and me some time to get things to move along. For those interested in catching up..

My mother-in-law is recovering and will be finishing irradiation therapy this week, Once things calmed down, my wife caught an early case of flu at the end of our holiday ( exhaustion and worrying didn't help, I guess ) and is still at home. But we are now at a stage were we are not just dragged along by events and are getting things in order again. It's slow but steady looking up right now.

So I think I can find the time to look into uplinking to you meatbags again. Praise the Omnissiah and prepare for the fury of Medusa!

I understand how rough that time can be Xin, when my Mom wen through Chemo and Radiation treatments it was hard on me and my Dad... granted I was just starting high-school then (I was 13/14), it was around that time that I started getting into 40k, and to be honest, 40k helped me get through that rough time. I spent a lot of time painting...

This is the only time you'll read this so enjoy it.

Bloke falls in a hole.  A doctor walks by, offers him pills.  Psychiatrist walks past, tells him to fix himself.  Another bloke spots he's got a similar t-shirt on, jumps in the hole with him.  Bloke turns to him and says:
"What are you doing you idiot!  Now there's two of us stuck down here!"

The other guy turns around and says:

"Yeah, but I've been here before.  You're not alone anymore."

Lot of people with similar t-shirts in here.  You know what I'm saying. :thumbsup:

Anyway, as you were you 'orrible lot!

MR.

Thanks again, guys.

For the record, I once rushed in on an emergency with an in-house patient straight from my ready room. I was still wearing the t shirt doubling as my Pyjama top.

It read: "It 's not my fault you suck."

You have been warned. ;)

Thanks again, guys.

For the record, I once rushed in on an emergency with an in-house patient straight from my ready room. I was still wearing the t shirt doubling as my Pyjama top.

You have been warned. :wink:

Ahh Xin, if I saw that, I would've burst out in laughter.

One summer when I was in high-school, I went around in the docks where the cruise ships would come in, with a shirt on that said:

"Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot them?"

@Steel - That is one T shirt to add to my list!

Closer to the topic - am I uplinking to Sabaan with the coming update or should I wait for you guys to close this scene so I do. It mix up something I missed while being AWOL?

I'd say go for it Xin, we've been in a bit of a holding pattern lately.

As for the shirt, it was one I had about 15/20 years ago. I remember it was black, with a white human silhouette, a red cross hair over top of the silhouette with white words under that... hope that helps for locating something like it.

Thanks again, guys.

You have been warned. :wink:

Could have been worse - I saw one shirt doing the rounds for the British Army Royal Medical Corps: "We Bury Our Mistakes"

I'd say go for it Xin, we've been in a bit of a holding pattern lately.

As for the shirt, it was one I had about 15/20 years ago. I remember it was black, with a white human silhouette, a red cross hair over top of the silhouette with white words under that... hope that helps for locating something like it.

I did have one many years ago that was a picture of a man with his own head up his...well, you get the drift.

Xin! Post, post, post, post!

Looking forward to get going again Mol :)

MR.

CM great update, a question about the building, are there ledges or windows up the side of it? How is the roof shaped? One last question, the swords the guards carry, do the have the tell tail power field generator of a power weapon? On Imperial models, that generator is usually found at the base of the hilt, somewhat boxy, with two cables and connectors on the flat of the blade.

And a faulty Jump Pack Steel...you've played Space Marine right?  Nice IED in a pinch...

Speaking of which, referring to Mol's post in the IC thread, a Jump Pack has the capability for limited flight, but fuel consumption may be prohibitive.

Climb?

Am working out the flyer trait for future reference.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Power blades on those servitors raises their threat index, a lot....

Normal combat (melee) servitor is a 4-6 depending on how much armour they have

Power weapon packing combat (melee) servitor is a 8-12 depending on the armour they have...

Tyber's not keen on getting stuck in with them, I'm not too keen on the idea of risking a 75% chance to blow up my weapons if they parry a blow from my chain sword / arming sword with those power blades.... Not to mention how they'll cut through power armour like a hot knife through butter....

As for the jump packs, they can grants us the Fly (12) trait (as per page 171 core book), this makes our movement 12, but still subject to half move, full move, charge and run, so with a move of 12 Tyber's movement per combat turn would be 12/24/36/72 for up to 1 minuet. This is all found on page 210 of the core book... so using the 150m tall tower as an example, it should take Tyber less than 3 turns combat turns to reach the top of the tower, if going full bore thrust at it... granted I don't want to think about the amount of kinetic energy he could slam into a window moving at 14.4m/s.... So let's just forget about the physics of a 3-500kg guy in armour moving at 14.4m/s slamming into something, the numbers start to get silly.

In the end it's up to CM what we can and cannot reach with our jump packs, and I am fine either way, I'd just like to avoid getting stuck in against power weapons.... untill I've got something I can use with out losing it against them.