[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Hi all, I am keen to update further and move this on, but some of it will depend on your actions. I will wait for Steel to update his placeholder and it would be beneficial to have another post by Reyner before I advance.

Aside from the facetious comment to Mazer last night, something I do want to try to evoke with the Governor's manse is a sense of creeping unease (if not outright paranoia) - the idea that there could be an insidious threat nearby at any moment. It does, I think, need your cooperation to try to promote it, though - you can see Akkad checking the auspex, Sabaan keen to speak to the member of House Vortis, Vaidan momentarily distracted by Tyber's messages...

Still a but rusty with the rules but can Vaidan do a Perception check using the same buffs as Slips used here? 

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/344357-kill-team-blackthorn-the-grand-estates/?p=5189750

From the sheet I have for Vaidan his perception is 42.

edit: guessing I won't get the +10 autosenses test without the helmet though!

Edited by Reyner

Aside from the facetious comment to Mazer last night, something I do want to try to evoke with the Governor's manse is a sense of creeping unease (if not outright paranoia) - the idea that there could be an insidious threat nearby at any moment. It does, I think, need your cooperation to try to promote it, though - you can see Akkad checking the auspex, Sabaan keen to speak to the member of House Vortis, Vaidan momentarily distracted by Tyber's messages...

Facetious comment? Didn't see it if there was one, just got the overtones of the build-up of suspense, which I tried to split the difference with by narrative assist and getting ready for when the Ferrum hits the Magnet...

MR.

Thanks MR, I've got my fingers crossed that combat will not happen, power blades can be down right nasty... but if it is and we live, then yay, power generator bracer and a one handed power sword for Tyber as loot, possibly....

For Tyber it's more a case of being surprised that an Imperial machine does not recognize his authority over it and is unsure how to treat it.

Slips, don't forget that you all have the Deathwatch Training trait; whilst this is your first mission together and differences between the chapters is a key narrative aspect, you must have some method of communicating, perhaps as part of your hypno-indoctrination. Edited by Commissar Molotov

Oh I kept that in mind it was just my weird way of trying to put across that, much like the accents they would each individually have when speaking high and low gothic, so too could their Astartes Battle Sign have an “accent”

Nice update MR, glad that it's Akkad and not Tyber there... Tyber would be showing nothing but contempt for these so called nobles... or might have executed one of them for treachery already, considering the conditions of the system defense ships when the Voice of Thunder arrived.