[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Hi all, 

Glad to see the board back. I spoke to Mazer during the downtime and we discussed the fact that this highlights that we should try to archive as much of the IC thread so that any board crash will ensure our work isn't lost! 

Looking forward to Reyner posting so we can move things forward! 

Sounds like a good idea CM, I've been keeping copies of everything I go to post since July 16, 2018... maybe collecting it all into a single word doc might be a good idea too.:yes:

Agreed, pretty much what I was thinking - maybe scooping up all the posts into a huge Google Doc..?

MR.

I think it's just a case of lots of stuff on plates, Steel old son ;) Today is update day so you never know!  Just fancy another chance at glory eh? :D

@Nine - I don't know where the correct STC spot is for learner plates....you'll have to wing it ;)

MR.

I think it's just a case of lots of stuff on plates, Steel old son ;) Today is update day so you never know! Just fancy another chance at glory eh? :D

@Nine - I don't know where the correct STC spot is for learner plates....you'll have to wing it ;)

MR.

Little bit...

But in truth this is the closest I've been able to get to a TT RP game since my daughter was born three ago. So I'm having a ton of fun and I want to see it not die a quite death.

I think it's just a case of lots of stuff on plates, Steel old son :wink: Today is update day so you never know! Just fancy another chance at glory eh? :biggrin.:

@Nine - I don't know where the correct STC spot is for learner plates....you'll have to wing it :wink:

MR.

Little bit...

But in truth this is the closest I've been able to get to a TT RP game since my daughter was born three ago. So I'm having a ton of fun and I want to see it not die a quite death.

It would be nice to finish it off, since a ) This is my FIRST game as a player and b ) it's the longest running game so far in this whole subforum.  I swear that half of the views are mine... :teehee: and I have plans...such plans...!

I just hope everything is ok with CM :sad.:

Agreed and well met - I think we all feel that way to some extent - let us not forget bout Xin either!

I think part of the reason we've kept this going so long is because of the good bunch of players we have.  Never thought I'd get into a group like this, a mere no-name lurker :wink:

We just have to keep it rolling as best we can - as Astral Claws would say: "To the Bitter End".  Just a thought - perhaps we could do some flashback posts?  Reyner, are you up to fleshing out our Sergeant a bit?  Thoughts?  Maybe we could do a small collaborative narrative about a past training session aboard the Voice of Thunder?  That way CM doesn't have any extra work and we get some more story in?

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Hi guys, 

Things have been very busy here with work; my department head's dad died so I've been running things and we had loads of deadlines hit concurrently which have meant I've had little time for the grim darkness of the far future. My wife has finished her last session of chemotherapy this week and we are going to be receiving surgery dates soon. I'm having to spend time with her this week which means that my free time is heavily limited. I will have to do some work this week, so I will have some access to a laptop and will see what I can do to move forward.

But make no mistake, we will endure! 

I'll see about getting sometime either tomorrow or today to flesh out some background flash backs for Tyber... I've been enjoying building his background in flash backs sofar.

Edit:

No problem CM, thanks for taking a moment to let us know what is going on, on your end. Glad to hear that your last is done that leg of treatment.

Edited by Steel Company

Got something up, more place holder fluff, but it was fun to write.

It was good to read Steel, nicely done sir.  Got to say, had to wince when I got to Master Tavar being hit in the head by a 14 year old ;)

I got a post up too - odd how we synchronised there....:yes:

MR.

Got something up, more place holder fluff, but it was fun to write.

It was good to read Steel, nicely done sir.  Got to say, had to wince when I got to Master Tavar being hit in the head by a 14 year old :wink:

I got a post up too - odd how we synchronised there....:yes:

MR.

No kidding, and well written on your end too, makes me miss that wolf... to bad we got stuck with the World Eater Eradicator....:rolleyes:

As for the strike against Tavar, I felt that it worked well how Tyber often acts first, then thinks.

Edited by Steel Company

Hi all --

Not quite the week I wanted it to be; my wife has been quite ill and when I sat down on Thursday morning to update the game, the B&C had gone down again! Clearly the successive downtime has hit us hard, so hopefully we can get things moving. This week I am free each morning at work (except Friday) - so I will be doing what I can to move things forward.

My aim is to move things forward slightly to try to regain momentum - moving the Kill-Team to the Governor's district and bypassing the journey. Hopefully this should get us something back.

Edited by Commissar Molotov

Mol, I'm sorry to hear about the troubles your lady is suffering with - if you'd like I can put together a list of things that may help with the sickness and PM you?  I hope you both get a break from it.

As to the RP, have been thinking about it all week!  I stand ready, GM - lead on as you will.

MR.

Sorry to hear about the rough times CM, let's trust in the Emperor that things will smooth out for a while.

Edit:

Place holder, replaced:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/344357-kill-team-blackthorn-a-city-aflame/?p=5180963

Edited by Steel Company