[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

The ruling on the TWF just makes my head spin. So they even split the talent on wether using twin melee or mixed weapons..or twin pistols? There should be a flowchart....

Not so much - this seems to be saying (and remember again that per P.36 of the rulebook, all Astartes are ambidextrous) that... 

If you use two weapons to do a 'multiple attacks' action, then it is -20WS/BS to both. 

If you have TWWM and do a 'multiple attacks' action with two melee weapons, then it is -10WS to both. 

If you have TWWR and do a 'multiple attacks' action with two ranged weapons, then it is -10BS to both.

Unless you have both TWWM and TWWR, you cannot use both a ranged and melee weapon at -10 - it stays at -20.

That seems relatively straightforward to me - what do we think?

Slips: Genestealer B is stunned due to Akkad's shot, so you will be able to attack and kill it this turn without it dodging (it only needs 6 damage to be killed.) 

Reyner - you can actually use your "Fire for Effect" this turn, as you haven't used your reaction. So you can fire before the end of this turn if you wish.

The ruling on the TWF just makes my head spin. So they even split the talent on wether using twin melee or mixed weapons..or twin pistols? There should be a flowchart....

Not so much - this seems to be saying (and remember again that per P.36 of the rulebook, all Astartes are ambidextrous) that... 

If you use two weapons to do a 'multiple attacks' action, then it is -20WS/BS to both. 

If you have TWWM and do a 'multiple attacks' action with two melee weapons, then it is -10WS to both. 

If you have TWWR and do a 'multiple attacks' action with two ranged weapons, then it is -10BS to both.

Unless you have both TWWM and TWWR, you cannot use both a ranged and melee weapon at -10 - it stays at -20.

That seems relatively straightforward to me - what do we think?

Solid.  Good ruling in my opinion.

@CM: Could I fire the flamer this turn or stick to the pistol?

@MR: if CM says yes to the flamer would this mess up your plan?

Even better because it All-Out Attacked and can't dodge either and Slips is on +20 to hit wounded scumbag B and it can't dodge either!

BURN. THEM. ALL.

Hmm, dead Governor eh....wonder who could have done that? :ph34r.: Very nice writing Nine.

Steel - I think we can find a replacement.

Reyner, I suggest you send Tyber and the AssaultBois back to the tower.  After this fight they are owed an epic battle of their own...unless you want help Steel/AT...? :laugh.:

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Hmmm if youll give it to me, sure, but I went with the assumption that since Solastion just broke out of his frenzy, he'd have to take a second or two to snap back to it before jumping into a codex attack-pattern.

edited in a spoiler of the reaction shot; spoilers, its a miss :p

Edited by Slips

Hmmm if youll give it to me, sure, but I went with the assumption that since Solastion just broke out of his frenzy, he'd have to take a second or two to snap back to it before jumping into a codex attack-pattern.

edited in a spoiler of the reaction shot; spoilers, its a miss :tongue.:

:tongue.:  oh lord.

Have you been studying Akkad's marksmanship?  That's where you're going wrong! ;)

Good try boss, good try.  Better get those Dodges ready for Round 5...?

MR.

If only I had a reaction to dodge with since it only refreshes once its my turn again; aka the last person to go :tongue.:

Beg to differ sir.

Reactions are Per Round, not Turn.  Core: 236.

You have a Dodge.

MR.

Fair play!

Post edited (and reinstated.) 

Vaidan is at 0 wounds - by my understanding, he hasn't suffered critical damage yet but it is close.... 

Then again, there are four of you... 

Nothing a quick stab in the neck with a narthecium wont fix!

If only I had a reaction to dodge with since it only refreshes once its my turn again; aka the last person to go :tongue.:

Beg to differ sir.

Reactions are Per Round, not Turn.  Core: 236.

You have a Dodge.

MR.

That's actually not how I've played reactions at all this game... I will adjust, as that does actually give Vaidan a chance to parry the attack damage I've just inflicted... 

Nothing a quick stab in the neck with a narthecium wont fix!

That's the Vampire Spirit! :happy.:

That's actually not how I've played reactions at all this game... I will adjust, as that does actually give Vaidan a chance to parry the attack damage I've just inflicted... 

But we've all been consistent - it has a quality of it's own...

...and he parried! 

Woah!  Alright!  Now someone smoke that damn Stealer!  To hell with it, I'm killing it now! GM, permission to use Akkad's new Reaction to shoot that scrub?

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham