[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Kind of going through his stuff, Tyber's thinking more along the lines of looking at planetary out put over the last twenty to thirty years, a rebellion this big wouldn't just crop up over night, there would be indicators going back over time, like lower recorded birth rates (to account for the mutations), lower food production to help foster the feelings of desperation or possible an increase in over time for the workers to foster a sense of resentment to nobles... that and looking for a good book to read on the trip back.

Woo! 100 pages! Woo!Ā 

Ā 

Steel:

Ā 

On Page 2, Diocles says this:Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

"As Interrogator Ryken mentions, Inquisitrix Lythea of the Ordo Xenos has petitioned us for aid as part of her investigation on Syndalla." The Captain raises a data-slate, though it appears he doesn't need it to recall the details he has committed to memory. "Certain irregularities have brought the planet to the attention to the Inquisition. A rise in the reported rates of children still-born not tallying with the statistics for burials. Reports of riots against the planetary governance. Preachers pronouncing the Emperor's imminent return in a rain of fire and blood. A decline in Imperial tithes. Perhaps each of those on its own is not a cause for concern. The sort of thing that might be resolved by the Adeptus Arbites, or the Astra Militarum. And yet the Inquisitrix's last communication to her agents indicated her belief that the world had fallen under the influence of the xenoform codified as theĀ gene-stealer."

CM, I know the official reports that we were shown, but Tyber was wondering what the Governor's reports show, he wanted to see what was there and compare it to what he could recall from his memory that he had been shown, looking for any irregularity between the two... a way to see if the Governor had been complicit in what was going on, intentionally or not.... As I am sure that more than one source turns in reports to the Administratum.

We can box it all up for Ryken to go through later, I forget the Inquisition had already noticed.Ā  I think we need more important stuff, passcodes to armouries (personal and PDF) the ID codes to open the Astropath tower etc.

Ā 

Steel - am in agreement, I was thinking the same.

Ā 

And the Governor's personal ride to get Ryken to us asap.Ā  Got a plan.

Ā 

And yes, 100 pages!Ā  This is officially the biggest deal in the sub-forum!Ā  Let's keep it rolling chaps - we need another 100 pages in here! :biggrin.:

Ā 

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Sorry to give you more work that you intended CM, I'm just thinking what Tyber would do, while keeping in mind the views of his chapter when it comes to rebels and traitors, he'd want to see how far up the ladder it goes...:sweat:

Ā 

Ā 

Edit:

Ā 

Also Tyber has a distrust of mortals packing the symbol of the Inquistion, so he'd treat data presented by her or her underlings as suspect at best.

Edited by Steel Company

If I may, I'd like to advise not try and delve too deeply Steel - if we start getting bogged down in genealogy we might lose the opportunity to punch stuff! :)

Ā 

You want to punch stuff right? :)

Ā 

Maybe a bit of evidence pointing at a House Leader...maybe shipping in off-worlders...although I'm not wanting to put words into your hands Mol, you run it as you please :)

Ā 

MR

I agree with MR, it doesn't need to be a deep dive, just a more or less if there is any difference in the reports that Tyber had seen against what is here, perhaps something pointing at another house that would likely see advantage over removal of the Governor more than the others, that kind of thing. As for finding a book, just need a name, nothing really beyond that.

I agree with MR, it doesn't need to be a deep dive, just a more or less if there is any difference in the reports that Tyber had seen against what is here, perhaps something pointing at another house that would likely see advantage over removal of the Governor more than the others, that kind of thing. As for finding a book, just need a name, nothing really beyond that.

Ā 

Sounds good to me old son.Ā  Although you could just hang Lord Qurn from the battlements by an ankle....

Ā 

MR.

Ā 

Ā 

Sounds good to me old son.Ā  Although you could just hang Lord Qurn from the battlements by an ankle....

Ā 

MR.

Ā 

Ā 

I could, but Tyber doesn't know whom is whom yet... The only one that he knows on sight is the fat pig, with a melta weapon on his hand... Perhaps the books will give him some idea of whom to look at / into / toss off of a battlement... though I was thinking more of tossing them off of around 20 feet or so, enough to break bones by not kill... after all we can always find more mortals.

I have come to the conclusion that this RPG "session" is full of kleptomaniacs.

Ā 

MR.

Ā 

Not at all...

Ā 

I usually have a collection quirk with a character, in this case Tyber likes books, heck even Akkad has one, taking things from the battle field to fill a keepsake tin after all :wink: .... I once had a D20 post apocalyptic character that collected boots, in came in handy for the party more than once.

Random thought: if the Governor was sitting in that chair while knowing he was being persued, there might be some thing of value somewhere in close proximity...

Ā 

...that or he was under the direct influence of the Broodlord telepathic abilities. :devil:

Ā 

Good to see this still going strong. It's been a good read so far. :tu: