[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

I mean, my gamer paranoia is basically on high alert whenever a GM describes something that makes me go "hmm...wait a minute" but the hardest thing is then not making my character equally as paranoid.

Should've been a Dark Angel then Slips, paranoia is prat and parcel for them.:wink:

I mean, my gamer paranoia is basically on high alert whenever a GM describes something that makes me go "hmm...wait a minute" but the hardest thing is then not making my character equally as paranoid.

Should've been a Dark Angel then Slips, paranoia is prat and parcel for them.:wink:

But Im a staunch loyalist though :huh.:

But Im a staunch loyalist though :huh.:

Better to be pragmatic and keep your options open, then when the dust settles, pledge yourself to the victor... At least that's the version of the Dark Angles I really liked, not a fan of how the chips fell in the HH novels with them...:rolleyes:

Hi all, 

Unless you think there is anything more of any value within the Governor's manse - or you wish to carry out any further actions with the nobles or Lord Vortis, I suggest it's time for things to move on. 

Things it would be useful to do: 

- Burn the Genestealer bodies in the outside courtyard of the manse

- Finish any communications with Interrogator Ryken

- Travel to the Astropath's Tower 

Reyner, if you can post, that would be useful for me. Anyone else, get anything you want down before we can continue. 

Nope, I'm good to move back to the tower, maybe sit back and let the Chimera cut them to pieces?:ph34r.:

Multi laser and what ever hull mount can dish out some serious damage from 150m down range... (page 217 Only War core rule book)

Rather save the Multilaser for anything...possibly....bigger... :wink:

Hull mounted HB and Cadence should make things easier...

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Nope, I'm good to move back to the tower, maybe sit back and let the Chimera cut them to pieces?:ph34r.:

Multi laser and what ever hull mount can dish out some serious damage from 150m down range... (page 217 Only War core rule book)

Rather save the Multilaser for anything...possibly....bigger... :wink:

Hull mounted HB and Cadence should make things easier...

MR.

We'll it's a Multi-laser, not like it has finite or anything... Now if she had the AC then I'd be all about conserving ammo...

I put a placeholder in to sum up Sabaan's part in this episode, so we can move on.

Maybe Sabaan could help identify the Vessel / Ship class .... he has Fleet service as his background, so there might be something there.

Guess this might be the source of the stealer infection?

I am also reading up in the Omnispex..I dim,y recall it adds something to interacting with Servitor. That might come in handy...

Hi all, Nineswords has messaged me to let me know that due to real life issues he will be a bit quieter than usual, so I will pick up the reins for the most part with Greysight - he just might be a bit more of a taciturn hunter again for a while! 

Looking at the thread now to try to force through an update. 

Well that escalated quickly. :teehee:

One of our primary missions is blown, we've got a wierdo ship floating in space somewhere, possibly able to intercept us if we do make it off world, the psychic Broodlord has Greysight's Sulde and can possibly track us, we have no way of tracking it back, via Astropath - which was my plan, we have one Chimera and eight marines.  Going swimmingly.

Loot the corpses, back to the temple, Assault Marines act as outriders so we don't get ambushed, or if we do, we can deploy in good order.  At the moment, our best asset is the Chimera.  We get as many guardsman as we can find, smash the PDF HQ (wherever that is, if it exists, the Arbites Precinct if not) and liberate as much materiel as possible, conscript everyone we can find, seize the spaceport, hold the spaceport.

Ideas anyone?

MR.

That depends if our RKV lander had any armerments or not.. of it did, we might be able to loot more heavy weapons... also it might be a good idea to raid an armory or motor pool of the local guardsmen before smashing the PDF HQ....

But before that we should see inside, perhaps we'll get lucky and make it just in time to save the astropath.

That depends if our RKV lander had any armerments or not.. of it did, we might be able to loot more heavy weapons... also it might be a good idea to raid an armory or motor pool of the local guardsmen before smashing the PDF HQ....

But before that we should see inside, perhaps we'll get lucky and make it just in time to save the astropath.

Well, your guy is the biggest....you go first! :rolleyes: If only we had someone with a flamer...going to be VERY tight quarters in there...(actually that might be an idea - if Reyner lends me his Torch, I have Mighty Shot, adding +2 to damage, I can wander in with you, Varvost and AT....?)

Yeah that was probably an over reaction for him haha! Thought there were more Genestealers coming to the palace xD

There's always more Genestealers...! And....stop giving the GM ideas! :wink:

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Didn't the Servitors have weapons - could salvage some of those ? I think there was talk of power weapons?

Failing that, would Sabaan be able to jury rig some Servitors for additional support?

Also, we should remember that we are not here to win the war by ourselves...

I will hold out for more posts before updating. 

Xin - I think you potentially overestimate Sabaan's abilities - I mean, there might be some Servitors that're undamaged enough to be restored to some level of functionality, but you can't go full Frankenstein - in the main because of the biological components rather than the technological ones. 

With regards to the power weapons, the description seemed to indicate that the weapons were only powered because of some internal connection within the servitor. Without the power connection, they're simply double-handed blades. It would be tricky (though not impossible) for Sabaan to jury-rig a powered blade, but it would be unreliable and liable to lose its powered qualities.