Thousand Sons preorder January.27

Prot

To be fair, naw screw the custodes. Waited over a decade for this. To bring a codex to the table for a legion...and not just living off a general chaos codex. Something that mirrors the BA/DA/SW/DW/GK...nope, we deserve our time in the limelight.

@Ahzek451 right?

I'm not sure firestorm is going to be changed in the codex, i don't know if the production process/GW development process is responsive enough to change it from Chapter Approved to the codex. If it's going to change it will be in the FAQ, me thinks.

I'm looking forward to building my TS army, and I'm glad my DA project has had me occupied for so long, so I didn't buy stuff I would end up not using. Definitely some rubrics and SoT for me, and probably some tzaangors as well. Have 40 cultists, which I'm considering painting as prosperine Spire Guard, just for the coolness of it.

Have we seen rhe boon table? Is it in CSM dex or demon dex? Neither of which i have for 8th and misplaced my index.

Edit. Nevermind, saw on another thread it is in CSM dex.

the boon table is in CSM dex, but it's called chaos boon table. Hikaru said that ours the boon of mutation rolls on tzeentch boon table. Might be the same, might be different...

Yep it's in the CSM Codex and it honestly isn't that bad.

No it's not, we'll have to wait and see what it does. I imagine rolling to make a unit of rubrics a demon prince wouldn't turn out so well.

The spell can be only cast onto characters according to what Hikaru posted

Bummer, but hey lots of other new shinies

I actually like boon of mutation if the table is the same as the normal boon of chaos table. Cast gaze of fate just before it and you can essentially guarantee that you either become a daemon prince or get a flat stat upgrade for the rest of the game, and it can accumulate. It can make ahriman an absolute beast.

Ahriman has a walord trait that gives him 3++, as HIkaru said, so that means that with the result of 9 on the table, he will get +1 to all saving throws, effectively giving him 2++ :biggrin.:

Anything from +1A/W/T/S is great for mid/late game cleaning up and +3M in addition to his speed on disc is great. 

Also turning sorcerers to daemon princes is pretty fun too. Low chance, but when it happens, it will be worth it

I actually like boon of mutation if the table is the same as the normal boon of chaos table. Cast gaze of fate just before it and you can essentially guarantee that you either become a daemon prince or get a flat stat upgrade for the rest of the game, and it can accumulate. It can make ahriman an absolute beast.

Ahriman has a walord trait that gives him 3++, as HIkaru said, so that means that with the result of 9 on the table, he will get +1 to all saving throws, effectively giving him 2++ :biggrin.:

Anything from +1A/W/T/S is great for mid/late game cleaning up and +3M in addition to his speed on disc is great.

Also turning sorcerers to daemon princes is pretty fun too. Low chance, but when it happens, it will be worth it

Typically a forced roll on this chart causes a reroll on spawn or prince....So no super chicken...

Typically a forced roll on this chart causes a reroll on spawn or prince....So no super chicken...

That's even better then, no need to save gaze of fate to re-roll the spawn result.

I think i will give this to an aspiring sorcerer who will just keep buffing ahriman the whole game :D 'May Tzeentch bless you, master!'

If its indeed the same table-its amazing.

The table itself is great, the problem is that to even get a roll you need to pass requirements, and then spend precious CP.

But as a spell? sign me up.

The fact that the most likely result is "the eye opens" that lets you choose your boon is great, of the non transform boons you got:

+6 weapon range, dud.

+3 movement, not amazing but has uses.

+1S not great either, unless you are a sword dude, but its still a bonus.

+1A is pretty good.

-1 to CC attack rolls against you is awesome for a psyker hiding inside a melee while casting.

+1 to all saves is bonkers, especially on anyone with a 3++, but even on a 3+/4++ exalted its bonkers.

+1T is pretty darn good for a T4 dude.

+1W is not much, but every bit helps.

So overall, in 36 rolls you get:

1 bad result (spawn) [-123]

2 useless results (weapon range) [+5]

7 weak results (movement, S) [+10]

7 decent results (W and A) [+15]

8 strong results (T and CC penalty) [+25]

10 amazing results (+1saves and choose, who are basically the same) [+40]

1 results of varied value (daemonhood-the weaker you are, the better it is.) [-10]

Yea, I'd take that spin.

I put in [] bracers above the "point value" of the result, being VERY pessimistic and assuming rather the worst case scenarios that you use the boon on disk ahriman for transformation value, and giving things a pricetag for some things so low its a most-take if you could, the spell still generates on average 93 points worth of value. that's incredible.

And that's before counting possible reroll improving upon the results, making spawnhood nigh-impossible, and increasing the odds for the save bonus by FAR.

Now, the table may very much not be the same table. but if its anything similar-its strong.

The problem in the boon table isn't the table, its the cost to get there.

Yeah, the boon table itself if pretty damn good. The fact that if you get the result you already have, you can choose any other result (except for spawn or daemonhood) makes fonsequtive castings really good.

+3” move is great for late game, especially for Ahriman in disc. +1S and another +1S from a herald could be hilarious to make Ahriman a beat stick (with added diabolical strength too).

+6” to guns is funny, when you can throw them frag grenades 12” away

Boon is wc7 3"(So 6" with trait) pick a friendly thousand son character that's not a demon. Roll 2d6 on a chaos boon table.

Mutalith is a 150pt huruspex but hits on 3s and has the hits on 6 gives him more attacks.

That's pretty exciting I was hoping it would be fast, but that's not very expensive pointwise. Hopefully the buff table is useful.

@Ahzek451 right?

I'm not sure firestorm is going to be changed in the codex, i don't know if the production process/GW development process is responsive enough to change it from Chapter Approved to the codex. If it's going to change it will be in the FAQ, me thinks.

Its tough to say, I would be surprised if the chapter approved stuff is set in stone. I also could see them not being very aggressive with the abilities initially, because they are all new benefits. It really comes down to how big of a lead they had between chapter approved release and the fraction rules that they had came up with. This edition feels a lot older than it is because of the sheer amount of updates its had (Sons are the 13th codex, fourth and fifth didn't have that many and sixth would be tied) it wouldn't be shocking if every fraction gets it codex within a year of the space marine codex in this edition.

The DP result sucks because your character counts a slain and loses a lot. Would be good to cast on a cheap character only but then if you dont get it, you end up putting buffs on a disposable character. Also since Ahriman and Magnus and DP's are Daemons, and disc riding characters also become daemons, i don't know if you will be allowed to cast it on them. Hopefully it only bars Daemon Princes but I could see them banning it from being used on Magnus.

The DP result sucks because your character counts a slain and loses a lot. Would be good to cast on a cheap character only but then if you dont get it, you end up putting buffs on a disposable character. Also since Ahriman and Magnus and DP's are Daemons, and disc riding characters also become daemons, i don't know if you will be allowed to cast it on them. Hopefully it only bars Daemon Princes but I could see them banning it from being used on Magnus.

I hope it works on Ahriman/exalted on disc. But if not Ahriman on foot is cheaper than on disc, so i'll take him on foot :)

Archived