Angelus no more... Malevolence is Now!

Charlo

No, as they've been writing the Imperial Armour: Talons book. They're aiming for the next HH Weekender for Book 8, so it's likely to be early February of 2019.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I don't give a :cuss because I play IW but

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:cuss

:cuss

It's one year now and we still miss him.

Because he had made it by now.

Because he was awesome.

Maybe even more because I read a LOT of his stuff.

R.I.P. Alan.

Malevolence will be out early 2019 and not end of 2018?

Really?

And the book about Dar... ehm... Delayed Angels when will be out? End 2030? :D

I am just curious to see how many delayed Malevolence and the following books will have...

The more i see (books delayed, models dissapearing) the more i think that FW is just completing the HH project cause they had to do It and not because they believe on it anymore

Malevolence will be out early 2019 and not end of 2018?

Really?

And the book about Dar... ehm... Delayed Angels when will be out? End 2030? :D

I am just curious to see how many delayed Malevolence and the following books will have...

The more i see (books delayed, models dissapearing) the more i think that FW is just completing the HH project cause they had to do It and not because they believe on it anymore

I guess lots of people underestimate how big a loss the passing of Alan was.

That guy was the main force who drove the HH onwards. He wrote most of the stuff and was involved in almost any working step of the Heresy. It's no wonder at all, that the progress is slowed down so much. Remember that a black book is more than ten pages of rules. It has hundreds and hundreds of pages containing cool fluff, artworks and so on. Without the main and maybe only writer it is very hard to pull of. FW has to compensate and find a new way of doing that without loosing the quality.

I thought they changed legions specifically because the Dangles needed more work, tbh at this point it's more a lack of staff with only 2/3 staff trying to keep up with 40k AND produce heresy stuff at the same time and huge shoes to fill, I may be grumpy at their results but I can respect the fairly awful situation they appear to be in.

Let's face it, it makes sense to have the book released at the Weekender with a slew of models and news in the seminars. Just makes a real event of it.

Plus, it never was gonna come out this year. Every book FW has announced has been delayed at least a bit from what i remember, so late 2018 was always going to slip to 2019.

French wrote as well, but he's also writing heaps for BL.

It sounds like he’s still involved, though not as much as in books 1-3, according to his recent interview on the Combat Phase podcast.

Andy Hoare wrote the Autek Mor story in book 6 (and probably others); I don’t know if he’s still actively writing but I’d guess so.

I'm not sure I like the direction that FW are taking the 'unique legions'.

Talons of the Emperor should never have existed until the Siege, and even then, it doesn't take an idiot to work out how absurdly OP they were. You'd have to actively ignored any knowledge of rules or concept of how the game is played to have made them as they are.

Throw in the ridiculous basic errors in the rules, like being able to wound vehicles, or what exactly a Misericorde does.

The two Primarchs are a joke powerwise (Magnus 36" dealing 2d6 Destroyer hits to every target within 36" makes me giggle) and way off key with much of the stuff that had come before, even considering that there will be some aspect of power creep.

Then the general mess of how the rules were written and displayed.

Book 7 is the one of the worst put together books in FW history. You compare how good Taros, Beta Anphelion IV, Vraks and Badab were, and then think how even at its lowest ebbs, Kastorel Novem is still a reasonably engaging read, and the campaign is fun..

Then you see some up and coming rules, like the Arcus Tank, or the notRhino SA vehicle, and you think golly gee are FW thinking?

Book 7 misses out on huge amounts of everything that made the previous books good, and are as big a mistep as making Knight Households, Primarchs anything other than Scenario specific doods, Zealot Rending 100pt Cultist Hordes, Book 2, and Buffing Veterans.

The story wasn't even that well written or interesting.

Book 7 is a shambles.

Whats wrong with Knight Households ?

Play against them with a Centurion list, and you'll know what he meant.

I fully agree on book 7. Although I like the Sisters and most of the VI. army list there is so much bull:cuss in there.

But why would you ever play against knights with a centurion list? A centurion list is designed for a game style where knights don't exist.

Fair enough.

Play with a not tailored list against Knights then. ;)

Why should anynoe not tailor their list vs knights? :)

Because you might have a generic all comers list at an event or something.

I played all Knights with my Custodes and that is a POOR matchup. Stomps hurt.

Why should anynoe not tailor their list vs knights? :)

I don't say tt is impossible to beat them, but you have to change your army. The game is based around MEQ vs MEQ. If one side is different the whole system doesn't work probably anymore. Regular marines are apart from being scoring all but useless against knights and that is where the problems start. Same with the golden dudes.

Of course you can beat them, but it doesn't feel good.

It's an uphill battle, yes. But then, so is a fight against a (pure Custodes) Talons of the Emperor army.

On the other hand, fighting the typical Legion (net-) list of our current time (Sicaran variants, Veterans, podding Leviathan times two) is only marginally easier and sure is more boring, if you ask me.

Also, with the re-introduction of multi Melta-Bombing in close assault, fighting Knights has become more viable again.

The problem at the basis of HH is that is based on 7th edition that is one of the worst ever for 40k

While we are playing SM vs SM it still works but when we introduce something in the mix all the limitations and ugliness of the 7th edition comes alive

We must live with that unless FW Will switch 30K to a better set of rules

Archived