MR (Akkad) / CM(GM)

Tyber again tried to shift as much as he could in his locked plate, bringing up what systems he could to try and get an idea of what was going on.

+This is taking too long, one way or another this exercise should have been completed by now.+ He sighed, a four on four engagement that was now a two on three as far as he knew should not take this long.

SC (Tyber) / CM (GM) / Dos (KV):

+This is taking too long, one way or another this exercise should have been completed by now.+

Akkad had to concede that Tyber had a point, in spite of all the chicanery that both Demi-squads had exhibited, it did not take a group of Astartes long to murder anything they turned their attention to.  His earlier unease returned.  Pressure and atmospheric data scrolled in cuneiform across his retina in lurid orange, the Low Gothic supplementing with words not native to Badab.  To try and reassure himself if not the big Marine, he spoke to at least acknowledge the mutual concern.

+Stand by, I am going to check.+

The whole compartment was registering as if there was a chemical compound in the air, then more subtle warnings about it closing around them.  His armour registered the touch of something viscous and oxygen suppressing.  His jaw set and his brow furrowed.  Had there been a fire?  Accidents in training were not unknown.  He data-mined the vault of his armour seeking something telling, but communications to the others had been severed after the power went out and the gravity vanished - the noospheric relay had reset.  Akkad, Tyber and maybe Thorvald were on their own.  He blink-clicked emergency mode, trying not to compromise the exercise - if it carried on - but needing to know.

/// Select Auto-sense...

/// Ocular override - amber - augur externis...

/// Wait...wait...

/// Active

The lenses of his helm flared emerald but for a second, then switched to low power.  He could see...what in the name of...? He quickly dipped into emergency channels of the Voice of Thunder.  After some static, he heard the cold, calm voice of the main beacon telling him all was well.  Realisation dawned.

+ Have you ever been inside an Auto-lavage cycle Tyber? + He said it mainly to alleviate his own worries, voice soft, faintly rhetorical and bordering on humour.  + My plate could use a wash + He chuckled.

He tried to splice into Khyber's communications the same way as he had Tyber, but got nothing bar white noise.  The Novamarine could be well out of range or he himself could be suppressed by the foam, but he tried anyway, formality biting down softly onto his manner.

+ Brother Vaidan, how goes the bout?  Please at least tell me we've not been caulked? + He used the Naval term, hoping Vaidan would catch it.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

MR (Akkad) / CM (GM) / Dos (KV)

+My plate could use a wash.+

Tyber thought for a moment before speaking, +I cannot say that I have. Our ships practice venting compartments to space to deal with large fires. Other than that, the closest I have come has been being ejected from a Razor back when the plasma weapon canisters were detonated due to weapons fire.+ He recalled the aches in his muscles after the violence of that forced ejection, through the closed side hatch of Razor back 212. He had been the last to enter and would be the first to exit when they got to their destination, as was the tradition of the most junior squad member being last to enter and first to exit.

Tyber gives a little chuckle at the memory for the first time, +Despite the damage sustained from the ignited plasma, it did do a good job at scouring any dirt and contamination from that old Maximus pattern armour I had then.+

Edited by Steel Company

>>ROUND 10 CONTINUES<<

Initiative Order (AG+D10)

Solastion: (2x3) + 10 = 16 (FATE POINT)

Vârvost: 4 + 10 = 14 (FATE POINT) 

Sabaan: 4 + 8 = 12 

Greysight: 4 + 4 = 8 

Atratus: 6 + 1 = 7

The cargo hold, thick with globules of fire-suppressing foam, is a nuisance to traverse, but a minor one to warriors that have endured as much as the Astartes. The lack of gravity is swiftly dealt with and the demi-squad under the command of Solastion quickly regroups at the doorway to the chamber. The Sanguinary Priest's gauntleted fist hovers over the activation rune, waiting for the moment to strike. The two Assault Marines behind him regroup efficently and effectively - Varvost demonstrating a discipline that perhaps encourages you to revise your opinion of him somewhat. 

>>ROUND 10 ENDS<<

As the squad behind him regroups, he smashes his fist down on the rune... 

>>ROUND 11 BEGINS<<

Vârvost: 4 + 10 = 14 (FATE POINT) 

(GM: For ease and narrative progress I'm going to fudge a few things here so we can speed things up a little. I'm doubtful that in this circumstance, against these enemies, that a regroup action would disallow overwatch - although I will impose a penalty on it)

As the door to the chamber rises, Greysight and Sabaan see the black-armoured form of Varvost shouldering through. Any battle-cry or oath that may have been on his lips is quickly eradicated by the detonation of the cluster mines at his feet. (GM: He rolled a 97 for his awareness test)  Through the amber-hued display of the combat simulation you see the mines exploding in a flash of light that consumes the Eradicator. 

Cluster Mines against Varvost:

4D10 X Pen 4 Damage: 30 damage, Pen 4 against armour 9 and TB8 = 17 damage. 

Combined with the 16 damage from Akkad and Thorvald, that's enough to leave him critically damaged and out of the match. 

IN THEIR THOUSANDS they came through the smoked-soaked rains, and they came for us. Filthy, slab-muscled greenskins stained by ash and fire bellowing their guttural war cries as if they knew we were the last.

The campaign had been a disaster. The calculations of the Adeptus Mechanicus were woefully inaccurate and the greenskin threat was exponentially larger than anticipated. Phalanxes were reduced to scrap and the ordu diminished. The Storm Sons have never gathered in large numbers, such is our lot in our service to the Emperor of All, but to see forty-five Sons cut down in days was an irreplaceable loss to the chapter's fighting strength.

Encircled, we set up a perimeter and had taken whatever refuge we could in the still-burning ruins of a minor settlement. Devoid of civilians, its population had been massacred for sport and sustenance by the greenskins to sate the insatiable appetite for violence that characterised their unholy jihad across the stars.

Lightning flashed through the rain, illuminating the greenskins as they marched, their war cries synchronised with the thumping and slurping of hob nailed boots through the black mud.

I stood with Khoisal on the first floor of a nondescript office that offered a paltry amount of cover, but its elevated position was ideally suited to pick off the enemy when they rushed us. It wouldn’t be long before the inevitable charge.

‘Hell’s teeth Cloud, I have a beggar’s sum of ammunition,’ moaned Khoisal, checking the last of his rounds.

‘It will be blade work soon,’ I agreed.

Khoisal craned his head to get a visual on Ulaansar and the others who were left. The hum of the rain was interrupted by the chatter of stubber fire, sending splinters of rubble high into the air. With a roar of triumph, the orks began their last charge.

‘Down! Do—‘ yelled Khoisal, before a round detonated inside his helmet, the force pirouetting Khoisal’s entire body before flopping uselessly onto the dust strewn floor.

Snarling a curse, I snatched my brother’s last clip of bolter rounds and made my way to the top of the stairs and away from the window, which was quickly being reduced to rubble by the sustained fire. Below, the first of the greenskins had already reached our position.

Firing single shots, my first vaporises an ork’s head with a satisfying pop. Bellowing, six brutes bound across the room below, upturning tables and parchments as they make their way towards the stairs. My second and third shots stop two more, though one had simply shrugged off an obscene amount of damage to its face and stumbled behind its pack.

The resilience of the orks is astonishing, and five of them were storming up the stairs to tear me in half.

I keep firing as the first takes half the staircase in a single leap. There was a click before the thunderous discharge of cluster mines was accompanied by a whoosh and a white —

— flash, decompressing air hurling back the Eradicator away from the hatchway. Vârvost’s zero-gravity trajectory was violently cut short as he ricocheted into a drifting cargo crate.

Two to go.

Edited by Nineswords

Another brother rushing into the fray without care for there possibly being traps or danger...

Sigh.

Another one more akin to Amit than Azkaellon. He thought to himself.

Solastion has seen and dealt with the aftermath of his fair share of Battle-Brothers from the Crimson Knights doing the same either due to naivete, inexperience or being caught in the throes of the curse. Their geneseed was always the most difficult to extract.

And here he was once again. As the mines exploded, his reductor and narthecium strapped to his forearm, out of reflex born from experience, were quickly ejected from their casing and set active before the reality of the situation, this being a training exercise, reaffirmed itself on him and he retracted the implements back into their mounting.

Its just me and Atratus now. Hopefully brother varvost will have cleared all the mines.

"Well, it seems our brother's impetuousness has forced our hand. Cover me, I'm going in. Its time this exercise come to an end."

At this point, I'm basically going to stop using spoilers :tongue.:

I will mention that Solastion has a Diagnostor Helmet which essentially gives him some X-ray vision potential as well as the benefits of a preysense sight should it be relevant.

As a Free action, Solastion will use his "Scion of Sanguinius Ability" to go into a Frenzy. This gives Solastion +10 Weapon Skill, Strength, Toughness and Willpower which are now:

56, 60, 59 and 63 respectively. Ballistic Skill and Intelligence, however are now -20 lowering them to 29 and 20 respectively.

He will then attempt to launch himself off the wall and basically attempt to get into melee with either Sabaan or Greysight; whoever is closer. If possible, he will charge his target otherwise, he will use the Run action to get as far as he can.

If he can charge:

Charge?: 1d100 18 vs WS 66 (56 + 10 charge) for 4 DoS.

Frenzied Attack Damage?: 1d10+17 21

Tearing: 1d10+17 25

Rending Damage, Pen 3 to their Right Leg 18 -> 81

Atratus waited patiently at the door. Three against two, and one co-ordinated strike should see this resolved.

Solastion vox was open, Varvost moved to join, and Atratus pinned himself high on the wall with jets half open ready to propel himself forwards at his brothers command.

The command did not come. Too soon Solastion opened the door as Varvost charged into another trap, too soon Solastion followed him through the smoke into a hail of bolt rounds. Advantage turned to disadvantage and planning to folly, now brute force would settle things.

A thought set his armour to task as the jump pack screamed into life hurling him high into the room after Solastion.

No regroup :/ Fingers crossed, it's all in then.

Solastion should make the charge easily though between burst of speed and his bonuses, if we survive overwatch we should grind them down... and if we act first it's at least only one of them shooting - charge the guy on overwatch and watch out for the servo claw and krak-grenade punches  :p

If Atratus can see one of them holding the skull he'll go straight for them, hoping that Solastion does the same, and try to bring the two skulls together if possible (with feat of strength if needed to do more than touch them together)

If the skull is not present he will charge whoever Solastion did not.

Attack roll D100 = 57

Damage roll D10 = 7

Hit the right leg with 2 DoS for 21 damage, Pen 4

The rogue servitors were broken things. They were driven by corrupted code and degraded logic routines. But they had numbers and knew that their prey was boxed in. The thrill of of the hunt drove them now, the wreckage of their neural rerouting promised what little dopamaninergic satisfaction the fulfillment of their aberrant existence could still provide. They closed on Nycax position, exchanging excited blurrs of scrap code. They pounced.

A bright flash cut through the darkness.

The roar of displaced air and the staccato of debris interrupted the rhythm of the storm shortly. The acidic rain intensified and the thunder rolled as the atmosphere of Holy Mars re-established it's dominance. Rubble and debris shifted as Sabaan dug himself slowly out the side of the dune in which he had buried himself earlier. He offered a silent prayer of gratitude to the remains of the ancient fusion core turned booby trap. They could rest now knowing they had fulfilled their duty. Sabaan turned and marched into the storm. His own duty was far from done...

A bright flash cut through the darkness.

The Eradictor spiraled out into the cargo bay. He made a laudable attempt to convey the impression of an out of control fighter craft.

The Sons of Sanguinus. Nycax grunted. Always such Artists. As the status rune blinked out, Sabaan's armour grunted approvingly. Nycax filed the data away for later assessment. His demolition work was obviously in need of improvement. The mine had taken out a single opponent and thus achieved fundamental mission parameters. Still, it was satisfactory for this child's game. A numbers game. Sabaan was already adjusting the Calculus. Better.

He hefted his weapon. There were still some adjustments to make

OOC

Sabaan will set up a firing position covering the door with the heavy stubber.

Overwatch. Full auto.

Please keep in mind that he has access to an exceptional bionic eye and that the servoarm is free to react in possible close combat.

>>ROUND 11 CONTINUES<<

Solastion charges Sabaan... 

Sabaan fires the heavy stubber looted from a fallen servitor on overwatch: 

Sabaan BS (51) firing on full auto (+20).

Sabaan rolls a 39 (HIT) (+3 Additional hits)

Hit 1 (Left Leg) - 2D10+4 Dam (Pen 2) - 16 damage

Hit 2 (Right Leg) - 2D10+4 Dam (Pen 2) - 11 damage  

Hit 3 (Body) - 2D10+4 Dam (Pen 2) - 14 damage

Hit 4 (Left Arm) - 2D10+4 Dam (Pen 2) - 9 damage 

(Solastion has TB10 and Armour 8 (10 on body) meaning none of the shots will penetrate.) 

Solastion opts not to dodge as he crashes into the techmarine... 

Solastion strikes for 25 damage (Pen 3) to the Right Leg

Sabaan has TB8 and armour 9 (17) - with Pen 3, he reduces the damage to 11. 

As his reaction, Sabaan attacks with his servo-arm (WS 46) - 2 (HIT) 

Servo-Arm causes 2D10+14 (Pen 10) Damage to the 64 (Body)

10(RF FAIL)+8+14 = 32 damage, Pen 10

Solastion has armour 10 (Reduced to 0) and TB10 which reduces the damage to 22. (This leaves Solastion on one wound!) 

As the servo-arm strikes true, Sabaan brings the heavy stubber down, using it as an improvised club... 

Sabaan swings the heavy stubber as a club against Solastion (WS46) - 43 (HIT) 

1D10+5 Dam (+8 SB) hits to the body (22 damage) Pen 0 

As his reaction, Solastion attempts to dodge with AG33 (2 - SUCCESS) 

Atratus charges through the door, coming face-to-face with Greysight - a bolter in each fist! 

Greysight fires his own bolter: BS40(+10 for Semi-Auto Burst) 34 (HIT)

Greysight fires Sabaan's bolter: BS40(+10 for Semi-Auto Burst) 23 (HIT) (+1 additional hit) 

Atratus will use his reaction to dodge: AG50 (81 MISS) 

Damage for the first shot: 1D10+9 (Pen 4)  8+9 (17) to the 43 (Body)

Damage for the second shot: 1D10+9 (Pen 4) 10+9 (19)  to the 32 (Body) - Righteous Fury (23 SUCCESS) +7 

17 Damage (Pen 4) to the body (TB8 and Armour 9(5) reduce the damage to 4)

26 Damage (Pen 4) to the body (TB8 and Armour 9(5) reduce the damage to 13)

Atratus sustains 17 damage. 

The Raptor shoulders his way through the curtain of bolter fire, raising his chainsword to strike at the Storm Son... 

Atratus strikes Greysight: 

Attack Roll 57 (SUCCESS) 

Damage: 21 (Pen 4) to the right leg. 

Greysight uses his reaction to dodge the attack: AG43 (86 FAIL) 

Greysight has TB8 and Armour 8, reducing the damage to 5.

Combat continues... 

>>ROUND 11 ENDS<<

>>ROUND 11 BEGINS<<

Edited by Commissar Molotov

The weight of fire was unexpected. The others had withdrawn to a defensive position faster than could be believed, clearly well prepared while he and Solastion stumbled into yet another trap. Their disorganisation had cost them two brothers to simple trickery and even this last act tainted by the shame of not sensing their deceptions until too late.

Patience had been met with only failure. Feeling an uncharacteristic anger Atratus pushed against his armour as it slowed in response to the simulated hits. No more tactics, only blade on blade.

Allowing his momentum to carry him into his target Atratus lashed out with blow after blow giving his opponent at any opening provided, driving Greysight back.

DM:

Fate point to restore D10 wounds = 7, leaving Atratus with one left (save to reroll a dodge against a servo armour or krak punch)

Activate feat of strength.

*If required - parry D100 = 47 = success, counterattack D100 = 4 = success, body for 6 + 18 (total 24) pen 4

Full action swift attack with chainsword & combat dagger

Attack rolls 49, 48, 32  (target 53)

Hit 1: Left leg for 7 + 18 (total 25) pen 4

Hit 2 : Right leg for 10 + (righteous fury hit 5, damage 7) + 18 (total 35) pen 4

Hit 3 : Left arm for 9 + 16 (total 25) pen 2

I don't know if you are running Atratus at his old initiative or at Varvosts init so I included the parry

The wind being, quite literally, knocked out of him as the giant metallic pincer that was Sabaans Servo-Arm punches (or clamps onto him?) him square in the chest, this plastons Aquila denting, cracking and chipping off in places, Solastion, now seeing red, redoubles his efforts in an attempt to finish this fight before the Techmarine can swing his cybernetic limb at him again.

Solastion will perform the following Half-Actions:

Feint = Opposed Weapon Skill Test. If Solastion wins, his next attack cannot be dodged or parried.

Standard Attack.

Feint: 1d100 91 Boo. Thats 3 DoF. Per the BRB on page 203, unless Sabaan also fails - at which point we re-roll until theres a 'winner' - it looks like Solastion's feint fails.

Standard Attack: 1d100 20 vs WS 56 for 3 DoS. 20 -> 02 which is a headshot.

Chainsword Damage: 1d10+17 18

Tearing: 1d10+17 20 going with the tearing roll. 20 Rending Damage, Pen 3 to the head.

Solastion will save his last fate point to reroll a Dodge Test vs Sabaans Servo-Arm.

SC (Tyber) / CM (GM) / Dos (KV):

+Despite the damage sustained from the ignited plasma, it did do a good job at scouring any dirt and contamination from that old Maximus pattern armour I had then.+

The chuckle made a return over the vox to Tyber + A hot wash then+ the smile in the voice unmistakable.

Maximus pattern armour?  A rare and precious suit for such a young warrior to be entrusted with.  Akkad revised his opinion slightly of the big Marine.  Perhaps luck, the Emperor and his Chapter saw something in the youth.  He was capable surely, but given a choice between a brother who was lucky and one who was skilled - a lucky one was better to be around.  A mental nod of affirmation manifested in his jaw shifting sideways to paint a pensive countenance across a frowning brow - a man destined for great things perhaps.  It was something to take in stride and no bad thing - a good omen then - if one believed in such things.  He gave an inward derisory snort, Daon, you've held on to less in a foxhole.  The satisfaction of feeling friendship with Tyber increased upon his ruminations.

He tried to flex, to relax some of his bunched muscles but the damn suit was still locked up tight.  He was hoping this wasn't going to go on much longer.  His voice became sincere for a moment.  To take his mind off the cramp he posed another question, one he hoped was more pertinent and did not risk probing.

+Have you had a chance to study our real foe at all, Ahu? I have briefly scanned the Inquisitor's report...but find it short on detail.+ He forced a slightly dark sarcasm into his last words, leaving no doubt that such a thing was all too common for the Inquisition.

MR.

MR (Akkad) / CM (GM / Dos (KV)

+Have you had a chance to study our real foe at all, Ahu? I have briefly scanned the Inquisitor's report...but find it short on detail.+

Tyber thought on that question, what was his true enemy? The Legion had instructed him that the true enemy was ignorance and superstition, as they were bringing the Imperial Truth to the lost worlds of humanity, all other enemies were temporary distractions to be crushed under their boots and treads.

+That is a perplexing question, Ahu. How can one study ignorance and superstition, without eliminating it in the process?+ His voice was light, almost bordering on amused, before switching tones to a more serious one as he shifted the subject +However I take it to mean that you are referring the target of this mission we are sent on.+

+These Genesteelers, they seem to be a contradiction. They are a finely tuned weapon of war which prefers subtlety and infiltration before launching an all-out assault. These tactics seem to illustrate them to be more than base animals that require extermination, as such I have to wonder how we will find the nest and destroy it quickly and effectively.+ again he pauses, looking for something from his own limited experience that could be applicable.

+From the recordings I’ve studied, they seem to prefer attacking from unexpected avenues… not unlike Necron Flayed Ones… Yet unlike the those foes, these Genesteelers do not seem predisposed to wear the flesh of those that they fell.+

SC (Tyber) / CM (GM) / Dos (KV): This is turning into some kind of litany...!

+From the recordings I’ve studied, they seem to prefer attacking from unexpected avenues… not unlike Necron Flayed Ones… Yet unlike the those foes, these Genesteelers do not seem predisposed to wear the flesh of those that they fell.+

Akkad stifled a gruff bark.  What else did he expect from a Son of the Lion?  Straight up and down, a good foil for the Badabian, who thought in intricate mazes of politics when not filling the air with mass-reactive death.

+ I ask because you had the courage to speak about your inexperience and would share mine.  You spoke well - ignorance is defeat.  Yet for your lack of grasp Tyber, all you say relates to the Genestealer.+  He paused a moment to let what he was about to say have weight.  His tone level, not lecturing, but informative, instructive.

+You are correct - but one thing you omit, although probably have noticed, is their speed.  They are Fast.  You would not believe it just to look at them - they look awkward do they not?  On the ground, across sand, ice, scree, sheer metal plating - cunning, devious and hard to kill - even harder to hit.  Sometimes they will come alone and try to snatch or kill a brother in a stalk, a war of nerves that lasts for hours...+ His tone became dark and slightly cool, inferring his hatred of the alien.

+Sometimes they come in a ravenous, scything horde of boulder-cracking chitin that loosens the teeth, echoing across the halls of dead starships like a monster waking from hell. Slavering maws and razor-sharp talons.  Armour does not resist them and murder does not satisfy them...+  He took a steadying breath, seeing in his mind's eye the decks and halls of the hulks he had walked, where their spoor had befouled the honest work of human hands.  His tone suggested he was speaking from those memories - from far away in another life.

+...and oh, but they love the dark.  You have marked well the enemy of superstition and ignorance, for these are weapons of the beasts we will fight.  Worry not about how to find them, for they will most likely find us.+  He allowed Tyber to absorb this before speaking again, pulling away from reverie and poetic term, once more becoming the teacher.

+Like the...Necrons...?+ He stumbled a moment over the word, +They too have a hunger for flesh, although they seek to invade it, pervert it.  Look for the tell-tale marks of the beast upon the skin of the infected - a favourite area is the neck - a bloody red weal.  In combat - especially you Ahu, beware the reflexive death-strike, for you may sever the head and still the spawn may still disembowel you.+  The threatening frost suddenly melted again and his spirit shifted from under the cloud.

+Although you may actually have a chance with them.  They do not carry Krak grenades.+  A smile split his face from ear to ear and no matter how cold and calculating the Vox spirit was, it could not steal it.

MR.

MR (Akkad) / CM (GM) / Dos (KV)

+Although you may actually have a chance with them.  They do not carry Krak grenades.+

Tyber started to give a deep laugh at that before speaking +Aye, they do not. However from what I have seen some of them that seem to carry spores that would be along the lines of infectious frag grenades…. I think you miss understand about the Necrons Ahu, they seem to hate life, rather than crave flesh… only their Flayed Ones seem to seek it out, to ware it as a cloak over their metal bodies… Though oddly the Warrior and Immortal sub types I have fought seem to go out of their way to avoid the Flayed Ones, even turning their weapons on them should they get too close.+

Give more thought to Akkad’s words, Tyber paused before continuing on +I thank you for the advice Ahu, and I shall heed it and try to not over commit when facing them. I will admit, these creatures seem to operate in a method that is counter to the ways I have learned to do battle, skulking around in shadows and fighting like assassins is not…+ he pauses, almost halting himself from speaking of something he should not be speaking of. Telling himself, do not speak of the Legion to outsiders, it has caused us more issues than we care to admit with the mortal’s Inquisition.

Taking a moment to center himself and his thoughts, he continues +it is not a practice that we are well equipped to engage in, our plate does not lend itself well to such actions. In this coming battle, we are going to be on the defensive, a duty better served to the Imperial Militia. We are Astartes, we are tools for offensive operations… If there was a way to track these beasts once we repel the inevitable ambush we could hunt them down and put their nest to the flame.+

He bit back a snort, fighting shadows is not something he was trained in, it was not something the Legion practiced doing, such things were better left to the 8th, 19th and 20th legions… though with a descendant of the 19th with them, perhaps one of their number would be apt in such conflicts. Along with Akkad’s advice, Atratus would prove an invaluable resource, likely able to spot possible ambush locations before this new squad would stumble into one.

As Solastion charged, Sabaan opened fire with the salvaged heavy stubber. It was an ugly thing, still partially connected to the wreckage of the servitor' supper body. The Iron Hand aimed the Servitor remains at the oncoming Astartes like some sort of mad ventriloquist. The imagery was lost on both of them. Their Autosenses simulated the impacts on the pristine Armor of the Apothecary. For all the effort the simulus put into reproducing the weapon's wailing sound and flashing imitation of tracer fire, it did little to slow his opponent. For all purposes, Sabaan could have sprayed Solastion with more of the increasingly ubiquitous fire fighting foam. He snarled in frustration at this ineffectiveness. The servitor-stubber-amalgam in his hands ignored his rising ire and continued it's enthusiastic, if unimpressive' discharge of simulus projectiles with lobotomized non-chalance. It's ennui towards it's own failing did little to help Sabaan in reigning in his anger.

Should have brought more explosives. The not-quite-thought ran through his mind as the charge connected.

The Apothecary's chainsword rose and fell through a perfect shape of the letter Eight, cleaving low, biting into his leg plate. Or would have. While the simulus provided the sound, Sabaan's senses still registered the weapon inert, the chain teeth unmoving. In a way, it was like fighting with sticks and stones. Yet his warplate dutifully simulated the damage. Play or not,it was a solid attack. Nycax grunted in appreciation. Not only was the strike obviously designed to unbalance him but also to take advantage of his still mostly organic lower motion set-up. In a way, it was adding insult to injury. He felt his anger rising again. The meager simulation denied him even the purity of real pain while still reminding him of the frailty of his transhuman flesh. In his frustration , he clubbed the remains of the gun-servitor into his opponent. Something snapped inside it with a sickly crunching sound. Milky fluid sprayed away in strings of miniature globes. The Apothecary was unmoved. Even in this blunt capacity, the salvaged servitor managed to fail. Pathetic.

As if in response to his anger, Sabaan felt his servoarm streak over his shoulder. It struck the Apothecary soundly in the chest. Or should have. There was no real force of impact behind it. Solid hit, his Armour reported, likewise unimpressed. The close combat simulation fueled Sabaan's anger. The sneaking around had been bad enough. It reminded him of his service as a Scout. Unblooded. Illogical. Base. In a way, this made it worse. It felt sickenly childish. Sabaan only dimly remembered his childhood. Life on Medusa did not lend itself to simple child's play and little time to waste pretending to fight with sticks or stones. He could not remember if there even had been any kind of "make belief" to it. A child of Medusa learned to fight. He remembered the ends of the metal rods had been sharpened to a point and the edges of the stones had been very sharp. This was blunted. Unreal. Soft. Weak.

He had chained his anger, his disdain, to this point. For a moment, there was the temptation to just disengage the simulus and have his Armour circle to live. Teach them a lesson. There was something purefying in the thought. Very Avernii. He fought the impulse down. He had taken the oath. But the furnace of his anger needed to be vented. So, in the face of the raging Descendant of the Angel he allowed his ire to rise up in a cold, guided fury.

Sabaan will trigger his passive chapter solo mode "suffer no weakness", which means he gains the Hatred trait towards Solastion.

Since we are unsure of the Servo Arm rules, here my options:

If it is as used last turn, Sabaan will use the ServitorStubber remains to Parry and trust in the reaction move to finish Solastion.

Alternatively, if a parry /reaction ServoArm is not possible, he will drop the Servitor//Stubberthing and draw his combat knife, sacrificing his action thus to retain the reactionary servoarm attack.

Use Fate as appropriate -either to ensure Solastion goes down or to keep Sabaan in the fight (I'm still unsure of Sabaan's endurance here)

>>ROUND 12 CONTINUES<<

SOLASTION:

Solastion fails his feint with a 91 (3 DoF) - Sabaan's opposed roll is WS46: (13 PASS) - so the feint fails. 

Solastion makes an attack (20 PASS) to the 02 (HEAD) 

Sabaan attempts to make a dodge (AG43) - 95 (FAIL) 

20 Damage (Pen3) to the Head - Sabaan has TB8 and Armour 9(6) - reduces the damage to 6. 

With the damage of 11 from last turn and the 6 this turn, Sabaan has lost 17 of his 22, so 5 wounds remaining.

SABAAN:

Sabaan attacks with the servo-arm once again: WS46 (93 - FAIL)  FATE POINT REROLL (8 - PASS) 

Solastion dodges using AG33: (44 - FAIL) FATE POINT REROLL (15 - PASS) 

Solastion dodges the attack (with no fate points remaining.)

Because the tension of finding out if Solastions rolls do him in this turn or not is killing me, I'll just do it now so that I can go "WOOO" or "SANGUINIUS WHY!?"

As Solastions chainsword twangs audibly off of Sabaans helmet, due to the zero-gravity environment, instead of remaining planted firmly on the ground upon which he stood, his swings inertia and momentum carries his body a few more inches forward than he was used to as as he attempts to right himself and compensate, he feels the techmarines servo-arm scrape across his right leg causing his whole leg to vibrate due to how powerful - despite being under training protocols - the mechanical appendage was.

Reacting faster than any mortal could ever hope to, Solastion brought his sword back with a backhand swing towards the techmarines head.

Feint: 1d100 35 2 DoS for Solastion with Weaponskill 56 due to Frenzy

And, at the last moment brings down the chainsword across the techmarines chest.

Standard Attack: 1d100 4 5 Dos; 04 -> 40 = Body hit.

Chainsword Damage: 1d10+17 26 -> Taking this damage roll; 26 Rending Damage Pen 3 to the chest.

Tearing: 1d10+17 23

Unless Sabaan can get more than 2 DoS on his part of the opposed WS test to beat Solastion, he won't be able to dodge or parry this next hit.

But, I'm out of FPs and if RNGesus determines that I won't be dodging anytime soon, Sabaan can probably (very likely) take me out at the same time with a reaction hit from his Servo-Arm.

Despite the cramped conditions Greysight was able to slip away, leading Atratus on a chase about the bay. Each seemed evenly matched as Greysights attempts to bring his weapons fully to bear were met with sword and knife, while each attempt by the Raptor to push his advantage was cut short as the barrels of Greysights weapons came up forcing him to evade.

A blow stuck at the legs caused Greysight to stumble, not enough to cause real harm as the next blow clashed against his boltgun jamming the mechnism. Using the momentum to spin away his return fire at such close range was lethal... almost lethal. Red runes flickered on Atratus' display as the strained machine spirit seemed of two minds as to whether the simulated strikes had landed cleanly.

Not waiting for its calculations to conclude Atratus launched himself once more at Greysight ...

Actions for Round 12 (re-using original rolls from the old post).

Free attack as Greysight moves away - hit left leg, damage 25, pen 4

Actual attack - hit right leg, damage 35, pen 4

----------

Round 13 : If Greysight moves away again Atratus will use his free attempt to Grapple to prevent the move

-roll for potential free action: 50 = pass, though Greysight can dodge/parry it.

>>ROUND 12 CONTINUES<<

Greysight carries out a Semi Auto Burst (move up to AG bonus in metres and attack:)

Atratus gains a free attack on Greysight as he leaves combat: <<hit left leg, damage 25, pen 4>>

Greysight's TB8 and Armour 8(4) reduce the damage by 12 to 13 (13/22 Wounds)

Greysight carries out his Semi Auto Burst: 

Two Bolter shots: 

Bolter One (BS40+10SAB, +10 Shot Range, -20 Dual Wielding, +10 Ambidextrous = BS50) 9 (HIT, +2 Additional Hits)
Hit 1 = 1D10+9 (Pen4) (6+9 = 15) Left Leg
Hit 2 = 1D10+9 (Pen 4) (4+9=13) Right Leg 
Hit 3 = 1D10+9 (Pen 4) (10(+8RF)+9 = 27) Body 

Bolter Two (BS40+10SAB, +10 Shot Range, -20 Dual Wielding, +10 Ambidextrous = BS50) 98 (JAM) 

Atratus will attempt to dodge with AG65 (93, FAIL) and then use a fate point to re-roll (50, PASS), negating the first hit as there was 1 DOS. 

Right Leg sustains 13 (-TB8 and Armour 8(4)) = 1 Damage
Body sustains 27 (-TB8 and Armour 9(5)) = 14 Damage 

Atratus sustained 17 Damage last turn and 15 Damage this turn = 33, which puts him into critical damage (1, explosive, body): Target is blown backwards 1D5 metres - (5 METRES) taking one level of fatigue per metre travelled. Should a character take a number of levels of Fatigue in excess of his Toughness Bonus, he falls unconscious) - TB8 means that Atratus "falls prone", which I'm willing to mean that he is floating in zero-g. 

Using "As Swift As The Wind" solo mode, Greysight attempts a (-0) Agility test to make a half move: (AG43) (10 - PASS) 

Atratus: 

Atratus charges Greysight: <<hit right leg, damage 35, pen 4>>

Greysight attempts to dodge: (AG43-10 DUE TO ARMOUR) - (21 - PASS) 

>>ROUND 12 ENDS<<

>>ROUND 13 BEGINS<<

>>ROUND 13 CONTINUES<<

Solastion: <<PLACEHOLDER>>

GM: Xin, you need to do a WS test to see whether you are able to parry Solastion's hit

Sabaan: <<PLACEHOLDER>>

Greysight: 

(Nineswords has limited internet and has asked me to post this up) 

Greysight drops the jammed bolter (free action) and readies his bolt pistol (half action.) 

He then makes a standard attack against Atratus. (BS40) - (60 - FAIL) Fate Point Re-Roll (34 - HIT) 

Damage 1D10+9 (8+9 = 17) - 17 Damage (Pen 4) against the body. 

GM: Atratus will dodge (I assume?) 

Atratus shifted his weight, preparing to catch Greysight as he moved away once more. The action not subtle or disguised and easily read by his opponent who chose to stand and fight while the initiative was still his.

The pistol was a poor substitute for a chainsword but as the damage rules on Atratus's displays settled on red and his armour began to slow he realised even a single bolt might adjudge him out of this competition. Knocking the pistol aside quickly, too quickly, he risked a glance at the progress of his battle brother before setting back to task.

GM: Atratus will dodge (I assume?) 

Atratus will parry (d100 = 12), and then miss wildly with his counterattack (d100=74) - (rolls)

As he duelled his armour began to move more freely once more, the simulated stims taking effect. But he had no illusions that this fight would be soon over in favour of one side or the other, a single clean blow would end it.

Switching his angle of attack Atratus rose up over Greysight and rained down blows directed his helm, the force of the assault knocking the pistol from his grip but the Atratus could see his opponent continuing to press back even against such a withering onslaught, reaching for another weapon.

Atratus action, round 13. ++Stims :tongue.:

The damage dice gods are with me this time... the righteous fury dice not so much - looks like we are all riding our luck on our dodge rolls.

Full attack d100

3 / 21 / 92 (hit head, hit right arm, miss by a mile)

Damage #1 d10 tearing 10 (and 1), righteous fury 18, +5 damage

Damage #2 d10 tearing 10 (and 10), righteous fury 9, +1 damage :sad.:

So 29 damage to the head, Pen 4 (before dodge)

And then 25 damage to the right arm, Pen 4, Rending.

Still standing if he makes the dodge, at -2 from the second blow.

Really going to the wire, Atratus will remain ready to parry a krak grenade punch...

[Placeholder]OOC
Parry : WS 56 (46 + 10 from Suffer no weakness ) Roll: 60 Fail

OOC - 60 is a pass - you get +10 from your chainsword (balanced) so your target is 66.

Go team point sticks!

Edited by A.T.

GM: It's not a parry, it's an opposed WS roll to see if Solastion's feint worked or not. Because you weren't able to reach 2DOS, it did - which means you can't use a reaction to dodge or parry his attack. (Though you don't have a chainsword, do you?)  I will just work that out now. 

Solastion: Feint succeeds 

Chainsword attack hits the body for 26 Damage (Pen 3) to the body. 

Sabaan has TB8 and Armour 11(8) - reduces the damage to 10. 

Sabaan loses his 5 remaining wounds and takes (5/2 - thanks True Grit!) Rending damage to the body. 

3 Rending Critical: The Target is stunned for 1 round and takes 2 levels of Fatigue. 

(GM: Xin, per P.249, a character may spend a fate point to no longer be stunned - this would allow you to take your action - I'm quite happy for you to attack Solastion and for the pair of you to put each other out of action!)  

Atratus action, round 13. ++Stims :tongue.:

The damage dice gods are with me this time... the righteous fury dice not so much - looks like we are all riding our luck on our dodge rolls.

Full attack d100

3 / 21 / 92 (hit head, hit right arm, miss by a mile)

Damage #1 d10 tearing 10 (and 1), righteous fury 18, +5 damage

Damage #2 d10 tearing 10 (and 10), righteous fury 9, +1 damage :sad.:

So 29 damage to the head, Pen 4 (before dodge)

And then 25 damage to the right arm, Pen 4, Rending.

Still standing if he makes the dodge, at -2 from the second blow.

Really going to the wire, Atratus will remain ready to parry a krak grenade punch...

Greysight attempts a dodge reaction on the first attack: AG43(-10 for armour) (27 PASS) 

Second attack does 25 damage to the right arm (Pen 4) - TB8 and Armour 8(4) reduce the damage by 12 to 13. 

9 Wounds taken away and True Grit reduce him to -2 (Rending, Right Arm) 

2 Critical means that Greysight will suffer 1 level of Fatigue and drop whatever is in his arm. As it's not been made clear I will randomise whether it's the bolter or bolt pistol - (D100, 1-50 Bolter, 51-100 Bolt Pistol) - (12 - Bolter)