What would you want in future Primaris expansions?

That’s a fair point.

What’s the possibility of them following the same construct as other Primaris vehicles, more guns than expected? A repulsor has 8 weapons (guesstimating at the moment) dreadnaughts have 5 and a close combat weapon. What if the bike had 3. Two mounted to the gun, one carried by the rider?

Guys, guys. You're thinking too small.

Five guns.

Two guns on the side of the wheels like the Legion Outriders:
99590101305_LegionMkIVOutriderSquadron01

Two guns near the handlebars like the regular bikes:
99120101002_SpaceMarineBikeSquad.jpg

And a rear-facing gun just in case whatever they drive-by survives. Maybe even Flamer exhausts like the Kustom Boosta-blasta.

You're welcome for that image of dakka

The Kustom Boosta-Blasta is what I'd been getting at, with the side-mounted flamers. Give them a melta-lance, or something. Not an actual combat-weapon, but a short-ranged melta weapon, and side-mounted flamer-arrays to torch anything they drive past. That'd be my preferred Primaris bike loadout. Give the unit some sort of "hit-and-run" special rule, and they'd have a purpose. They're not there to destroy stuff, necessarily, but to disrupt gun-lines and leave the enemy reeling. 

That’s a fair point.

What’s the possibility of them following the same construct as other Primaris vehicles, more guns than expected? A repulsor has 8 weapons (guesstimating at the moment) dreadnaughts have 5 and a close combat weapon. What if the bike had 3. Two mounted to the gun, one carried by the rider?

Well Bikes usually get treated more like very mobile regular troops with some extra Bolter instead of actual vehicles, so I don't think that logic necessarily applies. Now the new Land Speeder on the other hand ...

Guys, guys. You're thinking too small.

Five guns.

Two guns on the side of the wheels like the Legion Outriders:99590101305_LegionMkIVOutriderSquadron01

Two guns near the handlebars like the regular bikes:99120101002_SpaceMarineBikeSquad.jpg

And a rear-facing gun just in case whatever they drive-by survives. Maybe even Flamer exhausts like the Kustom Boosta-blasta.

You're welcome for that image of dakka

So you mean 5 modified Astartes Shotguns? Longer range. ;)

I think just some sort of gatling Shotgun cannon would do me. Plus rear mounted anti-air.

That blurry pic of the bikes we saw kind of looked like they might have a cannon on the back or something.

If their weapons are Strength 4 in shooting I certainly won't be buying any - they'll add nothing to my list. A White Scars army will get more use out of them, however.

dtptRjf.png

Regarding the discussion of bikes, why not slap a power lance on a T5 3 wound platform, a bike-mounted meltagun or twin meltagun, and the rider getting the option of using a combat shield or flamestorm pistol for shooting in melee.

Probably not, tacticool isn’t a real thing

I tend to agree. A unit is either useful and/or point efficient or it’s not. It either synergizes we’ll with your army build/playstyle or it doesn’t. Don’t get me wrong I love Cool looking models and it is why I prefer Primaris to Firstborn models. Thing is, if I think a model doesn’t look Cool as I like (Aggressors), then I can hobby it, converting it into something I like. Can’t do a darn thing about the rules and point cost.

PS: I would call a model Tacticool if it had good rules ... and ... look bad to the bone. Like you know, Eliminators. ;) Its so unfair (not really) I can’t play with three units of las-fusil to go with three units of Sniper Bolt Rifles lol.

Which is how I get back on track. Twin Las-fusil Primaris bikers would be perfect. Which is why I’m sure they’ll never be a thing :(

Edited by Dracos

Probably not: tacticool is the Vanguard aesthetic, not Primaris in general. Intercessors, Hellblasters, Inceptors, Aggressors, and Redemptors are no more tacticool than plenty of classic SM units.

Intercessors are a touch more tacticool than classic SM because of the rails on their rifles and the arm laptop computer for the sergeant :lol:

"Tacticool" is an (often derogatory) term for gun owners who try too hard to look military by buying lots of gear, often in silly or ineffective ways. People call eg Incursors tacticool because they have a giant scope and lots of pouches and grenades and knives and night vision and then ANOTHER giant scope somehow. The term has nothing to do with tabletop effectiveness.

I don't think the Vanguard aesthetic is necessarily bad; it's great for some chapters, and some people like having their Marines with a slightly more grounded military look instead of clean sci-fi armor plates everywhere. But in any case, it's certainly not the same aesthetic that other parts of the Marine line have.

I don't expect Primaris bikes to have that aesthetic, because even the more recent non-Vanguard Primaris units (eg, the Impulsor) don't have it. It seems to be specifically just Vanguard that are kitted out with 21st-century-ish military gear.

Hmm interesting. Thanks for info on tacticool. I don't usually deal too much with real life wannabees. Must be reason I swapped the helmet and backpacks on my Incursors with other parts I thought made more sense. :)

When it’s used to describe reavers because they have ammo pouches it makes people sound like idiots. If you think the models is trying hard because they actually have more ammo than what’s in the weapon, you have no understanding of combat to begin with. If your using the term in a non derogatory sense, I apologize, I wouldn’t expect to see it used in that way.

Back on topic, I wouldn’t expect the bikers to have the additional pouches and such, unless they also wear Phobos armor, but that doesn’t exactly make sense or seem needed.

A captain that can deep strike. I thought the Phobos captain could but he can only set up outside of 9, I would greatly enjoy the ability to deep strike a captain with my inceptors.

Edited by War Angel