What would you want in future Primaris expansions?

I could see that tank having a Volkite weapon but for some reason I have always thought it was a Melta cannon, we'll see what it is soon enough.

Do you think the new Gravis unit will have other weapon options in their full kit? Maybe some sort of Volkite cannon or an Onslaught cannon though Aggressors might overlap with that since they already pump out a lot of anti-infantry fire.

Yes I think it might. I dare not guess what, it could be Grav Cannons or Las Cannons.

I don't feel they'll give them anything geared towards infantry or hordes.

Idk, looks like an exterminator turret. You can see the icarus rocket pod and the.... whatever the big plasma cannon is that the redmptors can also use.

Heres my own Executionner:

image_from_ios.jpg

And now the tank in the picture:

3qxu_3foPHPBt8EstgyPDnwvxvfBGnWp18vUJBdK

Not the same thing.

I’m not seeing a comparison picture, but the number of antennas matches mine (one single one double) the rocket pods on the same size as mine, and the gun looks like the same size as the plasma weapon. The other gun would be on the back end of it. I think it could go either way.

I’m not seeing a comparison picture, but the number of antennas matches mine (one single one double) the rocket pods on the same size as mine, and the gun looks like the same size as the plasma weapon. The other gun would be on the back end of it. I think it could go either way.

I dont know what to tell you man, its pretty clear to me.

okecSh7.jpg

kTiuXvD.jpg

Edit: When I mention "space not present on other chassis" I mean a space not present between the front of the turret and the front of the tank itself.

Edit 2: A regular Repulsors turret also has a small elevated section but its much less pronounced and the turret is considerably more froward on the chassis of the tank to the point where the the rear section of the tank would be visible as seen here:

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Slips

GW showcase models have blue plasma, sometimes green or orange. It's never silver or white.

Yep, and you can see it in action in the same picture with the Redemptor.

It might look clear to us too if your image links weren't broken, mate.

Edited by Lemondish

It might look clear to us too if your image links weren't broken, mate.

Ugh image extension shenanigans are fun when they work on one end but not the other. Anyways, links should be fixed.

Edited by Slips

I just want a Primaris Thunderfire Cannon. Be interesting to see how the new edition's blast rules will work. An option for a Conversion Beamer would be great too, so you can have anti tank or anti personnel.

And yeah, a Primaris Drop Pod. One that can land on enemy units and cause mortal wounds, instead of being destroyed. Or, barring that, the drop pod has to land outside 9 inches of enemy models, but units transported disembark ANYWHERE within 3 inches of the drop pod, regardless of distance to enemy units. Also let it carry a dreadnought. Give it an automatic explodes stratagem. GW, DO NOT PUT STUBBERS ON IT!!!

And, I want a Techmarine in a Warsuit, drop the stealth and infiltrate to allow it to repair.

Gravis Chaplain with a vox broadcaster to either extend the range of his prayers and/or allow all his prayers to affect multiple/all friendly chapter units in range.

Gravis Captains and Lieutenants with Shoulder-mounted guns, Wrist-mounted guns, and melee weapons, as well as access to any wargear any other Gravis unit has access to. Like, imagine a Lieutenant with an Eviscerator Chainsword and a Shoulder-mounted (heavy) flamer, or a Captain with a shoulder-mounted meltagun and Lightning Claws.

Also, Gravis Captains should get a signum/auspex option, like a certain character has. Then a stratagem to go with it, where you pay 1CP during the shooting phase, and a Gravis Captain can allow a friendly Chapter unit with in 3 inches to shoot, ignoring cover and ignoring penalty to hit, as long Incursors have shot at that same enemy unit.

*snip* 

don't forget that there's virtually no space behind the turret either. On both the Executioner and regular Repulsor there's plenty of room back there for a rear facing anti air weapon.

No such space here.

My speculation has been that it's an Executioner turret stuck back on an Impulsor chassis with some new top and back panels to fully enclose it. Basically a Predator equivalent with no transport capacity.

The Executioner turret is pretty wide yo. It's just barely wider than the chassis of an Impulsor. I don't have a camera available at this moment, so you'll have to trust me that it'd look pretty silly.

A primaris predator equivalent would be my dream for that tank. T8 14ish wounds with zero transport capacity and the main turret basically being a thermal cannon from the imperial knights codex would be fantastic (although with some stability in regards to amount of shot, either just straight 4 shots or 2d6 pick the highest). Oh, and like 1 other type of weapon (like fragstorms) and not 4 "similar but not quite the same" ones.

The Executioner turret is pretty wide yo. It's just barely wider than the chassis of an Impulsor. I don't have a camera available at this moment, so you'll have to trust me that it'd look pretty silly.

Yep, you're right - I saw that rocket pod on the side and immediately thought Executioner turret. And I think the lack of a Techmarine in the turret was throwing off my sense of scale a bit. But now I can see that the closed hatch seems to take up a much bigger percentage of space than it would on the Executioner turret. Plus there's the compartative width of the Impulsor chassis which you mentioned. And if that main weapon is a las-talon or gatling cannon it would explain the lack of blue from the macro plasma. Of course it could be a new weapon altogether.

So if it's an existing turret, it's far more likely to be the base Repulsor version sitting on an Impulsor chassis with a new panel covering the back part. No competition for the Executioner in destructive power, but likely faster and considerably cheaper. Though I wouldn't place any bets on it retaining either the Executioner or Impulsor's transport capacity.

I just want a Primaris Thunderfire Cannon. Be interesting to see how the new edition's blast rules will work. An option for a Conversion Beamer would be great too, so you can have anti tank or anti personnel.

And yeah, a Primaris Drop Pod. One that can land on enemy units and cause mortal wounds, instead of being destroyed. Or, barring that, the drop pod has to land outside 9 inches of enemy models, but units transported disembark ANYWHERE within 3 inches of the drop pod, regardless of distance to enemy units. Also let it carry a dreadnought. Give it an automatic explodes stratagem. GW, DO NOT PUT STUBBERS ON IT!!!

And, I want a Techmarine in a Warsuit, drop the stealth and infiltrate to allow it to repair.

Gravis Chaplain with a vox broadcaster to either extend the range of his prayers and/or allow all his prayers to affect multiple/all friendly chapter units in range.

Gravis Captains and Lieutenants with Shoulder-mounted guns, Wrist-mounted guns, and melee weapons, as well as access to any wargear any other Gravis unit has access to. Like, imagine a Lieutenant with an Eviscerator Chainsword and a Shoulder-mounted (heavy) flamer, or a Captain with a shoulder-mounted meltagun and Lightning Claws.

Also, Gravis Captains should get a signum/auspex option, like a certain character has. Then a stratagem to go with it, where you pay 1CP during the shooting phase, and a Gravis Captain can allow a friendly Chapter unit with in 3 inches to shoot, ignoring cover and ignoring penalty to hit, as long Incursors have shot at that same enemy unit.

A new Thunderfire Cannon would be fantastic. Both it and all Techmarine models are still finecast.

We need a Primaris unit to do the role of the TFire Cannon. It could be another remote turret, or a vehicle of some kind like the Whirlwind.

I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of the Impulsor Chassis.

I'd rather Primaris just get ruled to be able to use existing vehicles as the inability to use preexisting craft is mindboggingly stupid from a lore and rules perspective. I like Vindicators and while a floating vindicator might look neat, it's also completely pointless and we really shouldn't need to just transfer all of the armory to grav tanks just so GW can slap "can carry primaris" on it.

I'd rather Primaris just get ruled to be able to use existing vehicles as the inability to use preexisting craft is mindboggingly stupid from a lore and rules perspective. I like Vindicators and while a floating vindicator might look neat, it's also completely pointless and we really shouldn't need to just transfer all of the armory to grav tanks just so GW can slap "can carry primaris" on it.

So use a vindicator? There’s nothing saying Primaris can’t be in the same army as a vindicator.

To be fair, nothing in the lore says they can't use those vehicles nor do any of the new vehicles actually have the Primaris keyword themselves. It only matters when it comes to transports.

We need a Primaris unit to do the role of the TFire Cannon. It could be another remote turret, or a vehicle of some kind like the Whirlwind.

We kinda have Eliminators to shoot at things without LoS. :sweat:

Not the same purpose. Eliminators can't deal with large groups out of LoS.

Whirlwind/TFire Cannons have more shots.

As for using older vehicles, I think GW is going down the path of Grav tanks and walkers for the aesthetic of Primaris.

I’m ok with this. No point in doing more land vehicles when we have plenty of these.

As for using older vehicles, I think GW is going down the path of Grav tanks and walkers for the aesthetic of Primaris.

Primaris bikers say hi.

Yeah these are the odd unit, for sure. But still they aren't tanks.