Speculation & spoilers regarding The Magos, Pariah etc

Go to solution Solved by EverythingIsGreat,

So I pre-ordered Penitent and Pariah from Amazon because, well it is cheaper and that matters. But just received a message saying the release date has been pushed back (for Amazon to receive from BL).

So all you good folks who ordered direct. Good on you. I will just have to sit tight a few more weeks and avoid spoilers!

Grrrrrr

I finished it too and whilst I enjoyed it, it does seem like the various factions emerging felt like they were coming from everywhere with no real reasoning as to why. Here's hoping the third book comes out relatively soon and ties everything together.

Just finished it. Definitely worth the wait.

One person in this threat correctly predicted the identity of the King in Yellow.

Care to give spoil it for me? Is it Dorn? I KNEW IT :laugh.:

One who claims to be the Emperor’s Shield and the First of the Ten Thousand, the Chief-Custodian and the Right Hand of the Emperor.... one whose name is said to be Constantin Valdor
Edited by Alpharius902

I re read pariah and I’ve just started penitent. Lightburn is just such an intriguing character. Personally I find the ravenor characters less interesting. Too many psychic shenanigans to let them escape situations. You just can’t beat Abnett with the inquisition series though. Instantly pulled me out of my reading fugue and got me into a book I couldn’t put down.

So everybody is freaking out about the big reveal, but what about Eisenhorn and Ravenor?

I honestly thought Abnett was overhyping the big reveal.  He was not. Hard to really overstate what it felt like to read that.

Eisenhorn and Ravenor.....sort of secondary in their own trilogy after that!

The entire way I think of the Imperium is changing, which is crazy. 

Edited by caladancid

Yeah, kinda dizzy with the potential implications of all this.

Book is an overwhelming superhero movie tag-team of... Things... Coming at you and hitting you with a steel chair, one by one.

So many questions.

Edited by Darkwrath121

Yeah, kinda dizzy with the potential implications of all this.

Book is an overwhelming superhero movie tag-team of... Things... Coming at you and hitting you with a steel chair, one by one.

So many questions.

Yes.  I kept thinking- holy crap that must be the huge thing, wait no THIS is it, .........OMG THIS IS IT......then when it actually was it, not much to do and sit there and re-evaluate everything I thought I knew. 

Ok Fraters this is so hard! Not got my copy yet grrrrrr and for first time ever I am adamant I will not read spoilers - but this is torture.

So one question to those who have read it - please just give a YES / NO answer...

Did anyone on this thread guess the identity of the Yellow King?

Thanks

*sob*

Ok Fraters this is so hard! Not got my copy yet grrrrrr and for first time ever I am adamant I will not read spoilers - but this is torture.

So one question to those who have read it - please just give a YES / NO answer...

Thanks

*sob*

Answer to your question is in the spoiler below- with no additional info.

Yes.

Also-

If you have ever loved a 40k book do not read spoilers!!!! You will regret it TRUST ME.  The feeling when you read it for yourself.....just please don't.

Edited by caladancid

Thanks

*sob*

DO NOT READ THE SPOILERS. ANOTHER FEW DAYS IS WORTH IT!

LOL thank you brothers. I will be strong. I can do this.

Gutted though - 8yrs waiting (so few weeks doesn’t really matter) and in my excitement I pre-order on Amazon ages ago only to have their delivery delayed due to “the supplier changing the release date”.

Should have held tight and ordered direct from BL!

Speculation - Sales of Penitent have be so strong on BL website that they used up all their stock fulfilling those and third parties like Amazon will be fulfilled from a second print run.

Enjoy brothers - if you spot me lurking tell me off ha ha!

“Must not read spoilers. Muuust not read spoilers. MUUUUSSTT NOOOT REAAAD SPOILERRRRRSS”

So Valdor is actually in this book?! Or they say it's Valdor?!

One person in this threat correctly predicted the identity of the King in Yellow.

One who claims to be the Emperor’s Shield and the First of the Ten Thousand, the Chief-Custodian and the Right Hand of the Emperor.... one whose name is said to be Constantin Valdor

Wait, what?!

Edited by Chapter Master Valrak

LOL thank you brothers. I will be strong. I can do this.

Gutted though - 8yrs waiting (so few weeks doesn’t really matter) and in my excitement I pre-order on Amazon ages ago only to have their delivery delayed due to “the supplier changing the release date”.

Should have held tight and ordered direct from BL!

Speculation - Sales of Penitent have be so strong on BL website that they used up all their stock fulfilling those and third parties like Amazon will be fulfilled from a second print run.

Enjoy brothers - if you spot me lurking tell me off ha ha!

“Must not read spoilers. Muuust not read spoilers. MUUUUSSTT NOOOT REAAAD SPOILERRRRRSS”

You might already know this but if not, you can buy a kindle book and read it on your computer. Might be an option for you? Special occasions call for special measures!

Wait, what?!

They find a book written in Hexad (probably some bastardized version of hexadecimal that somehow doesn’t use any letters) that is found to reveal the identity of the Yellow King. The person translating it realizes that all the book is is one name, made up of thousands upon thousands of characters. The first translated two words are “Constantin Valdor,” the implication being with the Custodes names being so long that it is the rest of the book. I swear, Abnett’s going to need Pandaemonium to be the length of a  textbook to explain this stuff along with a bunch of other things that pop up