New Knight Castellan Revealed!

Vash113

I'm pretty sure it's a screen shot of a facebook post or similar. Was a pretty old post (from March I believe) and had a couple of things around the wrong way but otherwise pretty accurate. I feel like GW would be foolish not to drop something substantial for 40k before AoS 2.0 comes out. That will be a solid month of no 40k I'm assuming which will see a drop in sales from those that don't Sigmar. Just my opinion and hopes that we see it sooner.

The original release of the Knight model was game changing for GW. They had been in a bad patch and were faced with flagging sales that that model range release turned around dramatically.

GW will be well aware of this (you can bet this is one of the reasons that unlike many armies, Knights are getting several new miniatures), and will be very careful to make sure the Knight release window is positioned for the greatest possible benefit...

Worth keeping in mind ladies and gents. Especially with a huge AoS release on the doorstep.

Which is why i find the idea of it being put in august to compete with Ad-Tit all the more unlikely. Where will it have the more competition? Near a big AoS release or near the release of another big robot game?

No idea buddy. Though I see and agree with your logic regarding Titanicus.

I'm no businessman I'm afraid. I don't really know how such decisions are made within a company.

We know Knights is the next codex and delaying it longer would be pretty weird. Especially with how concrete the rumours are becoming now.

Liking what I see with the Castellan leaks though!

Interested to see how it stacks up against a Porphyron in the end, or even the upcoming HUEG other Acastus Knight.

Fingers crossed FW get FAQs out for any Knights needed post codex, though with their current key words should be fine...

You know, I defended the originality of the Imperial Knight design fairly doggedly when they were first released.  If the Valiant is a Castellan with a harpoon gun, I don't know if I can continue that defense.

Please permit me to definitively disabuse you of the notion that GW is ripping off War Machine, but rather returning to some classical GW source material, using some direct and irrefetuable evidence. Namely, the Titan Harpoon-missile and Titan Trident shown here http://solegends.com/citcat911/c2119epictitanparts-h.htm

Now if the rumours of a terrain piece are accurate i wonder if it's the 'flying' Techpriests from the artwork in the Mechanicus codex? Looking carefully it looks like the Techpriests are hanging down from, or attached to, something above via multitudinous cables. If this terrain piece includes something like that it may well be a thing of real grimdark magnificence. I hope it's true and something quite cool looking, i best start doubting this rumour at once to prevent possible disappointment.

Now if the rumours of a terrain piece are accurate i wonder if it's the 'flying' Techpriests from the artwork in the Mechanicus codex? Looking carefully it looks like the Techpriests are hanging down from, or attached to, something above via multitudinous cables. If this terrain piece includes something like that it may well be a thing of real grimdark magnificence. I hope it's true and something quite cool looking, i best start doubting this rumour at once to prevent possible disappointment.

That's a good catch! I just chalked that one up to an overzealous artist when I got the codex but it might actually be a real thing. I'm not sure if I'd buy a terrain piece but it's looking a lot more likely if flying tech-priests are involved! 

That's a good catch! I just chalked that one up to an overzealous artist when I got the codex but it might actually be a real thing. I'm not sure if I'd buy a terrain piece but it's looking a lot more likely if flying tech-priests are involved!

It would be worth it just to get some new and different techpriest models.

Fingers crossed FW get FAQs out for any Knights needed post codex, though with their current key words should be fine...

There was a blanket fix for all knights in Forgebane. Now all knights have <QUESTOR ALLEGIANCE> Instead of a preset Questor Imperialis or Questor Mechanicus and <HOUSE> which can be replaced with Freeblade. Even Freeblades have a specific <QUESTOR ALLEGIANCE> in rules and fluff now. So I expect that to be in the new codex.

'There was a blanket fix for all knights some Knights (not those Renegades, screw them guys! Especially that one guy Stray!) in Forgebane. Now all knights have <QUESTOR ALLEGIANCE> Instead of a preset Questor Imperialis or Questor Mechanicus and <HOUSE> which can be replaced with Freeblade. Even Freeblades have a specific <QUESTOR ALLEGIANCE> in rules and fluff. So I expect that to be in the new codex. '

Fixed the above for you while I was crying into my cushion. Sob. 

Seriously GW, share the love around a little. Just because we worship daemons and hate the Emperor, doesn't mean we don't have feelings too!.. 

...alright. Fair point :P

When is GW's financial year end? End of May 2018? I have been told that the 2017-18 sales have been very strong so GW have slowed releases and pushed things back because they have hit their figures hence the Deepkin release taking 5 weeks. 

Martin flat out stated the Knight Codex is the next 40k release with Robin sat next to him on the WHTV live stream and due very, very soon so keep checking the community site because it will be announced there first. Keep the faith people we are close...

I dont see why they couldn't release knights alongside or near AoS 2, it seems like a different audience. I have little interest in AoS, maybe it hasn't been marketed to me in the right way, but I recently discovered how much I love building and painting knights.

I dont see why they couldn't release knights alongside or near AoS 2, it seems like a different audience. I have little interest in AoS, maybe it hasn't been marketed to me in the right way, but I recently discovered how much I love building and painting knights.

It'll be out beforehand.

AoS is due end of June.

Keep the Oaths - our time to march is soon!

I know what you mean. AOS just does Not appeal to me but I guess there are more people out there that play both systems.

I guess we have just more time to paint our existing knights. Got a Styrix on the way and Acheron & Castigator are awaiting for their priming session.

I know what you mean. AOS just does Not appeal to me but I guess there are more people out there that play both systems.

I guess we have just more time to paint our existing knights. Got a Styrix on the way and Acheron & Castigator are awaiting for their priming session.

Yeeesssss. Embrace those Cerastus Knights! 

I adore the FW Knight models, and their rules frankly. I dunno, I think I just find it much more exciting to play with Knights that really do have their own individual flavour, rather than a war gear selection that is simply shared across the range like the Citadel Knights.

Okay, I apologize in advance if this is not the best thread to ask a generic Knight question!  I am a new AdMech player and got two Armigers in Forgebane, so I'm seriously considering getting a Knight before the new army book is out and definitely plan on getting the book.  My question is regarding the Forge World Knight models - do people let you play them?  In the distant past of 5th edition 40k, it was a rare occasion when people in my area would let you use Forge World models, unless it was an Apocalypse game.  So, with the new Knight codex, will we be limited to the Citadel models, or do people let you use the Forge World Knights often enough?  I do understand that this is mostly up to local opinion, but I thought I'd ask what your experiences are as avid players.  

Tbh, anyone that doesn't let you play with FW stuff needs to get with the times/get in the bin.

The fw knights are over priced for their abilities/stats, but you use them because they are cool.

Most big tournaments, Inc the GW run ones allow their use.

Archived