New Knight Castellan Revealed!

Vash113

I mean maybe they're banking on that Castellan to be a guaranteed money maker (seems like a safe bet) so they didn't even bother showing it at warhammer fest. Otherwise I don't understand why it couldn't have a little display akin to what harlequins got. Would it really distract people that much from titanicus or AoS? Like the castellan is out before titanicus anyways and with the amount of support AoS got this event I doubt this would make a dent.

A lot of 40k players feel like they've been left behind from what I can see after this event. Maybe orks and/or space wolves were always a long shot but if they showed knights it would still indicate the cogs are turning behind the scenes. In the end it's not the biggest deal but I can't see the upside of it either.

^^

Very possible.

Unless you work there (and even then), we can't know what's needed where behind the scenes. I'd just be content with knowing Knights are coming, they're coming soon, AND we're getting new models when they arrive. That's a much better place to be in than the poor Ork or Space Wolves players for example :wink:

This years WH Fest was all about AoS, and I think that's ok really. I'm sure the AoS players had to be just as patient last year when 40K 8th had it's moment in the sun.

^^

Very possible.

Unless you work there (and even then), we can't know what's needed where behind the scenes. I'd just be content with knowing Knights are coming, they're coming soon, AND we're getting new models when they arrive. That's a much better place to be in than the poor Ork or Space Wolves players for example :wink:

This years WH Fest was all about AoS, and I think that's ok really. I'm sure the AoS players had to be just as patient last year when 40K 8th had it's moment in the sun.

Well, my main army is admech but those guys are already built. My other two armies are orks and imperial knights. I guess I'm just in shock that warhammer fest didn't obliterate my wallet haha

No doubt they've still got designs on our wallets buddy. I figure they're just trying an ambush tactic, rather than a frontal assault :P

I'll admit, I'd have liked to have more 40k news too in fairness. Though I was pretty stoked about seeing a bit more of the new Acastus Knight, and that Scoria model... :O - there literally isn't a more appropriate Hellwright / warlord for me to field.

No sign of new knights at Warhammerfest 

Forge World did give an update on Fires of Cyraxus - 2/3 complete, conversion to 8th edition rules and lore, writing due to restart in 2-3 months and hope to release before end of the year. A tad disappointed by this and given how easily time lines slip at FW I'd be surprised to see it this year.

I was reading some other reports on this and apparently in a Q&A Tony said that it is the 4th book in the queue, after "Talons" , "Malevolence" and a 3rd unnamed book.

Terrain that assists Knights sounds gimmicky but could be fun. I can’t wait to see the new Armiger variants. They were so close to being functional.

Were they ever close? Maybe I've been a bit too unlucky with those d3 shots but they've underwhelmed me pretty massively on the tabletop. I guess that might be that GW has just overpriced melta in general this edition, but that brings me to the crux of it. How much better can they make the armiger without lowering melta points across the board? Wouldn't that be more of a chapter approved thing? Still amazing models that were great to paint and build though.

Obviously it's all just rumours but there's some stuff about knights up on spikey bits now.. Those improvements for armigers wouldn't go amiss.

https://spikeybits.com/2018/05/rumors-new-rules-points-for-armiger.html 

Could one of you fine brothers post the text in here? Firewall is blocking access. :rolleyes:

Obviously it's all just rumours but there's some stuff about knights up on spikey bits now.. Those improvements for armigers wouldn't go amiss.

https://spikeybits.com/2018/05/rumors-new-rules-points-for-armiger.html 

Could one of you fine brothers post the text in here? Firewall is blocking access. :rolleyes:

Come see the latest rules and points rumors for the Imperial Knight dual Armiger kit release that may be on the way for 8th Edition Warhammer 40k.

Since before Adepticon, we had heard an awful lot recently about the new Imperial Knight codex, and Games Workshop even has teased us with some images of the Castellan Knight.

Imperial Knights 2018 Release

We already know there are GIANT FREAKING ROBOTS on the way with their very own codex from the announcement at Adepticon this year.

Knight Castellan 

Rumors:

Scanner has been hinting there may be a lot more meat to the Imperial Knights codex that people have been expecting. However, these are just rumors of what may be on the way rules-wise for the Imperial Knights in 8th Edition:

Scroll down for the latest on the Armiger

The new Imperial Knight codex will contain 
TEN Knight datasheets
, and would like to add the name 
Preceptor
 to the list of models that we will be seeing soon. He also confirmed that the four names quoted above in bold are correct with each being a variant of the other.

the Knight codex will also have a terrain datasheet just like the Harlequins, and a special character datasheet too.

Freeblades are a custom part of the Knights and are given bonuses like how selecting the C’Tan powers work. BUT for every bonus, there is a drawback that can hurt your creation. There is a way to work around the negatives… at least temporarily.   For Chaos, well, there is no Chaos, renegade or otherwise.

4 new Knight kits coming!!!  Terrain, Armiger (makes 2 diff versions), Knight Preceptor / Special Character (with full cockpit & pilot figure), Valiant / Castellan.

Terrain is like tech priest with the ability to re-load, heal, and max out weapon shots for a Knight. Amrigers get Dakka with 2 amped up guns, and character gets a laser weapon like a Chimera, but you know, bigger.

Oh and if you like wolves, you will love the new knight character.

Knight Armiger Rumors

Codex fixes two problems with the Armiger, high points and weak to hordes in combat. Both new Armigers will cost less that a leman russ, and chainreaper will gain a multi-attack ability.  Helverin gets dakka that taken over several models leaves any other walker’s firepower in the dust.

If this pans out to be true that’s a pretty HUGE lineup of new releases with some new cool rules for the baby knights that have been universally panned for their seemingly high points cost and vulnerabilities.

For a codex previously only had a handful of datasheets perhaps the combination of Mechanicus and Questor rules will be enough to fill a normal sized 8th edition codex, and four new releases wouldn’t hurt either.

Existing Knight Lineup:

Still no “official” word on the release date for Imperial Knights, however, the releases for the end of the month may end up being the new Rogue Trader box that was rumored to be releasing after Deathwatch arrived.

Update: Sources tell us to expect Knights by the second week of June 2018

All in all, we’re getting really excited to see everything Games Workshop has in store for the Imperial Knight Codex, and we’ll be putting out more codex confirmations as soon as we get them!

Are you looking forward to the upcoming Imperial Knight Codex and some GIANT FREAKING ROBOTS? Check out the latest on the Knights and what everyone is saying about these rumors over on our Facebook.

Believe these are all the blurbs in the link that are meant to be the rumor quotes

"The new Imperial Knight codex will contain TEN Knight datasheets, and would like to add the name Preceptor to the list of models that we will be seeing soon. He also confirmed that the four names quoted above in bold are correct with each being a variant of the other."

"the Knight codex will also have a terrain datasheet just like the Harlequins, and a special character datasheet too."

"Freeblades are a custom part of the Knights and are given bonuses like how selecting the C’Tan powers work. BUT for every bonus, there is a drawback that can hurt your creation. There is a way to work around the negatives… at least temporarily.   For Chaos, well, there is no Chaos, renegade or otherwise."

"4 new Knight kits coming!!!  Terrain, Armiger (makes 2 diff versions), Knight Preceptor / Special Character (with full cockpit & pilot figure), Valiant / Castellan."

"Terrain is like tech priest with the ability to re-load, heal, and max out weapon shots for a Knight. Amrigers get Dakka with 2 amped up guns, and character gets a laser weapon like a Chimera, but you know, bigger."

"Oh and if you like wolves, you will love the new knight character."

"Codex fixes two problems with the Armiger, high points and weak to hordes in combat. Both new Armigers will cost less that a leman russ, and chainreaper will gain a multi-attack ability.  Helverin gets dakka that taken over several models leaves any other walker’s firepower in the dust."

"UPDATE: Sources tell us to expect Knights by the second week of June 2018"

EDIT: Oh. Ninja'd :ph34r.:

Thanks guys! :)

Doesn't sound too bad. But second week of June? Man, I guess I'm not a patient guy. :-/

So 10 datasheets?

- Paladin

- Errant

- Crusader

- Warden

- Errant

new

- Armiger (do we have names for those additional versions?)

- Castellan

- Valiant 

Armiger / Helliger and Castellan / Valiant is what I was saying (when i was convinced the rumored 4 upcoming kits was in fact only 2 kits making a total of 4 different variants. I'm just drawn to conservative estimates i guess)

The link states "Preceptor / Special character" as another for what that's worth.

What i find perhaps interesting about these rumors (no matter how trustworthy the may be) is that they expand 4 kits idea further, even if the one kit is some sort of terrain kit.

That Helverin name does ring a bell now I see it in text.

That could have been what I saw, not Helliger - (which in my defence I have said all along I wasn't 100% on the name)

No problem! You kept us as informed as you could, that is what counts :wink:

What i find perhaps interesting about these rumors (no matter how trustworthy the may be) is that they expand 4 kits idea further, even if the one kit is some sort of terrain kit.

So it might be:

new

- Armiger/Helverin

- Castellan/Valiant

- terrain

- character

Along with the 5 old knights we are looking at 11 datasheets given that the terrain gets its own one.

I think it is strange that we are talking about a piece of terrain, not fortification... but maybe that is the way GW wants to go with buildings on 8th. Like the Nurgle Tree? What is the Eldar Gate?

I’m thinking along the lines of a charging station, a place to be within x amount of “ and get a choice of benefits.

As guesses go, I think it's a good one. We know that system works as it been in place for a while with no upsets, just not available to everyone. It'd even clean up some of the fluff a bit.

Archived