The Blood Angels ETL VI Campaign Awaits!

Jolemai

This is probably a silly question, but I assume 2nd vows onwards can come after 1st June? e.g. I pledge 2 squads of Death Company for my 1st vow and complete it on June 10th, I can vow devastators etc as a 2nd vow?

A subsequent vow can be entered after completion of the previous one that is the only time limitation if I'm reading the rules correctly. So if you manage to paint those DC in 1 day, you are free to pledge another vow as soon as you report completion of the DC-related vow. 1st of June is a time limit for entering the 1st vow only, so that the Watchers in the Dark know the number of participants by that time.

A question from me: does a 'unit description' in the vow should contain exact point count (like: Captain with JP, TH and SS - 74+19+21+15=129) or just the final points value of 129? 

This can probably wait for the ETL to open, but since others have been posting their potential pledges... 

I have 16 DC (plus a chaplain and Lemartes) that were basecoated a while ago that will be on the bench asap - 

I think they are 95% fine, but the 1 power sword in the mix I did the blue/white blend while the airbrush was out. 

Should I exclude him specifically? (top left mini in pic below). 

JPs and packs are magnetised (heads/bases will get glued on) - and think from previous events, the idea is to pledge the highest option value (ie, JPs in this case). 

The standard bearer is counts-as regular dude, but have wanted to add an extra banner to the army with some DC bling. 

DC group 1

DC group 2

DC accessories

This can probably wait for the ETL to open, but since others have been posting their potential pledges... 

I have 16 DC (plus a chaplain and Lemartes) that were basecoated a while ago that will be on the bench asap - 

I think they are 95% fine, but the 1 power sword in the mix I did the blue/white blend while the airbrush was out. 

Should I exclude him specifically? (top left mini in pic below). 

JPs and packs are magnetised (heads/bases will get glued on) - and think from previous events, the idea is to pledge the highest option value (ie, JPs in this case). 

The standard bearer is counts-as regular dude, but have wanted to add an extra banner to the army with some DC bling. 

Looks great! Make sure to tally up the points for when you make your vow. Hopefully Semper will be along shortly to answer your query on how best to use that power sword.

One of our strongest points is having black units to paint imo :devil: 

ETL is live!

ONWARDS, FOR SANGUINIUS!

=][= IMPORTANT NOTE =][=

It should be noted that units from Index Imperium 1 are not permitted for the ETL to avoid any potential confusion following the release of Codex Blood Angels. However, if you have your heart set on painting something from Imperium 1, a suitable counts-as on a case-by-case basis will be put forth (just discuss it with Semper).

It should be noted that units from Index Imperium 1 are not permitted for the ETL to avoid any potential confusion following the release of Codex Blood Angels. However, if you have your heart set on painting something from Imperium 1, a suitable counts-as on a case-by-case basis will be put forth (just discuss it with Semper).

So no Imperial Space Marine (nuts). Does the prohibition also include Codex: Blood Angels units with wargear options from the Index? i.e. company veterans with jump packs, or a dreadnought with two twin autocannons?

I've got a more than large enough backlog that I likely wasn't getting to them anyway, but it'd be good to know.

Thanks!

So no Imperial Space Marine (nuts). Does the prohibition also include Codex: Blood Angels units with wargear options from the Index? i.e. company veterans with jump packs, or a dreadnought with two twin autocannons?

I've got a more than large enough backlog that I likely wasn't getting to them anyway, but it'd be good to know.

Thanks!

For Blood Angels, the Index is obsolete as far as the ETL is concerned. So you have to use the Codex or the other GW publications mentioned in the BA Outpost. So, in the case of the twin autocannon dreadnought, there is no problem at all as the Mortis dreadnought is included in the “Imperial Armour Index: Forces of the Adeptus Astartes”. The case of the jump pack vets, doesnt the Vanguard Veteran Squad do the trick? PM me if you want to discuss more.

So i should leave out my priest with a glued on jump pack?

No, not at all. You just don't add the value of the jump-pack since it is not Codex-legal. 

I'd forgot about the forgeworld mortis dreadnought, so that solves that one! Thanks for the quick response - it's my first ETL.

Company vets have several weapon options vanguard don't have - jump pack and storm bolter company vets are a popular BA unit for example, but they lost the packs in the codex. I entirely understand including index unit options would be too much of a headache for ETL so no problem. If I get that far (given I'm normally a super-slow painter) I'd be magnetizing the packs anyway so I'd just paint them as standard codex company vets for ETL. Just useful to know when plotting out potential vows! 

Right. Back to my Death Company prep. I'd forgotten how long getting all those little seam lines off takes, been at it a week already! At least my hammers turned up...

Just consider the Sanguinary Guard too. 

Be that as it may, I will gradually respond only to the official ETL threads (aka the Outposts) because following some 40+ unofficial ETL threads is really draining - I'd rather stick to the 20 official ones! :) The Blood Angels Outpost can be found here.

Thanks!

For Blood Angels, the Index is obsolete as far as the ETL is concerned. So you have to use the Codex or the other GW publications mentioned in the BA Outpost. So, in the case of the twin autocannon dreadnought, there is no problem at all as the Mortis dreadnought is included in the “Imperial Armour Index: Forces of the Adeptus Astartes”. The case of the jump pack vets, doesnt the Vanguard Veteran Squad do the trick? PM me if you want to discuss more.

So i should leave out my priest with a glued on jump pack?

No, not at all. You just don't add the value of the jump-pack since it is not Codex-legal.

Sounds good! Thank you Semper!

If I can make a pledge, my first will be 13 Intercessors in 3 squads. I still need to get 2 more guys to fill out the third squad. 

I built, based, primed, and started some painting last month but they're essentially just plain red guys at the moment. 

Squad 1: 91 pts

1 sergeant, 1 grenade launcher, 3 bolters

Squad 2: 91 pts

Squad 3: 54

3 bolters

I have always played Ultramarines, and my pre-Primaris space marines are all Ultramarines. I only have 1 vehicle to finish for them at the moment. I have been thinking of starting a second space marine chapter for awhile. With the new fluff, and the story of the Devastation of Baal, I have decided that my Primaris models will be Blood Angels. II currently have these Primaris models that need to be painted.

40 Intercessors

20 Hellblasters

12 Inceptors

30th Anniversary Sergeant

A few Captains and Lieutenants

Primaris Ancient

A good start for a new company of Blood Angels Primaris replacements. All are still on the sprues so I have a lot of work to do. I will only pledge a 10 man squad and a character for each pledge. I hope to get at least 1 pledge a month.

If I can make a pledge, my first will be 13 Intercessors in 3 squads. I still need to get 2 more guys to fill out the third squad. 

I built, based, primed, and started some painting last month but they're essentially just plain red guys at the moment. 

Squad 1: 91 pts

Squad 2: 91 pts

Squad 3: 54

3 bolters

When you're ready, you'll need to make your vow(s) [url=http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/346714-blood-angels-outpost/] along with a starting picture. Are you waiting for the last two chaps before you pledge? The sooner it's up, the better as you can relax and crack on with the painting :)

I have always played Ultramarines, and my pre-Primaris space marines are all Ultramarines. I only have 1 vehicle to finish for them at the moment. I have been thinking of starting a second space marine chapter for awhile. With the new fluff, and the story of the Devastation of Baal, I have decided that my Primaris models will be Blood Angels. II currently have these Primaris models that need to be painted.

40 Intercessors

20 Hellblasters

12 Inceptors

30th Anniversary Sergeant

A few Captains and Lieutenants

Primaris Ancient

A good start for a new company of Blood Angels Primaris replacements. All are still on the sprues so I have a lot of work to do. I will only pledge a 10 man squad and a character for each pledge. I hope to get at least 1 pledge a month.

Anything you can pledge would be much appreciated and we'd all love to see what you come up with :) If you're ready to go, make a vow here please along with a starting photo. Any preference on what you want to paint first?

I just finished painting some other minis that were in process. Tomorrow I will be ready for my first pledge. It will be a 10 man Intercessor squad and a Primaris Captain. I will post my pledge in the Blood Angels Outpost forum!

Looking forward to it! In the meantime, feel free to show off your recently completed stuff/previous work :)

Archived