[ETL] As the galaxy splits in twain...

I did a rough list out last week of things I have sat about ready to be painted and it's come to just over 2,000 points with a pretty large mixture of legions and units. Summers the only time of the year I really get to sit down and paint seriously so ETL's always a great excuse to knock out some minis.

Anyone have any suggestions for some big hitters? Can Chaos take Baneblades these days?

Looking at bits to make a Havoc squad but I am short of bits, if anybody has a Lascannon, left arm and backpack from the Devastator kit in the UK please PM me. :tu:

But more importantly who is gonna be laying down some sexy Slaaneshi vows?

Just had another look through my bits again to see what I have to vow (not including my Slaanesh army), so far I have dug out the following...

30 Marines

5 Raptors

42 Cultists

4 Terminators

2 Vindicators

2 Rhinos

3 Dreadnoughts

and a few other bits I might be able to squeeze in as a last vow if I have time.

Now I am torn over splitting it between my Slaaneshi renegades and my Word Bearers or starting a new army entirley.

Only Semper can say for sure, but the blurb for ETL V does mention that if only basic colours or shades have been applied a model might be Vowable.

I'd post the same question in the main ETL thread if I were you.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/345917-its-been-a-long-time/ 

Quick note: if you don't have access to your books once the event hits and you need points values, drop me a PM. I've got all the books except the Daemon Codex and the FW Renegade & Heretic stuff.

Dragonlover

@Iron Father Ferrum - Just make sure that you complete All your vows:wink:

You're discussing a very difficult time in my hobby career, MG. Before that, I'll just point out that I had 100% completion rates (in one year, the Iron Hands were the only sub-faction to do that!).

I've got an etiquette question. I've got four unpainted havocs with flamers (one of them is the champ with a comb-flamer) the fifth havoc is painted and so it's not a vow-able unit. If I add an unpainted heavy bolter havoc to the squad it is now a legal unit, but one that I would ever use in a game. Is mixing the remnants of unfinished squads into a unit that I have no intention of keeping as a unit outside of ETL considered gamey or not in the spirit of the event? Or am I overthinking it and I just need to lay some paint down for the glory of the dark gods?

Well, talking about etiquette, it’s always a balance between encouraging people to paint what they want and keeping it a level playing field as much as possible. That is the main reason why the “count-as” rule was introduced.

So in the above case, I’d add the unpainted havoc with the heavy bolter “counting-as” flamer (and priced as such). That’s in keeping with the ethos and spirit of the ETL as the “count-as” rule is not intended as a way to obtain easy points but rather as a way to get to paint what you want - even if (or especially if) the count-as mini would in theory worth more than the one it is supposed to represent.

In short the “count-as” rule should generally result in a worse points-to-effort ratio. In the above example of course the difference is negligible. :)

A pretty disheartening delivery from FW last night. Instead of the 30 legionaries + gubbinz I ordered (the heart of my tactical and havoc units), I received a Lizardman Dread Saurian :( Dont get me wrong, that thing is savage, and huge, and looks killler. But I needed dozens of little plastic men, not one enormous plastic dinosaur.

The worrying part about this is that it took 14 days to ship in the first place. I was hoping to assemble some models before the ETL but now I’m worried that I’ll have to return the Saurian (2 wks), wait a few days for processing, then the 14 day shipping back to me (assuming they don’t put 2 different address stickers on it this time).

I called FW who told me to email them photos. I’ve done so and am hoping for the best.

Renegades and Heretics can take Baneblades and Renegades and Heretics have Faction Keyword CHAOS, so... yep.

I've stuck a bid down on ebay so hopefully it comes through. Are we allowed any of the other variants or are we limited to the basic pattern?

A pretty disheartening delivery from FW last night. Instead of the 30 legionaries + gubbinz I ordered (the heart of my tactical and havoc units), I received a Lizardman Dread Saurian :sad.: Dont get me wrong, that thing is savage, and huge, and looks killler. But I needed dozens of little plastic men, not one enormous plastic dinosaur.

The worrying part about this is that it took 14 days to ship in the first place. I was hoping to assemble some models before the ETL but now I’m worried that I’ll have to return the Saurian (2 wks), wait a few days for processing, then the 14 day shipping back to me (assuming they don’t put 2 different address stickers on it this time).

I called FW who told me to email them photos. I’ve done so and am hoping for the best.

For me FW have always just sent out the replacements without asking for me to return anything to them, so hopefully you'll get your minis and a free Saurian :thumbsup:

That is unfortunate indeed. I wonder if someone got your 30 legionaries instead and the shipping department messed up the labels...

Highly doubtful as the intended recipient’s label was half concealed by mine.

For me FW have always just sent out the replacements without asking for me to return anything to them, so hopefully you'll get your minis and a free Saurian :tu:

That would be fantastic! Fingers crossed.

Renegades and Heretics can take Baneblades and Renegades and Heretics have Faction Keyword CHAOS, so... yep.

I've stuck a bid down on ebay so hopefully it comes through. Are we allowed any of the other variants or are we limited to the basic pattern?

R&H only get access to Baneblades (no variants), Macharius' and Malcadors, but they don't get access to all variants. If you don't yet have the book, I'd recommend checking out the id4chan page. https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Renegades_And_Heretics(8E)

It's not brilliant, but it's a decent overview.

Previously, CSM, Daemons and R&H competed together as Realm of Chaos. For this ETL, that might not be the case. Given Captain Semper's 'nudge nudge wink-wink' comment above, it would seem that will in fact change for this ETL.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FWIW, I also have access to all of the sixteen-million books that now comprise Faction CHAOS, so if you need points totals you can PM me your Vow and I'll work it out for you, rather than adding to Captain Semper's, already colossal, workload. 

I won't PM point costs for individual units or upgrades, I'll just tell you what point total your Vow comes to. FYI.

Archived