[ETL] As the galaxy splits in twain...

Yeah, looks like my second Fire Raptor won't be with me in time for the opening of the event, so I may well split my Alpha Legion into two vows.

Not that I have the foggiest what colour scheme I'm going to do them in, I just know it's gonna use a Macragge Blue basecoat.

Dragonlover

Sooooo...turns out that a Land Raider Hades Diabolus, fully kitted with combi-bolter pintle and havoc launcher, is 387 points. So that's now something you know. >=)

It's not though. It's Power-Level Only ;)

Sooooo...turns out that a Land Raider Hades Diabolus, fully kitted with combi-bolter pintle and havoc launcher, is 387 points. So that's now something you know. >=)

Sorry, what? The Land Raiders in the Chapter Approved publication are for open play only - no points are attached to them (unfortunately)...

Ok, so I know now what I'll be starting starting with:

- 10 Night Lord Havocs (plasma guns) + 1 Rhino;

- 5 Night Lord Havocs (autocanons);

- 10 Wordbearers Havocs (flame throwers);

- 1 Iron Warrior Rhino;

- 1 World Eater Rhino.

Total: circa 721 points.

Celtic_Cauldron

Errr....I just pointed it out manually? The way everything else can be manually pointed. Just because it's not intended for matched play, I can't vow it? If so, that is *exceedingly* disappointing.

Edit: I mean, the only difference in points is the lack of the Reaper autocannon so in the end it's not a huge problem. I had just hyped myself up for something new and different is all.

20k... Easy... If I had not sold off most of my armies. :,(

Could I glue bits to myself and pass it off as a scratchbuilt titan?

That could make it.

If you take also a video featuring yourself as a Titan and dancing at the same time, maybe can we claim some bonus for motorizing a scratch built mini...

Celtic_Cauldron

Errr....I just pointed it out manually? The way everything else can be manually pointed. Just because it's not intended for matched play, I can't vow it? If so, that is *exceedingly* disappointing.

OK, I hear you... I thought I might have missed something... 

Well the thing is, there are no official points for it. I was also disappointed when I realised there were no points attached to them - especially the Dark Angels one... But the entire ETL is based on official points which the Hades doesn't have.

However, you can always pledge it as a "count-as" of a Land Raider version of your choosing. You will let go of some points from what you calculated but you get to paint what you want and still contribute significant points to your forum/faction.

Here's the thing about that. I don't understand the argument that aren't official points for it. There are no point values for anything in a Codex on their datasheet. You just look at the datasheet, identify the base model and all equipment, then pull the points from the back of the Codex and add them up. The only difference here is that the datasheet and point lists are in different books, but that's no different than taking, say, a Dreadnought with two sets of twin autocannons. Option from the index, points from the Codex.

Hey guys. I joined the forum at around the time ETL was announced to be forthcoming. In the past two weeks I’ve furiously assembled 4x5 man CSM squads, 7x havocs, a las predator, a jump lord, a jump sorcerer, and 10 plasma raptors. I’ve also assembled a rhino where I used the pintle mounted combibolter to convert a combimelta. Now I have a kinda noobish question. Am I required to model the combibolter that comes standard on the rhino? If so, how have people been able to do this? I can’t seem to get a combibolter to fit next to the gunners hatch and even if I could, I don’t think it would be visually appealing. Thanks in advance.

Upon reflection, we can make all the Chapter Approved LRs official. There is no reason not to - although the count-as would also work (there is no point discrepancies to speak of).

Upon further reflection I think I will opt for the “count as” rule for the Chapter Approved LRs... sorry for the back and forth guys...

Hey guys. I joined the forum at around the time ETL was announced to be forthcoming. In the past two weeks I’ve furiously assembled 4x5 man CSM squads, 7x havocs, a las predator, a jump lord, a jump sorcerer, and 10 plasma raptors. I’ve also assembled a rhino where I used the pintle mounted combibolter to convert a combimelta. Now I have a kinda noobish question. Am I required to model the combibolter that comes standard on the rhino? If so, how have people been able to do this? I can’t seem to get a combibolter to fit next to the gunners hatch and even if I could, I don’t think it would be visually appealing. Thanks in advance.

Welcome Copycat Copycat!

The models must be as WYSIWYG as possible (if you want the points for it that is) ;)

Rustling through my bits boxes it looks like I'll be able to pull out the following:

- Hellwright.

- 9 Noise Marines.

- 10 Daemonettes.

- Predator.

- Terminator Lord.

- 4 Bikers.

Also have a sorceror on bike that needs painting up, I know there's that flowchart bandying about for this, but the biker sorceror isn't in the codex. Adding a bike to a lord or sorceror gives a 40pt increase in the index, can I vow my sorceror and treat the bike as a 40pt upgrade?

I currently have a Daemon Prince, six Obliterators and 30 Cultists on-hold for the ETL.

I'd certainly like to think I can get through more than that in due course but haven't got any specific plans for what I'd move on to next.

I have planned thus far for Vow 1 (I have no clue on points, I'm at work):

Daemons of Nurgle

20 x Plaguebearers

6 x Plague Drones

6 x Nurgling Swarms

1 x Poxbringer

Kill Team / Necromunda / INQ28

Death Guard Character - Counts-As Chaos Lord, I suppose

Pestigor Shaman - Counts-As Poxbringer

10 X Pestigors - Counts-As Plaguebearers

Nurgle Minotaur - Counts-As Beast of Nurgle

20 X Cultists

20 X Plague Zombies (at least, maybe more)

I have something(s) else planned for a 2nd Vow if I make it to that point.

Archived