The Big FAQ: Chaos Changes

Kaiju Soze

Holy :cuss he’s added some great stuff since I last checked his shop. Those Not-World Eaters pistols are amazing! Many things are, wow. Must... resist...

So, I bring you all anecdotal evidence from the battlefield, trying out new post-FAQ goodness. Had a friendly, "trying out some stuff" match against Space Wolves doing similar. Played the whole game with everything on the field - no reserves of any kind.

Renegade Advance/Charge: I like it. Leads to fun things. Flamer Bikes and a Heldrake were properly annoying. Jetslogging Raptors... were ignored, but grabbed an objective and took out a Rapier Battery. 

Combibolter/Power Axe Chosen: meh. They were there, they were amusing, they did nothing of note. So... kinda expected. Possessed did better, but I did roll a 6 on the D3, so that helps.

Double-Scourge Helbrute: Oh... oh my. This thing is a beast. Now, backing him up with a Sorcerer is where he really shines. First turn, beefed him up with Diabolic Strength and then a Warptime, mixed with advance and charge, and he's crashing the front lines turn 1. Thanks to some good shooting clearing out chaff, he's smashing into Bjorn with 12 S10 -2 D2 attacks. Bjorn was slaughtered in one turn. Next turn, use Chaos Familiar to switch out Warptime for Death Hex, and take away the invuln save from TH/SS Wolfen. Another charge, another whole unit deleted... though they did fight back after death and those hammers smashed the 'Brute. And by the time he was gone, my Decimator had closed the gap and was taking over where he left off. 

I like Scourgebrute. He's fun. For the points, you're probably still better off with a Daemon Prince, though. But for the damage it can do, especially if supported, it's a nice tool to have around. 

Holy :cuss he’s added some great stuff since I last checked his shop. Those Not-World Eaters pistols are amazing! Many things are, wow. Must... resist...

Oh yeah. He's amazing. I follow him on FB and he's still working on new stuff.

Archived