The Big FAQ: Chaos Changes

Kaiju Soze

There are work arounds, though. The Drake is a legal Turn One Warptime target if you have a jump pack or TDA sorcerer to drop next to it, so if your opponent has a linear screen instead of a screen in depth, you can handily leap over it.

can't drop them next to it first turn, due to the same new reserve rules that are the entire reason the heldrake is getting another look in the first place.

A jump sorcerer could deploy & jump forward, though even then staying in range would restrict the drake's initial move.  Maybe a disk sorcerer borrowed from thousand sons?  Or a bike sorcerer pulled from the index?

I think what made it a lot harder to screen

Good points IronWithin, esp about the character sniping. Mid-late game ive seen exposed character targets who have a frontal screen but no backside screen.

Certainly there is value in a flyer that can tie things down. Combo that with some ground based Warptime shenanigans could create a real early assault overload scenario.

I thought a Maulerfiend was going to be my next buy but Heldrake might be the better option.

There are work arounds, though. The Drake is a legal Turn One Warptime target if you have a jump pack or TDA sorcerer to drop next to it, so if your opponent has a linear screen instead of a screen in depth, you can handily leap over it.

can't drop them next to it first turn, due to the same new reserve rules that are the entire reason the heldrake is getting another look in the first place.

A jump sorcerer could deploy & jump forward, though even then staying in range would restrict the drake's initial move. Maybe a disk sorcerer borrowed from thousand sons? Or a bike sorcerer pulled from the index?

Bike would do it with the 6in Advance. Renegade Daemon Prince or Slaanesh CSM Daemon Prince w/Herald Support could be interesting too since they could charge.

Anyone thought up or used the new chosen rules? What loadouts are people using?

I was thinking of some combi-bolter chain axe ones for my khorne army, but im not sold on it. Any thoughts?

It's cheap and it's a lot of attacks in both combat phases. Field test it!

I was thinking of some combi-bolter chain axe ones for my khorne army, but im not sold on it. Any thoughts?

It's cheap and it's a lot of attacks in both combat phases. Field test it!

And it can reroll charge. In an emergency, it can fight twice with Fury of Khorne. If you're running World Eaters, they get yet more attacks.

I've been thinking of swapping my Possessed out for Chosen in my EC army. I can finally use my Palatine Blades as "count as" Chosen and not feel bad having them all kitted out with the sabres. Just count them as power swords. The plus for Chosen is that now you get the melee and bolters but Possessed still have higher movement and that extra wound with demon invuln save.

We need that EC codex with new 40k Palatine Blade units. A legion rule that expressly favors you having a melee army but with very little melee troops to pick from...

Combo-bolter power axe is what I'm eyeballing. Firepower for blobs, axes for harder shells. Gotta figure out how to convert better chosen

I am struggling to find a place when you can get decent combi bolters for chosen. Any ideas? There are plenty of places to get combi plasma, combi melta combi flamer etc

Spikes on GK combis?

I am struggling to find a place when you can get decent combi bolters for chosen. Any ideas? There are plenty of places to get combi plasma, combi melta combi flamer etc

Pop Goes the Monkey on Shapeways

There's always the cheap and easy route - get a boltgun and bolt pistol, chop the barrels off of both, then glue both barrels back on the boltgun. Doesn't look as nice as other methods, but it'll get the job done on a budget.

If questionable legitimacy is fine for you, there are a couple eBay vendors that sell just the combi-bolters from the Headhunter upgrade kit. Gets pricy, though.

Maybe the combis from the various terminator kits? They're bulky, but if you're modeling the Chosen with axes anyway the one-handed design of them could work.

Me? I have spare sprues of legion combi weapons of the three other flavors. Chop off the plasma/melta/flamer tip and attach a bolter one.

http://evilcraft.eu/category/products/weapons/

not quite as cheap as other options, but if you want combi weapons that are a bit more elaborate in terms of chaos flair & trim these are pretty good.  Not quite the same semi-organic look as the dark vengeance chosen models, mostly just more pointy & baroque, but a lot closer to it than most options, 3rd party or otherwise.

In general, though, I would use the 'add an extra barrel to the front of the bolter' method.  Cheap.  Easy.  Minimal reconversion of existing models.

I was having difficulty modeling two combi-bolters on a Rhino so I used one of those headhunter combis on the gunner in the same hatch as the pintle mounted combi bolter. I think it looks great but don’t want to re use the technique on my other two Rhinos.

How have others put two combi-bolters on one rhino?

File and glue would be my method personally.

Anyway, dragging this back to something resembling on topic, thank you whoever mentioned Dreadclaws! I'd completely forgotten they existed and it may have solved my Iron Warriors quandary if the beta rule comes in unchanged. I was gonna use a couple of Termites but that's not gonna pan out now.

Dragonlover

There's always the cheap and easy route - get a boltgun and bolt pistol, chop the barrels off of both, then glue both barrels back on the boltgun. Doesn't look as nice as other methods, but it'll get the job done on a budget.

If questionable legitimacy is fine for you, there are a couple eBay vendors that sell just the combi-bolters from the Headhunter upgrade kit. Gets pricy, though.

Maybe the combis from the various terminator kits? They're bulky, but if you're modeling the Chosen with axes anyway the one-handed design of them could work.

Me? I have spare sprues of legion combi weapons of the three other flavors. Chop off the plasma/melta/flamer tip and attach a bolter one.

Bits order the Tartaros Terminator combis. They're pretty lightweight looking and should fit well. The attached hand is roughly the same size as the hand for a normal marine.w

No snark intended, but that's exactly the thing he said was already readily available. He's talking about combi-bolters, i.e. the "twin-linked boltgun" weapon.

Archived