Codex: DW next week

Irbis

i´m gonna try out a combination of Deathwatch (Primaris) with my Custodes.  

a Custodes Battalion (2x Bike-Captain, 3x3 Guards with Speers) costs 785 Points.  It gives you speed with the 2 Captains and 3 units of midfield "bullys"  now we can add a solid firebase 

Killteam 1 and 2

5 Intercessors (Stalker-Bolter)

4 Hellblaster (Heavy Plasma)

1 Agressor

they get supported by a Apothecary and a Vexillus Praetor with the Vexilla Defensor (Custodes).  This give our Primaris DW Firebase a 5+ Invul. save.

now we´re something about 1500 Points (dont know the pointcosts exactly) 

enough to add a 3rd killteam and 2 HQ´s (Battallion)

3rd Killteam will be like:

5 Intercessor (AssaultBolter)

3 Hellblaster (Assault-Plasma)

1 Agressor 

1 Interceptor    

they can support our Custodes in the midfield

Does anyone know how having an Inceptor in your team effects whether or not they can go in Repulsors?

Unless it's different from the BA codex the repulsor states it cannot carry Jump Pack units.

It's the same in the SM codex as well.

I just wanted to add that this is why I'm having trouble fitting Inceptors into a Kill Team in my test lists. The Repulsor still has a role in Deathwatch I believe because you want minimal drops in deployment, and .... well the need for lascannons (I believe) is paramount in this army. So you're looking at killing two birds with one stone where as the Dreadnaught solution is still valid, it leaves you with Transport issues.

Does anyone know how having an Inceptor in your team effects whether or not they can go in Repulsors?

Unless it's different from the BA codex the repulsor states it cannot carry Jump Pack units.

It's the same in the SM codex as well.

I just wanted to add that this is why I'm having trouble fitting Inceptors into a Kill Team in my test lists. The Repulsor still has a role in Deathwatch I believe because you want minimal drops in deployment, and .... well the need for lascannons (I believe) is paramount in this army. So you're looking at killing two birds with one stone where as the Dreadnaught solution is still valid, it leaves you with Transport issues.

Primaris always have transport issues unless you're building around the Repulsor pulling double duty as a battle tank. That's certainly a valid option, but I feel like Primaris are the type of units that you'll see end up particularly powerful in the coming meta where your firebase needs to survive until the hard hitting glasscannons arrive from reserve. They have the range to make it happen, and can push forward with an advance to clear that screen quick. I think that's how I want to use them, but I really really want to see a Repulsor in DW colours.

The real winner here is deepstriking two Leviathans fro 3CP. Teleportarium is infantry or dreadnought units.

....or two Redemptors with the heavy + standard onslought cannons, to get a lot of shots

The real winner here is deepstriking two Leviathans fro 3CP. Teleportarium is infantry or dreadnought units.

....or two Redemptors with the heavy + standard onslought cannons, to get a lot of shots

Or two full squads of boltstorm aggressors. They don't move when you teleport in and double dakka their way to victory.

Question about the Tempest Shells stratagem. Have to use it with a model that can fire SIA, so can you combine Dragonfire rounds to add +1 to hit with the stratagem at a vehicle that's in cover?

No it is SIA or the stratagem not both.

Anyone else noticed this?

Deathwatch Codex entry on GW's website quotes 29 unique stratagems.

Deathwatch Datacards entry on their website quotes 28.

What card are we not getting?!

We get 28 unique. With 3 universal we get 31 total. 

We get 28 unique. With 3 universal we get 31 total. 

Someone named the stratagems from the Codex.

11 general Space Marine ones

18 Deathwatch unique ones

That's 29. So where is the 29th card that the datacards are missing?

It's a super secret strategem, so OP that it had to be hidden somewhere random within each Codex. It is said that it is so powerful, that even the GW editors don't really know what it does.

Do we know if Dreadnoughts happen to get the SIA rule or not yet? Now that storm bolters are on the menu, 2x SB Redemptors would be VERY nice if so.

No it does not there is 2 cost values for storm bolters 1 for SIA users and 1 for vehicles. 

Does anyone know the exact wording of the deepstrike stratagem?  All I know is that you can spend more CP to bring more units, but not the details.  While, command points aren't a big deal due to me playing guard, I still need to decide whether to give my captain a jetpack or just pay command points to bring him in with the kill teams.

Does anyone know the exact wording of the deepstrike stratagem?  All I know is that you can spend more CP to bring more units, but not the details.  While, command points aren't a big deal due to me playing guard, I still need to decide whether to give my captain a jetpack or just pay command points to bring him in with the kill teams.

Currently only a French review shows the codex and I don't know any French but heres the link for those who can.

Archived