+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

I Ornithologist rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete:

• Chaplain Venerable Dreadnaught with Twin Lascannon and Melee Weapon
  • Slam Captain with Jumppack, Hammer, and Storm Shield
  • Captain with Master Crafted Bolter and Power Sword
  • Lieutenant with Jumppack, Powerfist, and Combi Melta
  • Lieutenant with Grav-pistol and Chainsword
  • Sanguinary Priest with Jumppack, Bolt pistol, and Chainsword
  • 5 man Sternguard Veteran Squad with Melta, Gravgun, Combi-melta, Combi-grav, stormbolter and powerfist
  • 5 man Deathcompany with Jumpacks, 2 Thunderhammers, 1 Powersword, 3 bolt pistols, 2 chainswords.
  • 5 man Deathcompany with 1 Thunderhammer, and 4 with boltpistols and Chainswords. (One with Jump pack, but counted as on foot with approval).
  • 5 man Devastator Squad with 4 Heavy flamers and one combi-flamer
  • Razorback with Twin Lascannon and storm bolter.
Coming to a total value of 1331 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the badge of the oathbreaker until the year-end.

Not counting towards my vow, but I do have 2 extra Razorback turrets to paint and add to my collection. They’re getting done with the tank so I actually do it.

med_gallery_104017_14504_1282609.jpgmed_gallery_104017_14504_1110667.jpg

Bam! Now its time to paint some vehicles. Tonight. When I get time to do it.

That Devastator Squad looks fun :)

With my 1k vow I'm batch painting the lot for the base colours (black, silver, red) before putting them into manageable chunks for the detail. How are you going about it?

Nice scheme appearing on that chibi-Knight :thumbsup:

Is there a guide your following for that House?

No, this is what I came up to on my own basin on the House coat of arms. The idea was that according to fluff, Hawkshroud knights tend to add elements of heraldry of whoever they are oath-bound to fight alongside to their own markings. Hence the red elements.

Charlo, that's a brave scheme you're doing :eek::

Malinax rises!

Figured I'd test myself... Plus I wanted to paint something entirely different to anything previous.

Plus the transfer sheet they have is the NUTS! :thumbsup:

I'm so jealous of all the cool large models I see. I wish I could paint so well. 

As far as batching goes, I'm gonna break it down by squad again. I'm gonna do a character then a squad/ the razorback until I am done. I am starting on the Chaplin Dread, then going to move to the devastators. 

The dread is currently in base coat stage right now, plan is to paint it to be very reminiscent of the good old 2nd ed BA Chaplain. I have 3 of them, already done up, but I think one needs to be repainted. I might strip it and redo it as an OOC vow later, so we have a comparison. Also, I still need to pick up the new Jump-pack one, to complete my winged character series. 

I'm so jealous of all the cool large models I see. I wish I could paint so well. 

Practice makes perfect!

...Or in my case, time saving and lazy techniques that look good at a glace ;)

But seriously, getting to a nice solid tabletop standard is so achievable these days with the paint system and the tutorial videos :)

What gets me is how quickly people are painting models, and not to just a 3 colour minimum either, but good quality tabletop standard. I've been working on the same 5 death company for about 3 weeks now, and am just now happy with how the black looks. (and by grabtharr do I hate edge highlighting, my hands tremble at all the worst moments).

I know I'm a slow painter with young children, but people chucking out 1000 points or big ass models fully weathered in under a month make me feel pretty inadequate!

What gets me is how quickly people are painting models, and not to just a 3 colour minimum either, but good quality tabletop standard. I've been working on the same 5 death company for about 3 weeks now, and am just now happy with how the black looks. (and by grabtharr do I hate edge highlighting, my hands tremble at all the worst moments).

I know I'm a slow painter with young children, but people chucking out 1000 points or big ass models fully weathered in under a month make me feel pretty inadequate!

You answered your question there yourself, you're painting DC...!

Bloody blingy bastards take F O R E V E R.

The problem I have with large models is I get small pieces painted well, but I have problems getting the whole thing to look cohesive. 

I have 2 okay Storm ravens, and a Repulsor that looks good. My Land Raider is passable. But I find I shine the most on Dreads and smaller.

As for painting speed:

I go with a 1, 2, 3 painting philosophy in my army. 

Stage 1 paint jobs are for Troops. There are major details, and some good washes. Base coat, Wash, highlights. Small details like eyes, buckles, etc might just be covered in Wash, and not be painted their own color. They will look good on the table, but will look a bit lack luster up close.

Stage 2 paint Jobs are for Important units: Elites, Tanks, etc. More details than stage one. These are for models that someone will pick up mid- game to get a close look. DC would be here for me. 

Stage 3 is Characters and centerpiece units. All of the above plus edge highlighting and more. I really spend about the same amount of time on a character as I do a full squad of basic troopers. 

Decals are put on everything, provided you have them. Which I don't for the moment.

WIP Death Company...
These fellas are taking quite some time to detail up. Still *five* more to go, then chaplains for the pledge.

And yes, they are still missing heads.

med_gallery_64798_14233_32972.jpg

Closer Shots...

med_gallery_64798_14233_82351.jpg

med_gallery_64798_14233_59539.jpg

And with their uncle Chuck (pre-ETL... although he still has a few details to go on the arms.)

med_gallery_64798_14233_307849.jpg

I've powered through several minis last evening and managed to finish base-coating and shading the armor on Hellblasters, Ancient and 2 Inceptors and put first layer of gold on Tycho. Now onto the details and highlights.
Only Astorath and Stormtalon remain untouched for now.
med_gallery_105306_14251_315268.jpg

Small update:

gallery_40907_9492_8724.jpg

Second squad done. I'm at 25 out of 26 so just have the captain to finish.

Exquisite work so far!

WIP Death Company...

These fellas are taking quite some time to detail up. Still *five* more to go, then chaplains for the pledge.

And yes, they are still missing heads.

med_gallery_64798_14233_32972.jpg

Closer Shots...

med_gallery_64798_14233_82351.jpg

med_gallery_64798_14233_59539.jpg

And with their uncle Chuck (pre-ETL... although he still has a few details to go on the arms.)

med_gallery_64798_14233_307849.jpg

Another great job, nice and uniform :tu:

I quite like the colour choice for the blood drops :)

I've powered through several minis last evening and managed to finish base-coating and shading the armor on Hellblasters, Ancient and 2 Inceptors and put first layer of gold on Tycho. Now onto the details and highlights.

Only Astorath and Stormtalon remain untouched for now.

med_gallery_105306_14251_315268.jpg

:Eek

You really are demolishing these vows!

Land raider and Mephiston done.

I like the "go-faster stripes" ;)

Archived