+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Bad News Folks. While finishing my Astorath last Nite, I didn't realize thr body had rolled off my Paint Desk and on to the Floor. Well, I stepped on it and sort of lucky, sort of not, the axe completely shattered into single vertebrate and Axe Head, but the Body is like it was never damaged. It was Finecast.

So, now I'm super un motivated to finish it, but I'll probably finish up the Base and details on pack and just call it a day on it, until I can find a replacement Axe, hopefully in Metal so I can Pin it and not have it turn to crappy resin dust.

Sorry to hear that man! Look, this is an accident - I'm not going to penalise you extra for that... Complete the body base and details and if you find a replacement axe fine, if not I will still count this as complete. It's only fair. 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

WIP on my Knight. I've made some good progress in a couple of days. Skeleton pretty much completed, other than the eyes, and have most of the base coats down on the plating. 

I quit* :eek:

Seriously though, I am constantly amazed by the speed and quality this forum pumps out. Keep it up folks!

* Right, I pledge to get my Knight completed before the year is out.

Vow progress: Chaplain finished.

hIG5Jjx.jpg

-Ran

Why can I only like this once? Take a bow Ranulf, take a bow. Stunning :jawdrop:

I'm going to have to second Jolemai, that is mightily impressive.

Where did the helm come from?

Cheers

LM

I'm going to have to second Jolemai, that is mightily impressive.

Where did the helm come from?

Cheers

LM

Cheers Yellow. :smile.: The helm is one of the Reiver bare heads with gasmask plus some GS.

-Ran

hIG5Jjx.jpg

-Ran

Absolutely stunning conversion! Even more so, because it's so easy. Great idea and great paint-job to match it. The skull on the base with DC cross is a nice touch (among many other)!

Bad News Folks. While finishing my Astorath last Nite, I didn't realize thr body had rolled off my Paint Desk and on to the Floor. Well, I stepped on it and sort of lucky, sort of not, the axe completely shattered into single vertebrate and Axe Head, but the Body is like it was never damaged. It was Finecast.

So, now I'm super un motivated to finish it, but I'll probably finish up the Base and details on pack and just call it a day on it, until I can find a replacement Axe, hopefully in Metal so I can Pin it and not have it turn to crappy resin dust.

Sorry to hear that man! Look, this is an accident - I'm not going to penalise you extra for that... Complete the body base and details and if you find a replacement axe fine, if not I will still count this as complete. It's only fair.

Thanks. Still super salty about it, but made progress on my Captain, the last part of my Vow.

36751488_10103895515123367_7636743910064

Due to reasons, I'm gonna call this one done for the purposes of vow:

gallery_40907_9492_178573.jpg

Have 6 more to go (5 assault dudes and 1 priest).

Excellent DC Stormraven! When I get around to making one for my DC, I hope it is this good :)

Thanks. Still super salty about it, but made progress on my Captain, the last part of my Vow.

36751488_10103895515123367_7636743910064

Great choice of backpack and I like how dark the recess is - he's going to look ace complete :tu:

A nice follow up vow that will keep you busy for the next few weeks :thumbsup: What are you looking forward to completing the most?

Also, Semper has been very gracious with the occasional counts-as this ETL, and that needs pointing out :thumbsup::smile.:

Looking most forward to the Ancient – I finally have a decent idea for a banner, but let's see if it pays off...

Semper has been really great, and I definitely appreciate it. I don't have any standard dudes that are unpainted, so in the spirit of being able to finish a squad I care about, being able to count the HB marine as a standard sergeant is an Emperor-Send :yes:

hIG5Jjx.jpg

-Ran

I know this has been stated before, but I'm a huge fan of your painting style, Ran – I'm envious of how good all of your men have turned out, and it's a good source of inspiration!

@ Ranulf: This is amazing work man... Love your style! :tu:

A nice follow up vow that will keep you busy for the next few weeks :thumbsup: What are you looking forward to completing the most?

Also, Semper has been very gracious with the occasional counts-as this ETL, and that needs pointing out :thumbsup::smile.:

Looking most forward to the Ancient – I finally have a decent idea for a banner, but let's see if it pays off...

Semper has been really great, and I definitely appreciate it. I don't have any standard dudes that are unpainted, so in the spirit of being able to finish a squad I care about, being able to count the HB marine as a standard sergeant is an Emperor-Send :yes:

Aww, you guys... :blush.:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I know this has been stated before, but I'm a huge fan of your painting style, Ran – I'm envious of how good all of your men have turned out, and it's a good source of inspiration!

Thanks Aether! No need to be envious mate, my level of painting is achievable by anyone - there's no advanced techniques or equipment needed. It's just a simple basecoat, shade and edge highlight with a couple of brushes. It's time-consuming to go back and tidy up every stage before moving on to the next one, but all you need is patience and healthy dose of pedantry.  :wink:

@ Ranulf: This is amazing work man... Love your style! :thumbsup:

Cheers Semper! :smile.:

Absolutely stunning conversion! Even more so, because it's so easy. Great idea and great paint-job to match it. The skull on the base with DC cross is a nice touch (among many other)!

Thanks Majkhel! The base skull with the cross is nod to Blanche. Random engraved skulls were always his thing. :wink:

-Ran

Tactical or Command Squad box banner? Anyway, they would have been perfect for last year's conversion event, the GBBO :)

Not sure, note the castellated bottom of the banner. I forget which box that’s from.

Good to note, I do like a bit of conversion (within my skill limits)... I wonder if there will be another such event?

Have to echo all the other comments about how awesome Ranulf’s Chaplain looks B)

Vow deux

gallery_85153_13565_402547.png

gallery_85153_13565_1756568.png

gallery_85153_13565_223858.png

gallery_85153_13565_482615.png

10 man Tactical squad with grav cannon, plasma gun, combi-plasma

Terminator captain with thunder hammer and combi-plasma

141 points

Lieutenants, 1 with jump pack and power fist, 1 with master crafted boltgun and power axe

158 points

5 man devastator squad (picture coming soon, they're not even entirely off the sprues), cherub, heavy bolter, grav cannon, multi-melta, lascannon

160 points

I was supposed to be getting my tanks painted...

Gonna chime in Ranulf that's just piopping and clean. What color did you use for that black highlight. Looking wonderful!

Cheers brother_b! :smile.:

The black is a mix of 40/60 VMC Dark Prussian Blue / VMC Black, highlighted with VMC Grey Blue and then washed with a glaze made out of the original black with a lot of water added.

-Ran

Vow deux

gallery_85153_13565_402547.png

gallery_85153_13565_1756568.png

gallery_85153_13565_223858.png

10 man Tactical squad with grav cannon, plasma gun, combi-plasma

Terminator captain with thunder hammer and combi-plasma

141 points

Lieutenants, 1 with jump pack and power fist, 1 with master crafted boltgun and power axe

158 points

5 man devastator squad (picture coming soon, they're not even entirely off the sprues), cherub, heavy bolter, grav cannon, multi-melta, lascannon

160 points

I was supposed to be getting my tanks painted...

As soon as you've got the Dev Squad photo up you're good to go - you can throw it up in it's present state if you want :)

Seventeen models done in three and a bit weeks :teehee: and a re-vow increase to 645 points it certainly ticks all the boxes and i wish you all the best it complete. Crack on with it as soon as you can!!!

Still a ways to go, but I'm getting there.

42554833144_7d3de79418_c.jpgIMG_20180708_111754

42554833134_a8d0f56344_c.jpgIMG_20180708_111824

Coming along very well :)

How are you doing the eagle wing on the shoulderpad?

I'm thinking of dulling down the gold as much as I can but I think I might make it black instead to match with everyone else? Not too sure yet

Finished the furioso and liutenant just moments ago, and now I just have to let the varnish spray to dry properly. So tomorrow I will post the final photos, and I can finally complete my first vow.

I was planning to do a big second vow, but the last three weeks will not be enough for all that I was thinking. Also I will need to paint some troops, so that I can finally field a fully painted army in a game, and those guys will not net me a plenty of points. At the moment I’m looking at 5x bolter scouts, 5x tacticals, 5x assault terminators, baal predator and a razorback. Might be too harsh for 3+ weeks with my speed :)

Finished the furioso and liutenant just moments ago, and now I just have to let the varnish spray to dry properly. So tomorrow I will post the final photos, and I can finally complete my first vow.

I was planning to do a big second vow, but the last three weeks will not be enough for all that I was thinking. Also I will need to paint some troops, so that I can finally field a fully painted army in a game, and those guys will not net me a plenty of points. At the moment I’m looking at 5x bolter scouts, 5x tacticals, 5x assault terminators, baal predator and a razorback. Might be too harsh for 3+ weeks with my speed :)

Well, you've got four vows remaining so rather than go all in with that, play it safe and do subsequent smaller vows :)

What do you feel motivated to do first out of your options?

Archived