+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

And the 4thHorseman entered the Outpost! Everybody on your feet! :D

Welcome man - good luck with those Characters - just don't forget the "before" pics!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I Arkhanist rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete

• 14 Death Company​ with Jump Packs; 10 with bolters & chainswords, 2 with bolters and Power swords, and 2 with Thunder hammers.
  • Lemartes, Guardian of the Lost

of total value 449 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Yes, that is a BNIB Lemartes that's been floating around in my bits box since not long after he came out. I have the 90's era version somewhere... Toddlers+bank holiday has slowed me down a bit, but now I've posted this I can finally start painting!

(edit: fixed formatting)

Welcome to the event :) Toddlers and the bank holiday has slowed me down too - it just gives us more motivation to make up for lost time!

... Thinking about it, I did a similar vow in ETL V. It should prove fun to do :tu:

I Brother Carn rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Anges and vow to complete two captains of total value 262 pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end
med_gallery_82196_14224_75192.jpg
Captain - Jump pack, master crafted boltgun, relic blade
Captain - Terminator armour, thunder hammer, combi-plasma (with the lack of CHOOOM at the moment... I hope that is okey?)
I plan to join with more vow's later on, but lack the models at the moment, so lets start in smal scale this year! Last time i barley made it with a half Imperial fist army..

Welcome to the fold Brother Carn :) I'm sure you'll be fine this year as it looks like you've paced yourself and have some cool models to paint!

Could you tell me what jump pack that is? It looks really interesting.

I Ultra kblock rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angelsand vow to complete

10 man Intercessor Squad with Bolt Rifles

1 Primaris Captain with Plasma Pistol and Power Fist (GW Store Anniversary model)

of total value 279 Pts. on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

gallery_103521_14544_136576.jpg

Glad to have you with us :tu:

Remind us, do you collect Blood Angels or a Successor Chapter? Just wondering one your colourscheme :)

I Brother Aether rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete:

• 1 Captain with Jump Pack, Power Sword
  • 1 Brother Corbulo

• 5 Scouts (4 x Sniper Rifles, 1 x Missile Launcher) – Approved by Semper and Jolemai, so long as my color scheme significacntly differs from the 'used' condition they were acquired in.

• 10 Scouts (9 x Bolters, 1 x Heavy Bolter)

of total value 407 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

[Apologies if any math(s) are off, please let me know if they need to be fixed/adjusted!]

Note: This will be my initial vow (which is admittedly of modest size), and if things go well I will plan to expand this further – life is a bit busier than I anticipated, but I want to make sure that I get a vow out before the deadline!

The fact that you've pledged is the main thing :) Just work on it when you can and don't fret over it as there's loads of time left (we're not even at the end of week 1 yet and there's 13 total). As for the points, what I do is tally it up on Battlescribe (which is correct provided it's up to date...)

All the best with your vow :tu:

I Soulhunter1995 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete a Contemptor Dreadnought with a Kheres-pattern assault cannon & a DCW with combi-bolter of total value 165 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end :biggrin.:

gallery_105195_14304_501808.jpg

Given the fact that this is going to be my first ever painted mini, I might as well vow for the best looking marines :wink:

I've never done an ETL before and I'm mostly a lurker around here, but it's time to get involved.  I've been wanting to do a custom Marine Successor Chapter for a long time - and what better choice is there than to be a Son of Sanguinius?  I've had several of these kits sitting in my hobby queue since 5th edition, so this has been a long time coming. 

I finally decided to get started on this army around a month ago, and no more than a week later did I see Jolemai's thread recruiting for ETL VI.  As a Sisters of Battle player, my faith is greater than most - so when I just happen to end almost a decade of procrastination right at the same time as ETL coming back... surely that must be a sign from The Emperor Himself!

Therefore...

I, Bishoujo, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrea Lux VI on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete:

10x Assault Marines (9x Bolt Pistol and Chainsword, Sergeant w/ 2x Chainswords)

10x Vanguard Veterans (5x Lighting Claw pair, 5x Stormshield, 4x Power Axe, Relic Blade on Sergeant)

for a total value of 466 points on or before August 1st, 2018.  Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

HlKHRW4.jpg?2

nCz64h1.jpg?2

Welcome to not only the ETL but our corner of the B&C, I hope you feel at home here :)

First time I've seen the RG backpacks on some BA models and they look great! What colourscheme do you plan on going with for your custom Chapter? The best part is, anything goes :)

I, Grazcruzk, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete one Primaris Repulsor equipped with Las Talon, Twin Las Cannon, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, x5 Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, x2 Krakstorm Grenade Launchers, and Ironhail Heavy Stubber- a total value of 350pts. This vow will be completed before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

32116822_2015145995193436_10875214706549

A wild Grazcruzk appears!

i do love it when our veterans join the charge :happy.: Looking forward to seeing your version of it!

Welcome to not only the ETL but our corner of the B&C, I hope you feel at home here :smile.:

First time I've seen the RG backpacks on some BA models and they look great! What colourscheme do you plan on going with for your custom Chapter? The best part is, anything goes :smile.:

Thank you sir.  I'm still testing some schemes on some old AoBR marines, but I'm close to settling on something like this:

SVPhs0k.jpg

With some purple accents in there somewhere (squad marking stripe or something).

I Indefragable rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete the 11 units listed below of total value 1300pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.year-end

HQ:

Captain (Captain Blender)

-jump pack

-lightning claws x 2

(if you zoom in closely you'll see this is a conversion with BA iconography)

105pts

Captain (Captain Smash)

-jump pack

-thunder hammer

-storm shield

129pts

Captain in Cataphractii Terminator Armor (Captain Unkillable)

-combi-melta (pictured with both combi-volkite and combi-melta)

-thunder hammer

(using a Praetor in Cataphractii as counts-as)

166pts

TROOPS:

Intercessors x 5 (Intecessor Squad A)

-bolt rifles

-Sgt w/ bolt rifle + power sword

94pts

Intercessors x 5 (Intecessor Squad B)

-bolt rifles

94pts

Intercessors x 5 (Intecessor Squad C)

-bolt rifles

94pts

Intercessors x 5 (Intecessor Squad D)

-bolt rifles

94pts

FAST ATTACK:

Assault Marines x 8  (Assault Marines)

-jump packs

-inferno pistol x 2

-Sgt w/ inferno pistol + power sword

159pts

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Devastators x 5 (Devastators A)

-lascannon x 3

-Sgt w/ bolt pistol + chainsword

140pts

Devastators x 5 (Devastators B)

-lascannon x 3

-Sgt w/ bolter

140pts

Devastators x 5 (Devastators C)

-heavy bolter x 2

-Sgt w/ bolt pistol + chainsword

85pts

Total = 1300pts

Starting pics:

Hidden Content

HQ:

Captain Blender:

Captain Smash:

Captain Unkillable

TROOPS:

Intercessor Squad A

Intercessor Squad B

Intercessor Squad C

Intercessor Squad D

FAST ATTACK:

Assault Marines

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Devastators A

Devastators B

Devastators C

Boom, super-vow added! Another one to drag our average up :happy.: and it has a great balance of models to avoid burnout on one type. What do you think you'll start with, or are you going for a batch-paint?

I The4thHorseman rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete the 3 units listed below of total value 459 pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Astorath

Captain :Jump Pack, Storm shield, Thunder hammer

Librarian Dreadnought :Furioso fist, Meltagun, Halberd

++ Total: [23 PL, 459pts] ++

Another veteran on board, welcome back mate :)

(just don't forget that starting image!)

I Soulhunter1995 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete a Contemptor Dreadnought with a Kheres-pattern assault cannon & a DCW with combi-bolter of total value 165 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end :biggrin.:

gallery_105195_14304_501808.jpg

Given the fact that this is going to be my first ever painted mini, I might as well vow for the best looking marines :wink:

tbf, we are the best, yes. We're a modest bunch too...

If you need any advice, just ask away :) Will this be for your 3rd Company?

Welcome to not only the ETL but our corner of the B&C, I hope you feel at home here :smile.:

First time I've seen the RG backpacks on some BA models and they look great! What colourscheme do you plan on going with for your custom Chapter? The best part is, anything goes :smile.:

Thank you sir.  I'm still testing some schemes on some old AoBR marines, but I'm close to settling on something like this:

SVPhs0k.jpg

With some purple accents in there somewhere (squad marking stripe or something).

That should be quite nice when you're done and we don't have enough Successors in that (and similar) colours. Our Codex has some great ideas for markings be it on a Squad or Company level, with the Company ones working well with stripes. Off the top of my head, googling "BA Company banners" could be a good start :)

That should be quite nice when you're done and we don't have enough Successors in that (and similar) colours. Our Codex has some great ideas for markings be it on a Squad or Company level, with the Company ones working well with stripes. Off the top of my head, googling "BA Company banners" could be a good start :smile.:

I'll do that!  Thanks.  :biggrin.:

Thanks, Jolemai! I got it assembled point-ily for the ETL. The twin las cannon is the only thing magnetized so far, but it all will be at some point. I'm still trying to decide where the checkers are going to go..

I Ultra kblock rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angelsand vow to complete

1 Primaris Captain with Plasma Pistol and Power Fist (GW Store Anniversary model)

of total value 279 Pts. on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Glad to have you with us :thumbsup:

Remind us, do you collect Blood Angels or a Successor Chapter? Just wondering one your colourscheme :smile.:

I am just starting my Blood Angels collection. These will be my first Blood Angels and will use their color scheme.

Heard cool kids are posting WiP in this thread too.

Here is half a squad of tac marines:

gallery_40907_9492_135050.jpg

Takes me about 3 good days of painting to get half a squad done. So 15 days total for all 25 duders. Figure my captain would only take a day unless I get all super fancy with him.

Noticeably missing are decals. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to go with my normal company (6th) or have them match my alphael character's company. Plus I don't have gloss varnish for the transfers (wanted to try the Saint Duncan route for gloss, transfer than matte).

I Soulhunter1995 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete a Contemptor Dreadnought with a Kheres-pattern assault cannon & a DCW with combi-bolter of total value 165 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end :biggrin.: 

Given the fact that this is going to be my first ever painted mini, I might as well vow for the best looking marines :wink:

Welcome to the ETL Soulhunter! Your first ever painted mini eh? Well, I agree the BA colour are striking but can also be quite challenging (Emperor bless the spray undercoats). Feel free to ask advice on the more complicated techniques - such as shading and highlighting and good luck with it! :D

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@ Jolemai It will indeed be for my Third Company :) I have actually saved a paint guide on B&C which is technically for Thousand Sons Pre-heresy so hopefully I can give it a go :happy.:

@Captain Semper Cheers Cap :biggrin.: I`ll definitely try my best :happy.:

WIP on 16 Death Company.

Finish is a bit rough so far - the red took a couple of layers and needs some clean up (and is nice and fiddly on all the markings...), but taking a bit of shape.

Black will get cleaned up a bit before dawnstone highlights. Heads still obviously missing :-)

med_gallery_64798_14233_655826.jpg

med_gallery_64798_14233_580974.jpg

WIP on 16 Death Company.

Finish is a bit rough so far - the red took a couple of layers and needs some clean up (and is nice and fiddly on all the markings...), but taking a bit of shape.

Black will get cleaned up a bit before dawnstone highlights. Heads still obviously missing :-)

Looking good! Very nice touch with the banner! I'm going to one make one for myself if you don't mind :rolleyes:

Food for thought - why not give him a TH since his other hand is occupied...

Thanks, Jolemai! I got it assembled point-ily for the ETL. The twin las cannon is the only thing magnetized so far, but it all will be at some point. I'm still trying to decide where the checkers are going to go..

What are the options? Anything we can help with?

Glad to have you with us :thumbsup:

Remind us, do you collect Blood Angels or a Successor Chapter? Just wondering one your colourscheme :smile.:

I am just starting my Blood Angels collection. These will be my first Blood Angels and will use their color scheme.

Heard cool kids are posting WiP in this thread too.

Here is half a squad of tac marines:

gallery_40907_9492_135050.jpg

Takes me about 3 good days of painting to get half a squad done. So 15 days total for all 25 duders. Figure my captain would only take a day unless I get all super fancy with him.

Noticeably missing are decals. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to go with my normal company (6th) or have them match my alphael character's company. Plus I don't have gloss varnish for the transfers (wanted to try the Saint Duncan route for gloss, transfer than matte).

Stunning (as always). Oh, and three days :jawdrop:

WIP on 16 Death Company.

Hidden Content

med_gallery_64798_14233_655826.jpg

Well damn it, now I need a DC banner guy in my force. (Even if he's channeling the Boltons...)

Hmm - yeah thunder hammer would be quite apt. I guess when I was building them I figured it might be contested for wysiwyg sticklers and left off the field. Hence the most basic loadout.

Heh - yes it does look a bit flayed man. End goal (possibly post etl) is to shrink the old codex image of winged chalice onto some decal paper and add it over the top.

I, Slothysaur, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete a Razorback with a Storm Bolter and a Twin Lascannon and a squad of three Inceptors with Assault Bolters of total value of 257 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_85034_14559_45948.jpg

gallery_85034_14559_39305.jpg

EDIT: Wrong picture links.

Archived