More Last Chance to buy misery

Reyner

Is Heresy over?

No.

Is Heresy being changed in terms of priority?

More then likely yes.

I think we will see some of this discontinued stuff move into the "made to order" category and heresy as a game is still supported.

Besides, if you really want some of these older kits well...*cough cough* CHINA *cough cough*

Really like the MKII, but only used 10 Assault and 5 heavy so far. The LCTB forced me to get 5 Heavy, Despoiler and Tacticals each – way earlier than planned and just to make sure I can add them to one of my existing armies in the future. Sadly this means I will not start a White Scars AoD army unless I learn to do perfect recasts myself… I understand GW's or FW's 'potential reasonings' (see Reclusiarch Krieg's post – which I cannot quote for the thread is closed – here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/347403-fw-at-it-again-weapon-sets-lctb/?p=5085736), but I am a bit sad to see the models go. I entered Heresy a bit late with BaC. FW got quite some money out of me for sure, but could have gotten plenty more, but hey, that is the way things go.

Dunno, to me it seems quite simple: GW LCC ends their financial year on may 31st and someone who deals with economics rather than the creative team has pushed through the discontinuation of the lowest selling percentile, be that 1, 5 or 10% - thats why we se these, from the gaming point of view, wierd things like all the shouldermounted heavy weapons go but only the MKII heavy weapons infantry kit, while the MKIII and IV remain (now without weapons) or that they have put EVERY bolter kit on the chopping block while keeping the MKIII through VI who need those kits.

So the sky isn't falling, the Heresy is not being axed.

However, the communication to the community of customers has been way way below what is acceptable so do as I did - write them a polite email telling them while you understand that there are economic realities the company must abide by this has been handled in a truly appaling manner and that you are very very dissapointed in them because you too have economic boundries to move within and have you been given a months notice you could have allocated funds to buy those kits you really wanted before they go away. But now you won't get the kits you want and they don't get to sell them to you - no one is satisfied because of their inability to communicate their intentions properly and their sales will suffer as a result.

On the plus side it seems the Cataphractii weapons upgrades designed to be used on the plastics don't seem to be marked as LCTB so here's hoping we see some like that for the plastic Tartaros too.

Unlikely but who knows?

So... This is weird.

The Palatine Blades are back on Forge World's site as available, but when you click on them, it comes up with this:

"Error 404 - All Records Expunged from Library

Sorry, the page you are looking for does not exist or it may never have existed. Not to worry, just click on the Forge World logo to return to the homepage."

Anyone else having this issue?

Also: the Cataphractii Power axes aren't gone. The other Power Axes kit, the one that's just the axes, is still on the site.

Interesting...

So... This is weird.

The Palatine Blades are back on Forge World's site as available, but when you click on them, it comes up with this:

"Error 404 - All Records Expunged from Library

Sorry, the page you are looking for does not exist or it may never have existed. Not to worry, just click on the Forge World logo to return to the homepage."

Anyone else having this issue?

Also: the Cataphractii Power axes aren't gone. The other Power Axes kit, the one that's just the axes, is still on the site.

Interesting...

The axes that were removed were for the Resin Cataphractii, which will probably be cut next.

The axes that are left are the ones that are upgrades for the Plastic Cataphractii.

Legion combi-weapon sets are in the picture as being last chance to buy, but are not formally listed yet. I guess they're going to be added on soon too. Real pain in the ass that this is happening week after week, especially now that the 100 quid shipping offer has expired. Not pleased at all.

Legion combi-weapon sets are in the picture as being last chance to buy, but are not formally listed yet. I guess they're going to be added on soon too. Real pain in the ass that this is happening week after week, especially now that the 100 quid shipping offer has expired. Not pleased at all.

Where, I'm not seeing it.

YLWHHQT.png

YLWHHQT.png

Aww hell.... :down:

Andy Hoare will go to the Warhammer Twich stream on June 7th to talk about the future of 30k, and then they'll host a 30k game.

Hopefully we'll find out whats happening then.

Just realised that this means we'll in all likelihood never see combi-choom being released, especially with Volkite Culverins being cut out as well. I can understand the majority of the heavy weapons going since GW can cover them through the plastic HH stuff or through 40k sets like the Devastators, but Culverins?

Well over-under combi weapons are in the plastic MkIV box.

A single combi-weapon. I'd rather just buy a pack of combi-weapons thanks

You are right. I had the number three in mind but that is per B@C box not per tactical squad.

I agree with STC Logisengine, this is a fiscal year thing - which means we should have one more round of cuts and that's it. The Friday after that is June 1st. If anything more gets cut on that date, I'll have my pitchfork out when Andy Hoare makes his Twitch appearance. But it'll probably end on May 25th, and then we just have to deal with the fact that 30k will get less of Forge World's attention than before - and that FW is no longer allowed to be the boutique shop with rare little niche items for sale.

I'd expect the resin equivalents of models available in plastic (Mk III & IV, the two Terminator types) to get killed off, along with some of the older Dreadnought models, and some of the knight heads.

I need more Mk II for my White Scars, but after making a panic purchase during torso week, I'm not sure I'm willing to do it again. I'll hope they do a Made to Order run when Book 8 comes out, and I'll trawl eBay less discerningly than I used to. Okay I admit, I'm still on the fence about not getting some more.

I'd be surprised if they kill the combo weapon set, they were reasonably popular, and not particularly niche in application... They did say "they might revisit some things" for example I have yet to see an official white scar image not in MKII plate. Unless they want to retcon their armor significantly they have to push out a MKII plastic (we can hope) or bring back mkII on a limited basis. Then again if my theory is correct its some business analyst calling the shots, who is making decisions based on spreadsheets, not logic... 

Archived