More Last Chance to buy misery

Reyner

They did not kill LOTR, how any people actually play that game? A badly mismanaged corporate change in priority is likely a better description. Remember "behind a veneer of corporate professionalism, is a semi functional bureaucracy prone to pennywise pound foolish behavior"

I bought and build Assault Marines recently and the quality is horrible to say the least. Maybe they killed MKII because their casting moulds are done and due to low orders wherend deemed profitable to be remade as well?

I bought and build Assault Marines recently and the quality is horrible to say the least. Maybe they killed MKII because their casting moulds are done and due to low orders wherend deemed profitable to be remade as well?

Ouch, I'm eventually receiving 15 mkII dudes (5 assault, 5 despoilers, 5 tacticals) in the next order...

The MK2 assault squad I bought a couple of years back was fantastic quality- still never got round to converting them into a Locutarus Storm Squad.

Was debating putting in an order for 15 assault marines so that’s sort of answered a question for me. The FW site shows skinny legs on the unpainted photos but the painted ones show a different set which are in line with the new fatter tac squad legs?

Was debating putting in an order for 15 assault marines so that’s sort of answered a question for me. The FW site shows skinny legs on the unpainted photos but the painted ones show a different set which are in line with the new fatter tac squad legs?

The legs are not as big as those plastic dudes I can tell.

The legs are not as big as those plastic dudes I can tell.

Just so you know, the unpainted photos show the old MkII Assault squad kit, not the 'Legion' kit; the pistols are a different mark, and the leg poses are all different too!

The painted photos show what you actually get in the kit, legs in line with the redone MkII Legion Tactical/Despoiler kits!

i had some terribly miscast jump packs in my last pack of MKII Assault Jumppacks a few months ago. Sent forgeworld an email about that problem and received a second pack as a replacement. They really want to have them out!

Also I am happy that I had included some combiweapons in my last order that I might (not?) receive in 35 days ;)

I  bought a set of the MkII assault marines for my World Eaters and I mostly agree with you. I will say I think the quality was fine but the mold lines along the armor panels on the legs are in a place that makes it really hard to scrap or sand down without ruining any detail. 

i had some terribly miscast jump packs in my last pack of MKII Assault Jumppacks a few months ago. Sent forgeworld an email about that problem and received a second pack as a replacement. They really want to have them out!

Also I am happy that I had included some combiweapons in my last order that I might (not?) receive in 35 days :wink:

im more annoyed they havent taken my damn money yet dont these people understand how little impulse control i have if i see £300 in my account il try and spend it XD.

I am building all my HH DA based on GW plastics and for a reason

The only thing is about assault marines but i am converting mk3 ones using third party Jump packs

Thanks to FW phasing out mk2 assault marines so if fluff nazi Will complain about mk3 not being able to have Jump packs i cani reply them that there is no mk2 assault marines anymore!

It's sad to see resin marines ho but armies in plastic mk3/4 are Amazing ad well so i don't worry at all

I am building all my HH DA based on GW plastics and for a reason

The only thing is about assault marines but i am converting mk3 ones using third party Jump packs

Thanks to FW phasing out mk2 assault marines so if fluff nazi Will complain about mk3 not being able to have Jump packs i cani reply them that there is no mk2 assault marines anymore!

It's sad to see resin marines ho but armies in plastic mk3/4 are Amazing ad well so i don't worry at all

And there where plans to do MKIII Assault Marines but it was cancelled because limitation in the possible number of kits and with no fluff reason. So yeah, they had MKIII Marines and they look awesome with big Jump Packs.

Both the original MKII despoiler squad and the replacements sent to me by forgeworld two months ago had glaring casting issues, They were ill designed in my opinion with a mold seam that crosses rivets on the outer leg... Well designed kit are built with mold seams in mind.... 

Both the original MKII despoiler squad and the replacements sent to me by forgeworld two months ago had glaring casting issues, They were ill designed in my opinion with a mold seam that crosses rivets on the outer leg... Well designed kit are built with mold seams in mind....

That is exactly how my Assault Squad looks.

I think i may have been lucky with mine, though i ordered by lot a while back when i was still working on Alpha Legion i was impressed at how clean the casts were. Of course, this is likely waaaay back before Betrayal and thus probably before the moulds got ragged!

I wish i could order some more now but the previous Last chances have ragged my wallet :( 

Archived