Imperial Knight faq is out! + codex Renegade knights

hermanista

So am I reading this right? Can I Take a lance of 3 armigers and get 6cp?

or one questoris and 2 armigers for 6cp?

No :P

You still get no CP if you take just Armigers.

You have to have at least ONE full size Knight (must have the titanic keyword) to get 3CP. If you have at least 3 big Knights, you get 6CP.

So one Questorus, and two Armigers will net you 3CP, not 6.

So am I reading this right? Can I Take a lance of 3 armigers and get 6cp?

or one questoris and 2 armigers for 6cp?

You have to take at least 1 questoris/dominus to get the 3 CP and 3 Questoris/Dominus to get 6 CP. Plus the 3 for battle forged obviously

All I know is this news just had me convert my AdMech Batallion into pure support and repair. The dual Warlords are now in my Knights army and so are the heirlooms!

Probably going to give this a shot tonight. If I understand correctly, this gives me 14 CPs to start the game!

COMMAND POINTS ARE FIXED!

Page 106 – Knight Lances ability

Change the last sentence to read:

‘The Command Benefit of each Imperial Knights Super-heavy Detachment is changed to ‘None’ if it does not contain at least one Imperial Knights Titanic unit, and is changed to ‘+6 Command Points’ if it contains at least three Imperial Knights Titanic units.’

Good lord. This alone... I want to finish building my titan legions... but it doesn't look like it affects the chaos variants yet sadly.

Just read through the chaos index again.. they do have the same rule. ^_^

Forgeworld are working now, as per the IA Index: Astra Militarum Faq, where they are listed. You're still paying FW prices for them but they're 100% legal RAW now.

(Gasps in binary)

Hello forgeworld store, be gentle (wallet wimpers)

And, you still play 1CP for Rotate on all the FW Knights - even that Acastus. Take that Dominus class! Muhahahahaha!
Sweet diodes! Is that for real? Brilliant. And I guess when they eventually nerf to 3CP cost - the Acastus class might have 2-3 reactors for boom time to balance maybe so there is that to look forward to

The worst aspect of the *!%^shrine, is that you have to burn a detachment to take it. It'd need to be sooooo much better for that to be worthwhile.

Take a Void shield generator instead. It costs more, but hell, if you have shooty Knights that you don't mind keeping still ala the *!%^shrine, park them next to that, get what amounts to a free rotate Ion shields (on everything), and still retain your shooting.

Erm, am I missing something...? As far as I'm aware, the Void Shield Generator just grants a flat 5++ to units wholly within 6", not a +1 to existing invulns, so its benefit to knights, who all already have a 5++ against shooting attacks, is literally nil.

Booooo! AdMech Rotate Ion Shields is now 1cp/3cp.

Oh well.

Also, noticed Stryx and Mageara count as Questoris for the +6/+3 cp, but Cerestus don’t. Interesting.

SJ

well that is kinda crappy to leave out. rotate ion shields is a main draw of Cp's after all.

But now I welcome our new imperial knight overlords, though with my current models I can really only run 3 in a 2,000 point list anyways, but I have enough wiggle room for a full batallion of admech so I'm quite happy with this new FAQ.

Also, noticed Stryx and Mageara count as Questoris for the +6/+3 cp, but Cerestus don’t. Interesting.

What do you mean by fon't (I don't have the FW index)?

The FAQ says your knight needs to have the <Questor Titanic Knight> keywords; aren't the Cerastus Knights Titanic?

The worst aspect of the *!%^shrine, is that you have to burn a detachment to take it. It'd need to be sooooo much better for that to be worthwhile.

Take a Void shield generator instead. It costs more, but hell, if you have shooty Knights that you don't mind keeping still ala the *!%^shrine, park them next to that, get what amounts to a free rotate Ion shields (on everything), and still retain your shooting.

Erm, am I missing something...? As far as I'm aware, the Void Shield Generator just grants a flat 5++ to units wholly within 6", not a +1 to existing invulns, so its benefit to knights, who all already have a 5++ against shooting attacks, is literally nil.

Yeah, I was going by the index values which were a 4++ within 12". Apparently it was FAQ'd - gawd it's a pain tracking changes through that many documents... just ship a free digital copy with the physical ones, then update the digital copies GW!

(Don't get too hung up on it though, it was just an example of points better spent on terrain than the shrine, not a serious suggestion).

What do you mean by fon't (I don't have the FW index)?

The FAQ says your knight needs to have the <Questor Titanic Knight> keywords; aren't the Cerastus Knights Titanic?

They are indeed yeah. I think there is just some confusion as Lances used to key off of the Questorus / Dominus keywords. They don't any longer - just titanic as you state. Cerastus are fine.

To be traitorous for a moment could a brother confirm..

Controversial thought time: A.k.a how to be a with only 4 units featuring night lords (if I've read this right)

Step 1: take renegade knight detachment and have said knight as warlord taking the traitors mark relic (-1 ld in 12", -2 ld in 6")

Step 2: take a night lords detachment with 3 units of Nurgle raptors with an icon of despair each. (-3 ld per unit once it's charged something, -2 within 6")

Step 2: point at something you want to runaway, if needsbe charge it with all the raptors and have the knight in 6", and there is -11ld without batting an eyelid

Controversial thought time: A.k.a how to be a with only 4 units featuring night lords (if I've read this right)

Step 1: take renegade knight detachment and have said knight as warlord taking the traitors mark relic (-1 ld in 12", -2 ld in 6")

Step 2: take a night lords detachment with 3 units of Nurgle raptors with an icon of despair each. (-3 ld per unit once it's charged something, -2 within 6")

Step 2: point at something you want to runaway, if needsbe charge it with all the raptors and have the knight in 6", and there is -11ld without batting an eyelid

You can add an extra -1 if your Warlord is an Atrapos. Renegade Atrapos have an extra rule called 'Ancient evil' which gives -1 to leadership.

I'd have to check if all of these are stackable, but yeah. In theory you've the makings of one horrific morale bomb there.

Doesn't the night lords negative cap at -5? Up to negative 3 for the units themselves, additional -1 for icon of despair and additional -1 due to them being raptors? The raptor thing doesn't stack, does it? I do love night lords but man against some armies their rules are just useless unfortunately.

Throw a contemptor dreadnought in there with some butcher cannons if you're keen on really going for it with that fearsome knight list!

so looking through the stratagems that were leaked earlier, the only things/ stratums that cerastus knights can't get is the heirlooms and the household stratums. Dominus and questorus classes only, which for sure excludes the cerastus. it's fine, that just means my first character I will pick before those Cp's will be the archeon to get the god-flammer. still kinda a pain, but still manageable. 

gosh, I am loving this codex more and more as I think about this...

so looking through the stratagems that were leaked earlier, the only things/ stratums that cerastus knights can't get is the heirlooms and the household stratums. Dominus and questorus classes only, which for sure excludes the cerastus. it's fine, that just means my first character I will pick before those Cp's will be the archeon to get the god-flammer. still kinda a pain, but still manageable. 

gosh, I am loving this codex more and more as I think about this...

Good catch. This means that if you want to take a FW knight, it can get warlord traits and relics only if you pick it as the warlord naturally, as opposed to using the stratagems. Which locks us out of using the Grand Strategist/Kurovs Aquila thing (Well, you can pay a cp to get the Aquila). Still, with the new CPs we got from the FAQ, you could argue that we don't need them.

Oh, and the Acheron can't take the "god flamer" - if you meant the "Traitor's Pyre" relic, that is locked to the Valiant as an exchange for the conflagration cannon.

Edit: Hah, verily thou hath been ninjaed, Stray.

If it helps:

You could though give it the 'Blessed by the Sacristans' Warlord trait, then nominate it's Flamer to provide additional mortal wounds on wound rolls of 6+.

I do wonder if Exalted Court and Heirlooms of the Household not working with Cerastus Knights is an oversight, or intentional? They did call them out as having specific class keywords to be added to their datasheets, which unfortunately adds weight to the latter.

Notably, the Renegade versions haven't been handled that way...

Archived