Wolves and orks Teased ( killteam)

Triszin

I also have to add, and this speaks not for myself but many others, I have zero interest in Primaris marines. I will never field them in my SW army. If we all get is a codex and some Primaris models then all this wait will literally have been for nothing since they could have simply released that months in the past.

ya, I'd love for a 13th kit released, with all the "old wolves" model scale being inline with the new deathwatch/traitor armies in height (a half head taller than standard "old marines")

I also have to add, and this speaks not for myself but many others, I have zero interest in Primaris marines. I will never field them in my SW army. If we all get is a codex and some Primaris models then all this wait will literally have been for nothing since they could have simply released that months in the past.

I am with you on this brother, although I like the primaris models and appreciate the aesthetics of them I won't be fielding any in my lists, I am also not a competitive player at all and am more interested in a good narrative to my games so not having access to them in gameplay terms isn't that big of a deal for me. I am starting to get a bit jittery as more time goes on without any mention at all of our dex. I would love to see Russ come back and some of the older models get an update but am honestly looking forward just as much to getting some strategems we can use that are actually effective and give us some uniqueness with the way we fight, I'm, truly fed up of playing with just the handful we currently have access to, however I am still optimistic in general, just as long as it isn't too much longer !

One final note: I had a friend show me Tuesday night that in the Thousand Sons book, one of the pictures shows Space Wolves Hellblasters painted up and looking rather nice. It's not huge, but it does seem to show that odds are good the Wolves will get at least one Primaris unit. The problem as always is, what other Primaris shall we end up with, and to what end?

We've been able to take all the Primaris except the Apothecary since the beginning. However Long Fangs have been more preferred it seems due to rerolling 1's.

To counter bulwyf (sorry bulwyf) I have a interest in adding Primaris to my army just not any of the current ones. Give them some melee options, when a grey hunter can take a bolter+pistol+chainsword than my Primaris should be able to take them too. Did Primaris lose their melee capability when they gained size? Or did Guilliman ban melee as his brothers were better at it.

The other issue I see is that Orks and SW both expect a huge release. I don't remember GW doing 2 big factions releases so close to each other. However I could be wrong and maybe this Ork vs SW killteam is the firing pin to build a bigger narrative. Started off as killteam fight and grows to Russ vs Ghazghkull. I can see the Ork threat and 2 Daemon Primarch bearing down on the imperium being too much for Guilliman. That's when Russ emerges with his companions and start heading off the Orks.

I have nothing against other SW players getting Primaris models. I want to be clear on that. Just because myself and others don't want them doesn't mean that option shouldn't be there for other players. I am saying that if we waited THIS long until our codex and all we got was a codex and some Primaris upgrade kit...wow. What a complete and utter let down that would be.

I personally cannot fathom GW releasing *anything* regarding SW and orks that will justify the *UNEXPLAINED* delay. Why the *bleep* would a company think it was a good idea to release whole new codexes before the existing ones, and in addition not even bother to provide an explanation (even vague) to their current playerbase? The lack of codex isn't just a big inconvenience, there are many SW players that cannot in any real practicality participate in the active tournaments because they just don't have any kind of chance.

I'd be totally FINE if we get 0 new anything but get the damn book NOW. Save the new toys for Christmas. I'd just like to actually do more than stare at my models and play the occasional casual game (and by play I mean get stomped hard more often than not).

Sorry for the rant, but I really wish I knew an effective means to let GW know how pissed this player is (and it certainly seems I'm far from an exception). I just want an explanation, not a promise that I have zero confidence in.

honestly, I've been think about the delay gherrick.

to me, if there were  deamon horde was planned for later this year, but it got delayed, would explain the delay of the wolves and orks, have them be the holiday big guns.

Hopefully we are the August release. Honestly set the expectations for this codex to zero. GW hasn't shown they know how to make a power armor codex good. I expect we get a codex with BA/DA power level and then be the last one to be updated in the next cycle.

Maybe there is a chance because the 2018 codexes have all been decent.

No offense intended, but I’ll be genuinely shocked if the Wolves get anything more than a LT equivalent and a Primaris upgrade sprue. That is what both Angels got. I’d love a bunch of new stuff, but we’ve had zero model rumors, and nothing suggests anything different compared to the previous Codex hurryouts.

Hope for the best, expect the worst.

No offense intended, but I’ll be genuinely shocked if the Wolves get anything more than a LT equivalent and a Primaris upgrade sprue. That is what both Angels got. I’d love a bunch of new stuff, but we’ve had zero model rumors, and nothing suggests anything different compared to the previous Codex hurryouts.

Hope for the best, expect the worst.

The angels didn't wait a year for their codex and was said during one of the open days that there wasn't anything new for the angels or GK. So they knew to expect nothing. We have been teased with "you will be happy when it is released" with nothing else.

This sort of teasing with this sort of delay can end in 2 ways. A nice big release OR a huge outburst of anger from fans when nothing is released. GW should know this being a company that deals with a pretty agressive fandom. This is especially true when you are dealing with tournaments and competitive play elements.

I really could care less if our codex is so broken the eldar and guard players will concede when we step up to the table...I just want to be able to play a game with my models that I *ALREADY HAVE* but at a level that is actually enjoyable. I don't want a broken codex, I just want the whole edition to be far better balanced across the board. A guy can dream, right?

At this point, I have zero intention of doing any kind of financial response when our codex finally does come out. I've all the primaris I intend to buy, so GW missed the boat for getting me to buy anything else. This is what happens when your only actionable response is "it's coming". All upgrade sprues should have come out at the same time as the primaris models. Why would I want to buy an upgrade sprue *now* when all my models are already built and painted?

When our codex finally does come out, the next volume of chapter approved won't be much later...so we are effectively doubly boned since we won't have much time to test out the new codex (also true for the orks, yay), so I doubt there would be any real reason for us to even want to buy it. More sales lost...bad planning there, GW.

GW needs to put the codexes (or at least the point charts) into an e-book format, drop the whole nonsense of this yearly CA "fix". Maintain an electronic version so it can get updated far more effectively (like quarterly updates).

On top of what I've already spent (time, money, frustration) asking me to buy an electronic device to maintain the rules/codecies/updates would definitely be the push I need to start playing D&D on Sunday nights instead of 40k....

GW needs to be aware of the tournament schedule

SW and Ork players are missing out on some big names coming around soon

I agree the late timing and the chapter approved (i will never pay for that crap) do not encourage spending

I would prefer a digital codex first. Easier to maintain and update, then have a hard copy made 6 months down the line once an faq is made and all the bells and whistles sorted out for a good finished hard copy with no errors.

Honestly, I thought the delay was due to someone accidentally placing wrong models on display, and then the actual release schedule got messed up, so now GW went with a new schedule, so the wolves got pushed back.

My only hope at this point is that we get a book in tandem with big FAQ 2 bringing some marine overhauls.

Really I think what we need more than anything is a command point overhaul. That and getting rid of the command detachment.

honestly, I've been think about the delay gherrick.

to me, if there were  deamon horde was planned for later this year, but it got delayed, would explain the delay of the wolves and orks, have them be the holiday big guns.

I suspect that they're gonna to approach the holidays with a campaign focus, and have a model or two for multiple fractions. 

I agree that we *and Ork players and GSC players* are missing out on huge tournaments. You don't get those back. You also don't get back the year plus of other tournaments, both big name and local store, that you lost or couldn't even compete in because of no codex. Some of my local area players have been asking me for months to put my SW in local store tournies for some meta variety but I refuse. We need our codex to have some kind of chance in those beyond the "almost no hope" level of chance.

I personally cannot fathom GW releasing *anything* regarding SW and orks that will justify the *UNEXPLAINED* delay.

I don't think the delay is unexplained. GW has been churning out codices at a rate of around 2 per month for the last year. Simply put, someone has to be at the back of the queue. While it sucks that it turned out to be such established factions as Orks and SWs, I don't think there is necessarily a "deeper" explanation.

Why the *bleep* would a company think it was a good idea to release whole new codexes before the existing ones.

Because Money!

New army releases generate more revenue than revamps. Their experience with AdMech and Harlequins showed them that there was appetite from customers for these more obscure factions and they have responded. Hence we have seen Custodes and a big upgrade to Knights as well as Primaris and Death Guard.

Again it sucks to be bumped by all-new armies but GW are about making profit and I have seen enough Deathguard and Custodes armies in my area to believe that GW knows how to make money.

At this point, I have zero intention of doing any kind of financial response when our codex finally does come out.

And this is why we are getting new armies instead of all the old codices first. GW knows that new players and armies are more profitable than veterans.

Just curious, do you think Space wolves seem to be a rather old market? For my part, i've still got too much Grey Hunter sprues, without trying to go for Primaris ones whose performance is still painfully average compared to our good old "mini marines". Not sure about rest of market, but it seems like its hard to draw new Wolves players without overplaying the wolf wolf wolf theme. In my own meta, I only count 3 Space Wolves players including myself, and 2 of the others also have separate armies to paint and play, leaving me still the only mono-wolf who doesn't play wolves.

I guess it could be worse. We could be simply be written off as unprofitable or at best, like there is no potential in Wolves market, and then be Squatted like the poor Tomb Kings or, well, the Squats. 

Sigh, rest in peace, Settra the Imperishable. He does not serve. He RULES!

My only hope at this point is that we get a book in tandem with big FAQ 2 bringing some marine overhauls.

Really I think what we need more than anything is a command point overhaul. That and getting rid of the command detachment.

This is a different and already existing thread but if you don’t think stuff like terminators or basic PA armor marines need love you’re crazy. If you think they’d just give it to us an not others you’re crazier. Or GW is I guess.

This is a different and already existing thread but if you don’t think stuff like terminators or basic PA armor marines need love you’re crazy. If you think they’d just give it to us an not others you’re crazier. Or GW is I guess.

Space marines and termies absolutely need help and massive point reductions. I know this isn't the thread to discuss it but since it relates directly to SW it applies here as well. When the heroes of the lore and fluff aren't even remotely competitive in mono lists then you have a problem.

I posted to their Facebook asking why are we getting side games, and not a completed codex lineup. The response "the side games are made by a different team". Oh well. I'll play my Knights, sell my nids, and play some AOS instead I guess.

I don't think the issue is with how they pointed the elite stuff, the problem is with the cheap horde units. So I'd rather see them realize that a marine isn't worth 3 guardsman and try to change the ratio by making the guard more in line with their actual value because its not just marine troops they out class.

Also GW won't give boosts like that out in a FAQ they'll do what they did in seventh and release an "angels of death" supplement with rules for all marines if they go that route.

Either way I'm excited for Kill team.

Archived