Wolves and orks Teased ( killteam)

Triszin

I also have to add, and this speaks not for myself but many others, I have zero interest in Primaris marines. I will never field them in my SW army. If we all get is a codex and some Primaris models then all this wait will literally have been for nothing since they could have simply released that months in the past.

You're going to be disapointed in GW forever, because there will likely never be a new loyalist mini-marine kit ever again. Primaris is the template now.

I think SW should get more from GW than what Dark Angels or Blood Angels got, but if we do get a custom kit i expect it will still come in a Primaris wrapper and I am okay with that (like a bunch of SW characters like Primaris Priestd, Lords, etc).

I also have to add, and this speaks not for myself but many others, I have zero interest in Primaris marines. I will never field them in my SW army. If we all get is a codex and some Primaris models then all this wait will literally have been for nothing since they could have simply released that months in the past.

You're going to be disapointed in GW forever, because there will likely never be a new loyalist mini-marine kit ever again. Primaris is the template now.

I think SW should get more from GW than what Dark Angels or Blood Angels got, but if we do get a custom kit i expect it will still come in a Primaris wrapper and I am okay with that (like a bunch of SW characters like Primaris Priestd, Lords, etc).

GW has said on multiple occasions they are not going to discontinue the real Space Marine models.

GW has said on multiple occasions they are not going to discontinue the real Space Marine models.

No discontinue is not the same thing as releasing new kits.

Discontinue mini Marines and make new mini Marines are 2 separate things. We may get 13th company at DG scale, but not the SM scale. However I am extremely doubtful that this will happen. It's been made clear Primaris are the future for the Angels, codex Marines, and SW are setup to fail and need the Primaris too.

Yeah and they'll probably sell the tactical marine kits and the like another 15 years until the titanium molds wear down. But they're never ever going to make a new one.

Think of GW's model with mini-marines like backwards compatibility on a game console. Yeah GW is going to keep giving you ways to play to get and play the old kit, but anything they make going forward will be to the new Primaris standard.

Like, i don't doubt we'll start seeing Chapter specific Primaris kits in the next few years along with Primaris updates to guys like Ragnar or the like, and in the next 10 you staft seeing things like say, Primaris Thunderwolf Cavalry succeed those kits as the titanium molds wear out.

They released these redesigned Space Marines to refresh the Space Marine and give them an updated, modern look to their brand and make then look cool again in a modern contemporary media space. Primaris was a big giant initiative for them that cost them millions of dollars. It wasn't a diversion for then and they're not going backwards.

I expect what Wispy is saying to be true.  Although I don't plan on adding Primaris to my space wolves I think the models are excellent. They are so much more to scale of what a space marine should look like. If I ever decide to collect primaris it will probably be for a different chapter. Maybe as the Primaris SW range expands my mind will change. Surely they have to give us something. SW players buy. We have always been a popular faction and when we get new kits they always jumps to the best seller list on the site.

I wonder what that will mean for potential 13th Company models? Maybe they will use the Mkiii armor. Maybe it means we don't get 13th company models/rules.

I can't wait for this dang book.

Couldn't it happen that current "tactical Marines" could just be reused as "Primaris tactical Marines" or some such.

So whatever Primaris replaces tactical line troops (intercessors?) but GW just says 'oh you can use the old tactical marine minis as (insert whatever Primaris unit)".

I would assume most if not all of us, don't have any idea how worn out the molds are. They could have been told 2 years ago they need to replace the tactical marine mold by 2020, and just decided to make Primaris instead. Who knows what's going over at GW but the management and I am sure they aren't spilling beans, though I would love to sit and talk with them. Though I am of the opinion if done right Primaris could be a huge success. Their stats are closer to how SM should be, their models are closer, and they have so much potential.

They need to square where Primaris Space Wolves start, though. They're only making new Space Marines the Primaris way now, so does... that would mean, unfortunately, unless they start making Primaris Blood Claws, that eventually there will be no more Blood Claws.

A Primaris Blood Claws kit would go a long way to squaring things.

(Also it would be stupidly competitive tabletop unit and fun)

Also the Reiver Pack Leader is dual wielding a bolt carbine and his combat sword. Is that codex standard or a ttue grit twist?

Could be a mistake. GW also gave a messed up one of the angel I tercessor and gave them a chainsword instead of a powrsword or vice versa.

Then again could be unique for killteam as they are allowing mixed units of Primaris and mini Marines.

Also no mention of Grey Hunters or Blood Claws, so we are probably no special rules for SW's. We are being forced to be codex compliant for this game. So Grey Hunters would have been awesome being able to use chainsword, pistol, bolter / plasma/melta/flamer upgrade.

people said it was faq'ed that the sergeant can use a blade and a carbine.

=/

Good catch, and it's in the codex Marines faq, nothing for the index/ba/da faq. The ba/da codex could already reflect the codex faq though. So SW are in the cold about the reiver sergeant.

people said it was faq'ed that the sergeant can use a blade and a carbine.

=/

Good catch, and it's in the codex Marines faq, nothing for the index/ba/da faq. The ba/da codex could already reflect the codex faq though. So SW are in the cold about the reiver sergeant.

I'm really hoping its standard loadout options for our reiver troopers, and our seargeant can take helfrost blades.

Well that is disappointing... really. We are rolled with Codex compliant chapters. No special weapons, not one of our units. No Frost Weapons, no units, no Helfrost, not even Chapter Tactics... nothing. And I have to say this dampens my enthusiasm in the game. A lot. We aren't unique to the game, and every build I do can be done by an Ultramarine or whatever. And while I can still roleplay their motives and their names, it takes away from the game as a whole. This went for "holy **** I really want to play this" to "I'm interested but I have no hurry to try it out". And compounding with our treatment im regards to Codex... it does feel even worse. Well, chin up and keep holding

We have to remain patient and judge the codex release when it comes. Hopefully the delay is because GW is either going to release something new for us or at the very least increase the power level to put us on par with all the other 8th ed non-marine releases to date. (Demons and Necrons probably have some gripes too)

We can't expect to get unique options for Primaris now. It would be sweet. But, at the moment we have a mature range for non-Primaris miniatures. With how busy GW has been with other stuff they couldn't have time to expand their offerings for Space Wolves too much. Expanding the Primaris range will probably happen with the Codex Space Marines first.

We only have 1-3 months to wait until our codex. It's going to be here soon!

Man if GW was going to break their promise about getting everything done in a year they picked the wrong faction to break that promise with. SW players know how to hold a grudge. I pray for them that they knock this release out of the park.

Man if GW was going to break their promise about getting everything done in a year they picked the wrong faction to break that promise with. SW players know how to hold a grudge. I pray for them that they knock this release out of the park.

Can anyone confirm if GW promised a year or if this is just something that people keep repeating?

I can't find a post to that effect and my recollection is that GW said something more to the effect that they were aiming for "about a year" rather than promising it would all be done in that time.

Can anyone confirm if GW promised a year or if this is just something that people keep repeating?

I can't find a post to that effect and my recollection is that GW said something more to the effect that they were aiming for "about a year" rather than promising it would all be done in that time.

If memory serves it was mentioned that they would be releasing codexs over the next year. Nothing about what a year means. A year from first codex (September 2017) or through out the year of 2018 (so decided 2019) or just simply releasing codexs but not all of them.

They said it in several interviews back when 8th edition came out. I was also told by their 40k FB page in a PM that the plan was to have all codexes out a year after 8th edition released.

Clearly they broke that promise. What bothers me the most about it is that they put in brand new armies in that  year instead of giving all existing 7th armies their books first.

I've given up any hope that we are going to get any kind of special treatment with our codex. I don't expect new units or Russ. I don't even trust that we are going to get an actual codex at this point.

In their defense I am sure they had every intention of completing everything within the year. And releasing so many books as they already have in that amount of time is quite the feat. They essentially made the goal/promise without much of a chance to be able to do it. It just stinks we are the faction that got left until the end.

Give us a good book and all will be forgiven :)

They said it in several interviews back when 8th edition came out. I was also told by their 40k FB page in a PM that the plan was to have all codexes out a year after 8th edition released.

Clearly they broke that promise. What bothers me the most about it is that they put in brand new armies in that  year instead of giving all existing 7th armies their books first.

I've given up any hope that we are going to get any kind of special treatment with our codex. I don't expect new units or Russ. I don't even trust that we are going to get an actual codex at this point.

Plans are very different than promises, and a PM isn't exactly a press release confirming that they'll release everything. Heck the company I work for plans on increasing profit by 8% every year (we haven't reached it in the four years I've been there).

I don't expect special treatment with the codex because I think from now on most of the "special treatment" will be tied with campaigns and other supplments.

I do think you should consider a taking a break from the hobby cause this seems to stress you a lot. 

Archived