Wolves and orks Teased ( killteam)

Triszin

If the models are ready for Death Guard or the Harlequins book is really easy to get out then by all means release them. Other people are waiting for those releases afterall. However, don’t be cryptic or silent when it comes to major factions. The fact that we still don’t have a dedicated timeline for either us or Orks is concerning from a business standpoint. It’s not one guy writing all of the codexes and you can’t tell me the authors have been combatting writer’s block for the past year. Give us an idea, at least a quarter, when to expect our book.

Back on topic though. The faction focus is out and the Warhammer 40,000 page has a healthy number of comments about it. Space Wolves are rolled into the main Astartes faction with our models represented by their vanilla counterparts. No Thunderwolves, no Wulfen either. Just Scouts, Tactical Marines, Intercessors and Reivers so far. So if you wish to have grey Ultramarines then you’re in luck!

When asked about it on facebook, the rep was a helpful mix of tight lipped and cheeky.

So Kill Team is a no for me. Nothing for the Rout and further waters us down as a faction.

Yeah Bulwyf i think you need to chill out a little. All this rabble rousing when I dont want my rabbles roused or feel they're worth rousing.

I feel like GW treats our 40k faction pretty well and a little patience is deserved here. That we're a year into 8th and most of the codexes out, all factions playable... Any jeering feels spoiled in the face of that accomplishment. Some of the codexes were going to be last and it just so happens ours was one of those.

All I really want at this point from GW is solid communication. It's not like they have competition such that they have to be tight-lipped on everything. A simple schedule on their website with expected dates (with the understanding they are fluid) of the existing releases, and either ??? or a small teaser for the "surprises".

I just want them to treat us respectively as paying customers, not as self-entitled children. Honestly, I fail to see the marketing harm if we knew now that it was a september release, or even later. If there were balance concerns, model development issues, etc, that made an already existing date shift, I know I would have zero issues with it. Their lack of communication is hurting our relationship, and I'd love to have words with whoever thought keeping silent was a good business practice (it isn't).

All I really want at this point from GW is solid communication. It's not like they have competition such that they have to be tight-lipped on everything. A simple schedule on their website with expected dates (with the understanding they are fluid) of the existing releases, and either ??? or a small teaser for the "surprises".

I just want them to treat us respectively as paying customers, not as self-entitled children. Honestly, I fail to see the marketing harm if we knew now that it was a september release, or even later. If there were balance concerns, model development issues, etc, that made an already existing date shift, I know I would have zero issues with it. Their lack of communication is hurting our relationship, and I'd love to have words with whoever thought keeping silent was a good business practice (it isn't).

Well said Gherrick. If you told me Wolves were out in September then pushed that date back to November or even January citing production issues or model lines then most wouldn’t have an issue. Hell, I’d appreciate it because then it would be something other than the very cryptic “It’s coming and you’ll be happy when it comes.”

However, don’t be cryptic or silent when it comes to major factions. The fact that we still don’t have a dedicated timeline for either us or Orks is concerning from a business standpoint. It’s not one guy writing all of the codexes and you can’t tell me the authors have been combatting writer’s block for the past year. Give us an idea, at least a quarter, when to expect our book.

GW have never done this before, why expect them to start now? GW want people frothing about what is coming out next week, not next quarter.

Back in the old says, models like the Wave Serpent were spoiled months ahead of their actual release and the result was a lot of negative feedback that GW felt (rightly or wrongly) impacted sales. If people know there is a big release coming at a certain time, they hold back from buying right now. That is not in GW's interest and they can tolerate a few disgruntled vets like us much more easily than reduced sales.

Also, a fixed schedule makes it harder for GW to react to developments. Just say they have planned army X for release next quarter and announced it. Then they encounter a problem translating the model CADs into toolings. If they delay the release they face angst and criticism. This way any delays or reshuffles caused by circumstances beyond their control are hidden "under the hood".

GW has been very communicatitve. We know Space Wolves and Orks are the mext codexes

Ithat people are kickibg and screaming on the razors edge of July and August, well t's the very definition of impatience and hyperbole.

Can we get on focus about kill team and not the codex. There is another thread for the codex. I know I am guilty as well.

So it is pretty upsetting to see kill team to misrepresent the SW's twice now. The first is the preview video where they show Thunderwolf and other SW units. The 2nd is the reiver sergeant weapon selection. I expect the 2nd to change once our codex comes out, however it's just another jab while we're down. If we weren't getting our own units then why show them in the preview video.

GW has been very communicatitve. We know Space Wolves and Orks are the mext codexes

Ithat people are kickibg and screaming on the razors edge of July and August, well t's the very definition of impatience and hyperbole.

I don't think it is impatient kicking and screaming when literally every army but three has their codex over a year after 8th edition release. If anything, waiting this long before showing any kind of frustration is a hallmark of patience.

I agree with the other brothers here. If GW would even give some kind of schedule of when to expect the codex it could at least give some kind of answer. Soon* which was given over a month ago with no update since then does not qualify.

Can we get on focus about kill team and not the codex. There is another thread for the codex. I know I am guilty as well.

So it is pretty upsetting to see kill team to misrepresent the SW's twice now. The first is the preview video where they show Thunderwolf and other SW units. The 2nd is the reiver sergeant weapon selection. I expect the 2nd to change once our codex comes out, however it's just another jab while we're down. If we weren't getting our own units then why show them in the preview video.

You're correct. I appreciate the Mods being permissive with us. 

I think the Kill Team stuff will get straightened out. Didn't they say somewhere that as the game became more popular that more rules would be added. All Chapters follow vanilla rules for now.

You're correct. I appreciate the Mods being permissive with us. 

I think the Kill Team stuff will get straightened out. Didn't they say somewhere that as the game became more popular that more rules would be added. All Chapters follow vanilla rules for now.

Speaking strictly Kill Team it only makes sense for SW to be treated the same as vanilla SM for now. The DA and BA will I assume be treated the same at least for now.

SW's are apparently under the Adeptus Astartes banner; the VIth will likely have access to some flavor based options to better fit the fluff, but by and large, just Grey Knights and Adeptus Astartes, are the two Loyal side SM options, thus far.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/07/06/kill-team-faction-focus-index/

Well we had special snowflake rules for SW:Armageddon so I can see some sadness about being vanilla atm. Doesn’t matter to me though really, I’m the only space marine in my group anyways and hey had me at alternating activation anyways. :D

We don't know enough yet to really judge if they have misrepresented SW. For example they could make a requisition card that allows you to take a model from a unit outside of that list, that is themed (so thunderwolves for us, vanguard vets for blood angels, terminators for Dark angels, biker for scars, etc.). You also may be limited on how many tactics you can have overall, and so your forces identity comes from the combination of tactics (cards) that you have. But the ability to mix and match cards lets people define their own chapters.

We don't know enough yet to really judge if they have misrepresented SW. For example they could make a requisition card that allows you to take a model from a unit outside of that list, that is themed (so thunderwolves for us, vanguard vets for blood angels, terminators for Dark angels, biker for scars, etc.). You also may be limited on how many tactics you can have overall, and so your forces identity comes from the combination of tactics (cards) that you have. But the ability to mix and match cards lets people define their own chapters.

Warhammer 40,000 Facebook said this:

Kill Team uses Adeptus Astartes to cover all Marines eg Dark Angels, Blood Angels, Space Wolves, etc.

Simon Grant said this:

The game may not cater directly for the Space Wolf unit type and wargear, but it doesn't mean you can't give them their own identity or make them look cool

My reply:

I fear GW miscommunicated a huge error when in the preview they showcased a Thunderwolf in it.

Simin Grant:

Alas that was a mistake. The models are mostly drawn from troop choices.

Seems pretty clear we aren't getting Twolves, termies, bikers, Sangy guard choices.

My only gripe about this box set is that it is primaris marines. I don't want to buy/paint/field primaris marines in my Vlka Fenryka. I wonder how many people would rather have Blood Claw/Grey Hunter kill team? I know I would. I don't know if the price would justify the terrain and corresponding datacards, etc.

this popped up

a converted squad

LSUcKpS.jpg

anyone know what set the axes are from?

shoulder pads are the upgrade pack, heads are a mix of grey hunter, primaris and thudner wolf heads

I think the really galling thing about this, is that it confines SW to Primaris only if you want to play kill team with 'actual' Space Wolves. At least SWs can take those units, unlike Scouts and Tacticals. Whereas the 2 Angel dexes actually use the same troop types as the Kill Team rules, so that seems less egregious imo.

I think the really galling thing about this, is that it confines SW to Primaris only if you want to play kill team with 'actual' Space Wolves. At least SWs can take those units, unlike Scouts and Tacticals. Whereas the 2 Angel dexes actually use the same troop types as the Kill Team rules, so that seems less egregious imo.

Why can't we use our wolf scouts for scouts and grey hunters for tactical marines? Because I'm never using Primaris models for anything.

Why can't we use our wolf scouts for scouts and grey hunters for tactical marines? Because I'm never using Primaris models for anything.

Hence my use of "'actual' Space Wolves". Having to officially proxy half the options because we have different units to Codex Marines just makes it feel badly thought out and slapdash. Deal breaker in and of itself? That's up to everyone individually, but I certainly find it annoying and disappointing.

Well I'd wait to see what the rules look, and if you think its enough to represent wolves or not. If it is and you like it give it a try, and if not right them a email and tell them that you would be interested if it did have chapter rules.

For me it really depends on how much the game diverages from 40k (the more the better for this type of game), and if it looks fun.

No i think its fair to say proxying is a dealbreaker, considering 5th Edition Killteam supported Space Wolves.

Also, Simon Grant's Primaris conversions for his Killteams are so cool. Reivers with hand axes just looks so damn good and i honestly can't wait to start on my own.

Archived