AT Chat, Lists, and Conversions For All Stompy Robot Lovers

Fajita Fan

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure there was a Daemon-possessed Titan on Molech during Vengeful Spirit.

EDIT: my memory was correct:

It called itself the Teratus, though the Manifold of Red Vengeance had identified it as Pax Ascerbus, a Reaver of Legio Interfector. Blood was its new oil, the sentience of a million warp scraps its marrow and its corrupt machine-spirit was a howling, warp-stitched thing of murder-lust.

Not that I'm saying that there will be Daemon-Titans in the Doom of Molech, mind you.

Edited by Marshal Loss

Maybe just House Devine? There was a daemon Titan in a different story somewhere, and that was actually referenced in Titandeath (BL). 

edit: correction, there sort of is one. It's called the Teratus of Legio Interfector. It may just be a Chaos Titan and not a full-on Daemon Titan, though?

Maybe the -1 of the bigger class is the +1 of the smaller...

In that respect the Warbringer would be between Warlord and Reaver and that’ll be that... the Rapier will be the Warhound -1 and the smaller in the range and all we’re missing is one class between Warhound and Reaver...

I doubt they’ll go above Warlord unless the time has come for the Imperator. And that would be mostly treated as a modeling centerpiece so my bet is full resin and a ton of money... And not that useable either.

I don't know about that. In the short term, probably, but they've name dropped a whole bunch of different Titan classes. They've also stated repeatedly that the old Warlord variants were originally meant to be different chassis, and that they want to use the opportunity of the new AT to make that a reality. The Nemesis might have turned out to be a variant rather than a unique Titan, but that still leaves the Eclipse, Death Bringer, and Nightgaunt. And then we have the Warbringer, Rapier, Mirage, and Carnivore...

And they've definitely mentioned a class above the Warlord, and I'm pretty sure that's been reported more than once. Keep in mind we don't know how much larger, either. It could be only slightly larger or even share components with the Warlord kit. The sprues certainly seem designed in such a way that the legs and parts of the torso could be carried over to something else, with different weapon hardpoints and armor panels on a new sprue.

However, I'll admit there's also the possibility that some of those names could be used as another universal variant a la the Nemesis pattern. For example, consider if "Nightgaunt" was a designation for a Titan that's removed carapace mounts in favor of speed and armour? Or they may just never expand on some of those names and leave them a mystery, or some could turn out to be relatively minor variations or sub-patterns (possibly Legio specific in some cases?). Legio Fureans' Reviler class could easily be something like that.

Edited by LetsYouDown

I like it. I also like that you break the different steps, it is an excellent way to learn and also helps avoid some mistakes. The AT Titans are the first thing I am painting further than a simple sprayed basecoat since a very long time, plenty to learn there (I have some time to do it now).

I haven't seen a step-by-step for Guy Haley's armour, that would be interesting.

Your blog is in my favourites, good cool stuff there!

Well I hope you find the blog useful, even if its only just a spark for your own ideas/methods.

I think I might revisit my Solaria colour choices, as I like Guy H's armour better than mine at the moment.

I always pictured Solaria as a desaturated or sage green instead of the brilliant emerald with mottling but I guess I was wrong. I do like the last picture where the carapace is predominantly white in the center and then kind of pixelates to emerald toward the outer edges.

And now I've just realised I've seen your blog before. It's your bad ass bases! I love how bonkers you are with the Warhound legs too, you should talk to The Damned Artificer he's a nutjob for detail too.

lol thanks!

Having just looked at The Damned Artificer's Ignatum blog I can only aspire to that level of nuttiness.

Yeah, we have a very active and vibrant sub-community here. There was great enthusiasm for this game from the very beginning!

Also you may want to check out this: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/353097-titans-of-the-heresy/

Checked out...posted in...although uncertain I can take part :(

Legio Vulpa Random Name Generator

Disclaimer - this was crafted in half an hour on wiktionary.   To name your titan roll first D8 for the adjective and then D8 or D4 for the noun depending on the class of the titan.   The try to sound which way your name sounds cooler as in high gothic (I mean latin) word order doesn't really matter. Vastator Potens is just as correct as Potens Vastator. I like the former more, but you might not agree. In which case you'd pick the latter.  

Adjective (Roll D8)
Atrox (Fierce)
Immitis (Cruel)
Vehemens (Vehement)
Potens (Mighty)
Lividus (Livid)
Cruentus (Bloody)
Ater (Black, gloomy)
Insignis (Distinguished)

Warlord / Reaver Noun (Roll D8)
Domitor (Vanquisher)
Extinctor (Eliminator)
Vastator (Destroyer)
Venator (Hunter)
Ultor (Punisher)
Ferrum (Sword/Iron)
Perditor (Ruiner)
Secutor (Pursuer)

Warhound Noun (Roll D4)
Canis (Hound)
Lupus (Wolf)
Insectator (Chaser)
Venator (Hunter)
Edited by Zhiv

Greetings Everyone!

Its been a few months since I posted to this forum. (I think my last post was about my last 'Titan' ) Having not been having much fun with 40k lately I have spent most time time paiting and playing AOS. That changed about 3 weeks ago when some of the chaps in my local group started building some Titans for AT.

Well on Feb 1st I got myself the Titan Battle Group Box and by the end of the day this photo was taken in my garage.

gallery_63905_15238_236558.jpg

Then I spent the evening painting and by the end of the evening was able to get these chaps finished.

gallery_63905_15238_721834.jpg

And Then I moved on to the Titans, I have allways loved the classic Red and Chevron look of the Legio Ignatum, and turning away from my normal inclination to paint some Legio associated with the Iron Warriors my red paints were broken out. And quickly I had the first Titan finished.

it doesn't have a name yet, I need to name it...

gallery_63905_15238_562550.jpggallery_63905_15238_838994.jpg

Since then I have been working on finishing the second Warhound and my Warlord. Again both are without names! The Hope is that I can get these and my Revers finished by March as in March my local group have decided that we are going to try and run a campaign from the Titan Death book.

gallery_63905_15238_210137.jpg

gallery_63905_15238_579216.jpg

I will be starting a thread of sorts soon to put my thoughts about the game and more WIP updates on. As I try and get Practice games in over this month. (And finish my manipale.. something that if I hadnd done so much work I would enter in the painting event thats on going)

The new WD has some rules for a Knight Banner incorporating maniple seems decent (Dominus Battleforce). No increase to offensive power, just a couple defensive benefits for the Titans in the maniple.

My only complaint is stylistic, the Knights in the illustrations all have Mechanicum-esque names (Falx-XLV, Falx-XXIII) even for a house like Coldshroud.  I think that is just because they probably didn't have the time to come up with real names for  WD article.

My only complaint is stylistic, the Knights in the illustrations all have Mechanicum-esque names (Falx-XLV, Falx-XXIII) even for a house like Coldshroud.  I think that is just because they probably didn't have the time to come up with real names for  WD article.

On this Note does know what the best source information on Knights houses are? I havent a clue what house todo and the online resources are mixed in usefulness 

On this Note does know what the best source information on Knights houses are? I havent a clue what house todo and the online resources are mixed in usefulness 

For me, the best 30k Knight info is from the HH black book Conquest. Tons of pics, lots of info on various Houses. 

Likely the upcoming Battle of Molech expansion.  Failing that, the index on Titandeath sourcebook (this can be googled up).  And then 40k wiki.  

Neat trick is coming up with a knight house of your own - then no-one can say they didn't fight with your legio. :P

For me, the best 30k Knight info is from the HH black book Conquest. Tons of pics, lots of info on various Houses. 

Thanks! I will try and track down a friend with a coppy!

Does anyone else get frustrated waiting for the resin guns to be released? This week we get a bunch of silly marines in haloween costumes instead. Where are my guns FW? ><

Yep, I need a Quake cannon!

Do we think this will be a no release month for AT?

Could be. The downside of there having been tons of stuff revealed at the heresy weekender is that it'll take a while for it all to filter through to the shop.

It hasn't actually been long since we had titandeath, the reaver 2 and a bunch of transfers.

Yep, I am also frustrated waiting for new releases. I hope there will be some pre-orders announced this Sunday.

On the other hand, this means I can be proud as I stayed sober for 21 days :biggrin.:  21 days without buying anything wargames related (but as soon as pre-orders are up this will change … a true addict …)

Yep, I am also frustrated waiting for new releases. I hope there will be some pre-orders announced this Sunday.

On the other hand, this means I can be proud as I stayed sober for 21 days :biggrin.:  21 days without buying anything wargames related (but as soon as pre-orders are up this will change … a true addict …)

Me too.  Unless buying magnets count.  Surely magnets don't count...

Me too.  Unless buying magnets count.  Surely magnets don't count...

Pretty sure they do I'm afraid! I think the measure is that the money is no longer in your bank account, but you now have toys. Everything is working as intended.

The new WD has some rules for a Knight Banner incorporating maniple seems decent (Dominus Battleforce). No increase to offensive power, just a couple defensive benefits for the Titans in the maniple.

My only complaint is stylistic, the Knights in the illustrations all have Mechanicum-esque names (Falx-XLV, Falx-XXIII) even for a house like Coldshroud. I think that is just because they probably didn't have the time to come up with real names for WD article.

To follow up on this I missed a part of the explanation for the naming convention. Apparently Vassal Houses do not get all the heraldry and names and splashy honor of the normal Knight Houses. So that is why all the Knights in the White Dwarf article have similar names vs the pageantry we are more used to.

This is on my list of things to do as well.

I found this one on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/adeptustitanicus/comments/96n7sn/anyone_going_to_be_making_crotch_banners/

A tutorial on banners by Rob Hawkins, not AT related but the technique is transposable I think https://robhawkinshobby.blogspot.com/search/label/Banners

Captain Taelos did some banners for his titans http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/350457-legio-fureans-shall-walk/

as did the damned artificer http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/353173-legio-ignatum-walks/

For small chains I am eyeing naval scale models

Do you think we’ll see some of the FW resin weapons tomorrow? They had some of the Warlord ones in the cabinets at the weekender, so they are probably close to release. I think the FW site update’s around 9-10am UK time, so not long to wait and see.

I hope we either see the resin weapons or the two new Realm of Battle tiles. I received my first two last week, I'd like to get the other ones and have a proper board.

I think  the Spire Kits will be the next drop, we saw them in boxs at the event. 

I have a feeling the weapons may be in the summer and closer to the next campaign book.